Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: 2 Empty (or full?) cabs *possibly* for Sale in ND  (Read 1589 times)

MameFan

• Trade Count: (0)
2 Empty (or full?) cabs *possibly* for Sale in ND
« on: October 10, 2002, 05:21:38 pm »
Would anyone out there have interest in buying one or both of my 2 large upright cabs?

I'm in ND, so anyone in ND, SD, MN area would only be a 4-5 hour drive to come and pick up at most.  I know there arn't many places to find cabs in this area.

I have the following cabs and are likely going to get rid of 1 or both, but am curious on the interest level before I make final decisions/attempt to sell on eBay if no interest here.

Both cabs would likely be totally gutted down to the wood, but I might be able to include a coin door on either (same sized door) if wanted.

1) Defender cabinet. Very good condition 3/4" plywood.  Has dark marroon formica on both sides, and painted black on the front around coin door and bottom.   One side of formica is split and broken at the bottom. The glue is very dry and pulling back reveals that the original Defender arkwork is still on the sides!.  Includes back panel.

2) Sega Space Fury (also same as Congo Bongo and Zaxxon).   3/4" particle board with original formica on both sides and front, some scratches and holes, but have been wood-filled and will be stained close to match.   Can include original front door with 2 individual slots on each side, or new custom made one I did that allows a Williams style coin door in the center. (I also installed latches to hold the door on in absence of a control panel to bolt into.) Missing back panel.

Both are in above typical "ebay" condition, but of course are not "prime" condition by any means.

I have a game in the Defender (Bubble Bobble--a conversion) and was underway in converting the Space Fury into a MAME system.

I might consider selling them as they current are without stripping (bubble bobble-complete) or Mame cabinet with 19" monitor already mounted to plywood and in place (can be pulled out, turned, and rebolted in either vertical or horizontal orientation!) but without computer/control panel.

I have run out of room in my house and I'm planning to build a mini cabinet for MAME instead (width is smaller, and I only play vertical 1 player games anyway) , and perhaps a cocktail for BubbleBobble instead.

Let me know if anyone has any interest at all.  Private message me here to be sure I get it (my hotmail is a spam ridden address, so I may not get it there).

>> Note: I do not wish to deal with palleting/wrapping/shipping, so only those that could come and pick up please respond if interested <<
« Last Edit: October 10, 2002, 05:23:12 pm by MameFan »

dirkmm

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 14, 2002, 09:07:22 am
Re:2 Empty (or full?) cabs *possibly* for Sale in ND
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2002, 09:07:41 am »
Where in ND are you?

MameFan

Re:2 Empty (or full?) cabs *possibly* for Sale in ND
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2002, 09:54:02 am »