Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Connecting serial trackball to Optipac?  (Read 1451 times)

Brad Lee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 26, 2005, 11:39:04 am
Connecting serial trackball to Optipac?
« on: October 14, 2002, 04:30:04 pm »
What would be the procedure to take a serial trackball and connect it to an Optipac, in order to use the Optipac for multiple trackballs, or track+spinner?

1UP

• Token Junkie
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 11, 2014, 01:37:18 am
  • Yes, that is a joystick in my pocket.
    • 1UPArcade
Re:Connecting serial trackball to Optipac?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2002, 05:09:30 pm »
Oscar emailed me a procedure for doing this, but I haven't looked at it yet.  I believe it involves connecting the optical sensors directly to the optipac.  I was also interested in this, will post when I know more!

Free resource for building your own rotating control panels!

My other job...

Brad Lee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 26, 2005, 11:39:04 am
Re:Connecting serial trackball to Optipac?
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2002, 05:17:21 pm »
That'd be great if you find anything..

I'm in the process of putting together what's needed and have found that "kids" trackballs are the right size(2.25-3"), some are already made transparent/lighted, and yet can be found for 15-20$

If a spinner weren't a must for me(Tempest & Arkanoid are 2 of my alltime favorites ever, it'd be a shame to skip them), i'd just scrap it and keep the ball serial