Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Adding T-Molding  (Read 2314 times)

Jim

• Trade Count: (0)
Adding T-Molding
« on: May 18, 2002, 02:15:23 am »
Hi
My cabinet has been done for sometime, now I need to tweak it. I never put on T-Moulding. Is it hard to put on? how would u recommend doing it? where would i buy it?

thanks Jim
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by 1026619200 »

Steve Graffeo

Re: Adding T-Molding
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2002, 03:57:05 am »
I Went to t-molding.com, they have all the molding and the proper router bit for it..

easy to install with the right tools

SteveJ34

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 06, 2024, 12:29:40 am
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2002, 08:23:10 am »
Hi
My cabinet has been done for sometime, now I need to tweak it. I never put on T-Moulding. Is it hard to put on? how would u recommend doing it? where would i buy it?

thanks Jim

Most will recommend a router with slotting bit. I didn't have access to a router so I used a dremel tool and a carbide cutting wheel (I saw this recommended on someone else's page). I found my dremel tool indispensable during several phases of construction for lots of touch up jobs here and there (sanding edge of formica top mounted on CP, cutting and shapping keylock clasp for front and rear doors when it was too long, etc).

I acquired my t-moulding from Happs.

My cab is built out of 5/8" MDF and I will say that using either tool to cut this slot will generate ALOT of sawdust so you may wish to gut your cab and move it outside for the job. I cut the slots in mine in the early stages before much construction and/or painting.

Practice on some scrap first and when you "go live", go slow.

Hope this helps.

Steve

D

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2002, 02:50:58 pm »
I cheated.  Local hardware store sells a product that looks like t-molding but doesn't have the T.  It is the same stuff that is on all of the edges of the pressboard desks here at work.  

I found it in the same isle as the vinyl molding.  It only comes in an off-white color but is paintable.  It glues on, no routing needed.  Also, they only had one size, but it was the right size (width) for me.

ay hey

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2002, 04:12:44 pm »
yo :o

me too i cheated...i bought something called "BATTEN STRIPES" from ACE hardware...works...all you gotta do is tack it with black very thin tacks...the whole cabinet look only $6..wow....go to ACE if you want...good luck ;D