Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: advmenu with radeon 9200  (Read 657 times)

wpcmame

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 18, 2024, 01:27:00 pm
advmenu with radeon 9200
« on: December 03, 2004, 04:19:22 am »
Installed a radeon 9200SE in my cab yesterday but didn't have time to experiment with advv etc.

I just tried to start advmenu but the display came up splitted vertically. i.e.  showing the top half of the image twice, one in the top half of the monitor and one in the bottom half.

Since I use interlace (768x576i) it could also be that it is the odd lines that displayed in the top half and the even lines in the bottom half.

Anyone else who has seen the same behaviour?

seibu

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 28, 2007, 12:55:34 pm
Re: advmenu with radeon 9200
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2004, 11:00:38 am »
Since I use interlace (768x576i) it could also be that it is the odd lines that displayed in the top half and the even lines in the bottom half.

Yep, that's exactly what it is. Unfortunately the ati drivers don't support interlace for the newer Radeon cards - I get this behaviour using both the framebuffer and SVGALIB drivers.

Annoyingly, interlace modes work perfectly in X. What I do is play everything that's standard resolution in AdvanceMAME, and interlace and vector games in XMAME (DGA mode). What would be ideal would be if one day the ati drivers were fixed to support interlace using the framebuffer.

Actually, does anyone know if this is ever going to happen? Since X supports interlace on my Radeon, surely it must be possible for AdvanceMAME using framebuffer to do the same?