Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Donkey Kong/Mario Bros Monitor Position  (Read 3993 times)

jammastajc

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 08, 2005, 04:12:00 pm
  • I'm a llama!
Donkey Kong/Mario Bros Monitor Position
« on: January 07, 2005, 02:55:10 pm »
I am building a replica of the Donkey Kong/Mario Bros. cabinet. I used the plans from http://www.jakobud.com/. I am at the point where I need to install the slanted monitor shelf, but the shelf isn't included in the plans.

Does anyone have the following information on the placement/dimensions of shelf and monitor:
height and angle at which the shelf is installed,
dimensions of the shelf,
angle of the face of the monitor,
dimensions of black bezel surrounding the monitor inside the cab. (not the graphical plexiglas bezel)

Thanks

Jakobud

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 11, 2024, 04:45:38 am
Re: Donkey Kong/Mario Bros Monitor Position
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2005, 06:54:12 pm »
Yeah sorry I didn't have this included in the plans.  I have never had access to the inside of one of those cabinets unfortunately.  The monitor is behind glass.  I think you could easily eye it and get close enough if you take a look at a bunch of pictures.

jammastajc

• Offline Offline
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2005, 07:44:41 pm »
That's probably what I'll end up doing. I was walking past a pizza parlor down the street and saw that they have a Donkey Kong cabinet. I'll go in and study that one.
The rest of the plans have worked out great for me though. I expect the final product to be nearly an exact replica.
Thanks!

pcates

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 05, 2011, 08:15:57 pm
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2005, 08:55:51 pm »
I have a DK in the basement. I will measure it for you over the weekend.... If I do not post by Sunday night please send me a PM to remind me ;)

Patrick

jammastajc

• Offline Offline
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2005, 04:12:05 pm »
Awesome! Thanks... much appreciated.

pcates

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 05, 2011, 08:15:57 pm
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2005, 08:35:47 pm »
OK here we go.....
I was not exactly sure how to measure the angle of the monitor, so if you need more measurements, just let me know where from and to you need measured.

From the front of the bottom plexi holder to the bottom of the monitor frame is 4 1/4 inches.

From the top plexi holder to the top of the monitor frame is 23 1/4 inches.

From 10 inches up from the plexi holder, and then straight back to the monitor frame is 18 3/4 inches.

I hope these help, if not let me know and I will meaure some more. It only takes a minute to take the plexi out.

Patrick

1-UP

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 26, 2020, 06:53:22 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2019, 06:08:06 pm »
Hey pcates, I've been searching all over the internet for these measurements to thank you.

I'm drawing up a new nintendo cab build in cad and I can't quite figure out the measurments you gave... (sorry I know it was a long time ago)

I'm not fitting a CRT but I want the positioning of my 20" flatscreen to be as accurate as possible to original.

When you say monitor frame, do you mean the actual screen or what the monitor is mounted to?

With the bottom plexi holder measurment, do you mean the front of the marquee retainer or from the very front? (i.e from the black painted wood part)

When I draw up the bottom measurement and the middle (10 inches up) measurment it seems to go with what others are saying (about a 35% angle) However, the top plexi holder measurement is different and would give a different angle. Ideally a few measuements from the plexi to the screen surface itself would be better but I guess thats not really possible to access.

What im trying to find out is where the screen itself is positioned, as my mounts will not be for a CRT.

I hope you can help, sorry if this makes little sense,

Drnick

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 06, 2023, 01:19:48 pm
  • Plodding Through Life
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2019, 02:46:11 am »
Good luck with that,  user last logged onover 8 years ago and you have bumped a 14 year old post. :banghead: :banghead:

1-UP

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 26, 2020, 06:53:22 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2019, 04:09:09 pm »
...and thats why I said "I know it was a long time ago". Sincerest apologies indeed  :notworthy:  :dunno Why does it matter to you? I replied because it was the only post I could find about that specific question. So you've commented (and "bumped" it again) just to be negative??  :applaud: Sad.

Mr. Peabody

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 05, 2019, 02:30:42 pm
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2019, 01:45:25 am »
@1-UP: the standard of practice preferred is to create a new thread, addressed to the community.