Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Shipping price to Australia?  (Read 3687 times)

Layer01

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 28, 2005, 03:42:40 pm
  • no ghost, just a shell
Shipping price to Australia?
« on: November 28, 2004, 07:32:45 pm »
Hi i REALLY want to buy the Project arcade book (autographed and all) but  i live in australia and my last two emails as to what the shipping cost would be have gone unanswered, now i now people are busy and all but has anyone in australia got one and could maybe tell me what shipping price to include..or better still i could get an acctual price from the man himself lol ;)

saint

• turned to the Dark Side
  • Supreme Chancellor
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 17, 2024, 07:49:54 am
  • I only work in cyberspace...
    • Build Your Own Arcade Controls
Re: Shipping price to Australia?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2004, 08:42:52 pm »
Embrarrasingly I lost the note I took with the price when I was at the post office, and have to go back again. However, it was somewhere in the range of $16 shipping to get there in a reasonable amount of time (1 week or so).

We can go with $16 shipping if you want, or I can revisit the post office and get you exact details (assuming I don't lose my note this time!)

--- saint
--- John St.Clair
     Build Your Own Arcade Controls FAQ
     http://www.arcadecontrols.com/
     Project Arcade 2!
     http://www.projectarcade2.com/
     saint@arcadecontrols.com

Bones

• [Moderator]
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 26, 2021, 11:34:03 pm
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2004, 09:21:38 pm »
I purchased mine from Dymocks online. They had it ex stock and I had it in my hands in less than a week. Delivery was the price of a couple of beers.

Seem to have misplaced my CD though.... :(

Living the delusional lifestyle.

LordDamo

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 10, 2008, 04:26:05 am
  • Damn it Jim, im a doctor not a machine . . .
    • The Kinddom of Damo
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2004, 04:46:53 am »
WOW! Dymocks huh? I might have to go in and see if I can order it in the store. Providing Saint makes some cash off the sale that is. Can someone please post or PM me the ISBN so I can look it up? Saint, let me know if I buy it here in Austalia, that your conna get SOME money out of the sale. Just want to do something to help support this forum, cheers.
Religious war is like two kids fighting over who has the stronger imaginary friend . . .

Bones

• [Moderator]
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 26, 2021, 11:34:03 pm
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2004, 02:57:59 am »
I just checked dymocks.com.au and the ISBN number is 0764556169. It states, "availability to be confirmed". It seems a strange time of year to be out of stock suggesting they are having supply problems or a puchasing officer didn't do his job. (I am feeling lucky that I ordered it when I did.)

Good call buying direct from saint.

Living the delusional lifestyle.

LordDamo

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 10, 2008, 04:26:05 am
  • Damn it Jim, im a doctor not a machine . . .
    • The Kinddom of Damo
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2004, 03:42:50 am »
Thanks for that, I might report this post to saint and see if he'll get a few bucks outta this. It all helps to kep these boards open, no matter how small. Cheers
Religious war is like two kids fighting over who has the stronger imaginary friend . . .

Layer01

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 28, 2005, 03:42:40 pm
  • no ghost, just a shell
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2004, 03:19:27 am »
Embrarrasingly I lost the note I took with the price when I was at the post office, and have to go back again. However, it was somewhere in the range of $16 shipping to get there in a reasonable amount of time (1 week or so).

We can go with $16 shipping if you want, or I can revisit the post office and get you exact details (assuming I don't lose my note this time!)

--- saint

ok i'll go with $16, but when i go to pay, the ammount to pay has been locked in...soooo do i just have to make a payment from within paypal to the email adress siredgar@mindspring.com ??? and if so will he/she/it get notified (see i've never done it that way through paypal...

atari2600chick

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 08, 2011, 07:12:19 am
    • GamesVille
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2004, 12:26:23 am »
I bought my copy of project arcade from Borders Books in Sydney. I just looked up my receit, it cost AU$56 including express post. I rang them up paid over the phone by credit card and got the book in the mail the next day. I bought it in July this year, IU don't know if they have any more in stock.

Its a great book. I have just finished building my cab using it.