Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: For Lazarus users: (Things you can be getting ready.)  (Read 1071 times)

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 16, 2024, 05:59:16 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
For Lazarus users: (Things you can be getting ready.)
« on: October 08, 2002, 02:32:33 pm »
Thanks to a lot of hard work by >p< the 3d cab support in lazarus is flawless and very much a great addition.  

It will be a while before I can release a new version but while you are waiting there ae some things you should get ready for....

#1 Install real player.  

Video previews both on the 3D cabinet and  on top of hte snapshot element are now supported but only in real format. (Btw real one sucks so try to get an older version.)

#2 Install Shockwave.  

The 3d plugin requires the latest version of shockwave to operate.  It is generally installed when you go to a flash enabled webpage.  Basically if you can use the model viewers at the 3darcade homepage then you will be able to use the plugin.

#3 Directory Changes....

From now on all of your artwork folders have to be contained inside a folder called "dswmedia" due to some limitations of shockwave.  So if your artwork was in "c:\mame\" it should now be in "c:\mame\dswmedia\"  other than the fact that they must be in a folder called dswmedia at some point you can still have your artwork folders anywhere and in multiple places, just like before.

#4 New Directories....

To go with the usual folders (snap,flyers,marquees,cabinets) you will also now have titles and vids  titles are for title snapshots and vids are for the real video previews.  

Something of note.... vids aren't searched for in every dir as the other elements are. When a snapshot is found it looks in the same root dir it found that snap for the vid.  In other words group your vids and snap folders together.  

These are a lot of changes so I thought I would post them early so everyone could get ready.  

More updates as they become available and as always thank you for your time. :)

)p(

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 27, 2009, 03:38:15 am
  • We are the Galaxians...
    • Emulaxian:cabinet and frontend
Re:For Lazarus users: (Things you can be getting ready.)
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2002, 04:40:07 pm »
You can get real player 8 in the videos section at the 3darcade website  :D

Peter

SirPoonga

• Puck'em Up
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 12, 2023, 09:22:35 pm
  • The Bears Still Suck!
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2002, 12:34:58 am »
Do you need real player?  when you saw dwsedia, snaps would be /dwsmedia/snaps?

do you have to have dwsmedia if you don't want 3d cabs?

Yarb

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 26, 2019, 01:18:30 pm
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2002, 01:07:42 am »
Hurry Howard, HURRY, I want it and I want it now!!!!!

;)

Hehe but then again I know you have a life and should live it. but I really am looking forward to the new release. My new cab is hungry for it.

)P( will there be a way to integrate your Emulaxian 3DArcade and Lazarus as I find 3DArcade very cool for a select group of games but a bit unweildly (OK I admit it I get lost looking for a particular game) for a lot of games.

Yarb

)p(

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 27, 2009, 03:38:15 am
  • We are the Galaxians...
    • Emulaxian:cabinet and frontend
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2002, 01:52:35 am »
sirp:

you don't have to install realmedia if you don't use it. I also will make a plugin version available that does not use it. So you can also have 3d cabs view without it installed.

yarb:

Yes we plan to make them work together. (By the way...There are more menu types then the fps style arcade to find games fast. I almost exclusively use the cylarcade in combination with the more traditional paging menu on my cab. I also use the search and filter functions a lot...I personally don't like listboxes that is why they will never be in Emulaxian...But i know there are more people like you that don't like Emulaxian as a normal fe but want to occasionaly use the fps arcade that is ok by me :-) and one of the main reasons we will make our fe's compatible ;-) )

Peter