Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: 3D Arcade Help again.  (Read 3140 times)

JesterDEV

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 25, 2010, 05:29:21 pm
  • OU812?
    • Jester's Temptation
3D Arcade Help again.
« on: October 01, 2002, 10:45:03 pm »
Well I finally got it up and running. Im only having some minor problems.

First I can only get the well.. Round looking arcade to load. I want to use the large (Quake level kinda) one. The one that loads when you run it for the first time..

Second, where can I find this mame.cfg file?! I wanted to create some game lists with feparser.exe but I says file not found. I assume it means mame.cfg or mame32.ini as I have catvir.ini. I looked in my mame dir and cant find either one...

Next I cant get my quicktime movie to show at startup. It always shows the flash intro instead. I set it all to false, exept the quicktime section with is true. I also tryed 0 and 1.

Lastly in the tutorial it says to set defcab to Horizontal. Well I did this and it dosnt work.

Perhaps I just dont know what I'm doing, but now that I got this working (some what) I really would love to use it...

Anyway any advice would be greatly appreciated.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2002, 12:37:21 am by JesterDEV »
Great big gobs of greasy grimey gopher guts.

cdbrown

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 16, 2017, 09:52:03 pm
  • Bowowow
Re:3D Arcade Help again.
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2002, 01:39:47 am »
Much like yourself I had a fair bit of trouble getting it going, but have managed to get both the cylarcade and fpsarcade (under show3dwhich in fe.cfg).  I haven't got the feparser to work just yet as I haven't got a mame.ini file but noticed in another thread that at the command prompt type mame -cc and that will output the ini file required.  I haven't tried it.  >p< also recommends in the tutorial to use mame (which used to be mamew) instead of mame32.

Try that and see how you go.

Cheers
-cdbrown

)p(

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 27, 2009, 03:38:15 am
  • We are the Galaxians...
    • Emulaxian:cabinet and frontend
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2002, 02:26:05 am »

First I can only get the well.. Round looking arcade to load. I want to use the large (Quake level kinda) one. The one that loads when you run it for the first time..

>look at fereadme secion 5 structure of the menus...default key "5" lets you switch between selection sets..in the default setup the first one arcade games...is the onwwith the cylinder with the guy playing and the main one i use because it has all mame games. the fps quake style is fpsdemo2 ... Or maybe you changed to cylarcade the version of the menu's were you look at a row of cabs's then switch back to fps style with default key "7"

Second, where can I find this mame.cfg file?! I wanted to create some game lists with feparser.exe but I says file not found. I assume it means mame.cfg or mame32.ini as I have catvir.ini. I looked in my mame dir and cant find either one...

>Are you using mame32? I don't have it on my system maybe it's ini file is different then regular mame... but yes you point it to your mame.exe first and then to catver.ini

Next I cant get my quicktime movie to show at startup. It always shows the flash intro instead. I set it all to false, exept the quicktime section with is true. I also tryed 0 and 1.

>flashintro|false|, intromov|sample.mp4/30/3 0 0 465 819 0 50 1|

Lastly in the tutorial it says to set defcab to Horizontal. Well I did this and it dosnt work.

>? please be more precise what model do you want to set to use for horizontal games. And example is this gencabx|Robotron/15/Horizontal/15/Horizontal/15/Horizontal| this will make Robotron the default cab for every horizontal game.

Peter

)p(

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2002, 02:31:21 am »

Much like yourself I had a fair bit of trouble getting it going, but have managed to get both the cylarcade and fpsarcade (under show3dwhich in fe.cfg).  I haven't got the feparser to work just yet as I haven't got a mame.ini file but noticed in another thread that at the command prompt type mame -cc and that will output the ini file required.  I haven't tried it.  >p< also recommends in the tutorial to use mame (which used to be mamew) instead of mame32.

Try that and see how you go.

Cheers
-cdbrown

you need the the mame.ini or mame.cfg because it will have the paths to your roms in it. so yes do a mame -cc and adjust the rom path in the new  mame.ini. If you don't have it get catver.ini from http://www.mameworld.net/catlist/ (the big detailed file it mentions wrongly on the site that I use the other...it can use both the big ones has more detail to it). Then follow the readme...

Peter

JesterDEV

• Offline Offline
  • OU812?
    • Jester's Temptation
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2002, 08:55:51 pm »
Thanks for the help.I got everything but the intromovie to play. Here is wha I have:

--optional quicktime movies for intro screen and exitscreen
--fixed|mamearcade.mov/fixed x y width height rotation opacity directtostage(1=true o r0=false)|
intromov|true|mamearcade.mov/30/3 0 0 465 819 0 50 1|--nb.--if this quicktime movie file exist and flashintro does not this quicktime movie will be show on startup...hit any key to go further. when this file also does not exist you will see only the backdrop pic.
--intromov|mamearcade.mov/30/3 0 0 465 819 0 50 1|--nb.
--exitmov|true|
exitmov|mamearcade.mov/60/3 520 400 465 419 0 100 1|--hit a key to exit , or extra 2 item is time to wait to exit in seconds

And finally how can I edit the animated textures in fpsdemo2? I wanted to change the walls, floor and ceiling... The only thing I can find are some cst file which I have no idea what to do with them..
« Last Edit: October 02, 2002, 11:32:38 pm by JesterDEV »

)p(

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2002, 01:53:03 am »

Thanks for the help.I got everything but the intromovie to play. Here is wha I have:

--optional quicktime movies for intro screen and exitscreen
--fixed|mamearcade.mov/fixed x y width height rotation opacity directtostage(1=true o r0=false)|
intromov|true|mamearcade.mov/30/3 0 0 465 819 0 50 1|--nb.--if this quicktime movie file exist and flashintro does not this quicktime movie will be show on startup...hit any key to go further. when this file also does not exist you will see only the backdrop pic.
--intromov|mamearcade.mov/30/3 0 0 465 819 0 50 1|--nb.
--exitmov|true|
exitmov|mamearcade.mov/60/3 520 400 465 419 0 100 1|--hit a key to exit , or extra 2 item is time to wait to exit in seconds

And finally how can I edit the animated textures in fpsdemo2? I wanted to change the walls, floor and ceiling... The only thing I can find are some cst file which I have no idea what to do with them..

intromov|true|mamearcade.mov/30/3 0 0 465 819 0 50 1|
should be
intromov|mamearcade.mov/30/3 0 0 465 819 0 50 1|

you make animated bitmaps..yeah the cast file with feutilities.exe see the readme for it for details...it is very easy just have a set of mitmaps in a folder you will see...

Peter

JesterDEV

• Offline Offline
  • OU812?
    • Jester's Temptation
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2002, 10:13:41 pm »
Sorry to be such a pain but how in the hell do I open a w3d file??  I cant all that well myself but I figure I can
modify it.   I downloading shockwave studio (trail) but
it says the file is not a shockwave file...

And the last problem that I have is that I still cant get the default cab to change. I have this:

--general options
fpscabsmax|50|--the maximum number of cabs in the fps arcade for this environment...from 5 to 50. More cabs...more resources...
defcab||Robotron/15/Horizontal/15/Horizontal/15/Horizontal|--use this 3d model when no others are found
gencab1|Pinball/10/pinball/10/pinball/10/pinball|--first item model to use, then 3 conditions all off therm have to be filled...if 10 entry contains pinball and 10 entry contains pinball and 10 entry contains pinball then use Pinball model
--gencab2|Robotron/15/Horizontal/15/Horizontal/15/Horizontal|
--gencab3|Tempest/14/Vector/14/Vector/14/Vector|

And thanks for all your patiance and help. This should really be the last of help that I need.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2002, 11:07:36 pm by JesterDEV »

)p(

• Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2002, 01:56:08 am »

Sorry to be such a pain but how in the hell do I open a w3d file??  I cant all that well myself but I figure I can
modify it.   I downloading shockwave studio (trail) but
it says the file is not a shockwave file...

And the last problem that I have is that I still cant get the default cab to change. I have this:

--general options
fpscabsmax|50|--the maximum number of cabs in the fps arcade for this environment...from 5 to 50. More cabs...more resources...
defcab||Robotron/15/Horizontal/15/Horizontal/15/Horizontal|--use this 3d model when no others are found
first item model to use, then 3 conditions all off therm have to be filled...if 10 entry contains pinball and 10 entry contains pinball and 10 entry contains pinball then use Pinball model
--gencab2|Robotron/15/Horizontal/15/Horizontal/15/Horizontal|
--gencab3|Tempest/14/Vector/14/Vector/14/Vector|

And thanks for all your patiance and help. This should really be the last of help that I need.

you can't edit w3d files they are protected. If you want to change a models geometry you will need 3d studio max and the max source file. And then export the edited version from max to w3d to use in the fe.

if you ant robotron as your default cab then
defcab|Robotron|
gencab1|Pinball/10/pinball/10/pinball/10/pinball|
etc.
Do this for all your arcade cfg files...probably arcades\default.cfg and arcades\fpsdemo2.cfg

Peter

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 21, 2024, 11:59:54 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2002, 04:43:08 pm »
We kind of stopped submitting the source files for copyright reasons.  Since this is becoming popular it was feared  (and with good reason) that someone might steal our work or take advantage of the open source to aid their own commercial product.  BUT  If you need a source file from one of us let us know. :)  

JesterDEV

• Offline Offline
  • OU812?
    • Jester's Temptation
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2002, 07:10:16 pm »
I can understand why you did that.

Actually is there a chance I could get the source for your cps1 model?
I really just wanted a black cab as my default but without the capcom
texture. Not sure how to remove the texture... But I can give it shot. :)

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 21, 2024, 11:59:54 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2002, 02:18:50 pm »
Actually the map name is also involved......  If you simply change the texture it will cause errors.  

Stay tuned as I am releasing a series of totally generic cabinets soon.  They have mame graphics and are very subtle and generic.  I will make one based on the cps1 a 4 player generic cab and a vertical generic cab.... that should take care of everything.  :)