Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Video in 3darcade?  (Read 1314 times)

1UP

• Token Junkie
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 11, 2014, 01:37:18 am
  • Yes, that is a joystick in my pocket.
    • 1UPArcade
Video in 3darcade?
« on: September 29, 2002, 05:26:04 am »
I've had problems with jerky playback of realmedia screens in the FE using RealOne player.  I uninstalled RealOne and got RealPlayer 8 as recommended, but the playback is the same, and isn't anywhere near as smooth as when I play the same clips in Windows.  And this is on a 1.4 Ghz Athlon XP with a Geforce2 MX with 64 Mb VRAM, 512Mb system DDR RAM, not exactly an underpowered system.  Am I missing something, or is the playback supposed to be a little jerky?

Free resource for building your own rotating control panels!

My other job...

)p(

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 27, 2009, 03:38:15 am
  • We are the Galaxians...
    • Emulaxian:cabinet and frontend
Re:Video in 3darcade?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2002, 06:47:25 am »
I've had problems with jerky playback of realmedia screens in the FE using RealOne player.  I uninstalled RealOne and got RealPlayer 8 as recommended, but the playback is the same, and isn't anywhere near as smooth as when I play the same clips in Windows.  And this is on a 1.4 Ghz Athlon XP with a Geforce2 MX with 64 Mb VRAM, 512Mb system DDR RAM, not exactly an underpowered system.  Am I missing something, or is the playback supposed to be a little jerky?

They are not as smooth as in windows. Especially not on the cabs...on the moviescreen in fpsdemo2 it should be a bit better. This is a real problem with the current way director handles it. We are hoping the next version of Director will fix it or even better let us use mpeg.
And on a system like yours the sound should not brake up though...I have heard reports that with real one it plays like 1 fps or so...that is not ok it should be more like 10fps...

update: form fooling around with the plugin I think I found a way to make it a bit better..how much we'll have to see... :-)

Peter
« Last Edit: September 29, 2002, 07:50:23 am by )p( »