Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: psx and pc hack in one??  (Read 1876 times)

nullb0y

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 27, 2023, 04:37:32 pm
  • Who wants some?
    • antinull
psx and pc hack in one??
« on: October 04, 2002, 01:24:12 pm »
im just curious ifr its pussible tio have both a ps2 controler and a computer controler wired to buttons and as long as 1 is not live and the other is would it still work???
Alright. Who wants some? Who's next? Huh? How 'bout it? Who wants some? Huh? Who wants to have a little? You.
  You want some more? Huuuh? You want a little? Do ya? Huh? You want some more? Huh? Huh? Hh!

tom61

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 18, 2017, 12:46:56 am
Re:psx and pc hack in one??
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2002, 03:32:48 pm »
Most of the time a console hack and PC hack won't work.

CthulhuLuke

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 18, 2024, 06:42:43 pm
  • old school
    • CthulhuLuke's Arcade Parodius
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2002, 06:10:09 pm »
Ummm... k ^_^  well mine worked first try with 2 playstation pelican psx pads and an I-pac.  As long as the playstation pads are not plugged in, the I-pac works perfectly, and vice versa.  And yes the grounds are wired to the same thing, but I think I'm gonna install a switch just for safety reasons.
Here's my wood board that has all the wiring on it, I call it the mother brain, http://www.geocities.com/cthulhuluke/wiringfn.gif  well that's just a layout, move the top terminal strips to the bottom and you got it.  I'll have pictures up soon enough, once I get some film -___-  
I'm not 100% sure if this will work with a gameport controller, like I know you'd still have to the do the every input has a ground on the Gravis pad, common sense, but it should work if you did the same thing I did with the I-pac with lets say 2 sidewinder gameports.  I don't see why not as long as none of the non-turned on controller boards draw enough power to have the others notice.  (Note: dreamcast controllers DO draw power from the ground I think, and this results in only being able to use one ground at a time.)
  -Good Luck
     -CthulhuLuke

Starscream

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 05, 2002, 03:25:21 pm
  • "Conquest is made of the ashes of one's enemies."
    • aronmurray.cjb.net
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2002, 01:56:55 pm »
I know this isn't psx but I have always wondered if a usb I-Pac plugged into one of the ps2s usb ports would work?

Although the ps2 will probably just think its a usb keyboard ???.

Anyone know for certain? Don't some stearing wheels plug into the usb port?
Starscream

SNAAAKE

• -Banned-
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 21, 2004, 03:44:18 am
  • Banned for abusive postings.
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2002, 02:36:40 pm »
I dont know about I-pac but I know the facts that most of the things that runs under windows driver wont work with ps2 usb ports.

Ps2 uses different drivers.I tried some USB wheels and didn't register in my ps2...who knows :-\

SirPoonga

• Puck'em Up
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 12, 2023, 09:22:35 pm
  • The Bears Still Suck!
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2002, 03:53:56 pm »
Actually, the PS2 does use normal USB.  But to save space they used a propietary driver-ish.  It's still USB, but it needs a playstaion certified controller.  That's putting it simple, it takes a bit to explain.  Basically, you know when you first plug a USB devise into your PC, it is detected and the computer "knows" what the hardware (like Logitech Gamepad).  That label comes fromt he USB device.

Anyway, guess what, you can plug any logitech wheel and it will most likely work in the ps2.  Hehe, you may know the official ps2 wheel is a logitech too.