Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: does doscab have...  (Read 4039 times)

simian

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 08, 2005, 01:57:46 am
  • I'm a llama!
does doscab have...
« on: November 25, 2004, 08:03:02 pm »
1. support for tv out cards?
2.volume control keys?
3.option for coin adjustments e.g. 2 coins 1 credit,5 coins 12 credits etc.
4. clear selection key?
5.I hope chris will put lyric support in the future like a keypress gives you a "dos" type of fullscreen look at the lyrics tagged in the mp3 file--ah well just wishin..

Chris

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 21, 2019, 04:59:49 pm
    • Chris's MAME Cabinet
Re: does doscab have...
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2004, 10:35:51 pm »
1. support for tv out cards?
Not specifically, but if your DOS video driver works with other software, DOSCab v3.0 beta should work fine.  You'll probably have to run it in a lower resolution to get it to work.  Version 2.41 will probably not work.
2.volume control keys?
Not yet; they'll be in 3.0 beta 5.
3.option for coin adjustments e.g. 2 coins 1 credit,5 coins 12 credits etc.
You can select x number of credits per coin individually for up to 4 coin slots, and each coin slot can have any number of keys mapped to it.  There is no way to require more than 1 coin for a particular number of credits.
4. clear selection key?
Yes.
5.I hope chris will put lyric support in the future like a keypress gives you a "dos" type of fullscreen look at the lyrics tagged in the mp3 file--ah well just wishin..
I've looked at it.  The lyrics are available to me through ID3v2, but I haven't thought of a graceful way to do it.  I've also been looking at supporting MIDI files with lyrics as kareoke files. This item is a lower priority; my first priority is fixing the random crash bug and finishing the CD support.  The next priority after that is some sort of filtering and more sorting options to deal with large collections and changing skins on the fly (so you could either flip the display on a cocktail, or flip back and forth between CD and singles mode).

Right now I can't do anything until I rebuild my machine after the hard drive crash.  I did make a tape backup of the source on Oct. 8, and I believe I backed up the changes since then to my flash drive, so the only changes lost in the crash were the latest attempts to fix the touchscreen problems, and I think I can recreate those without too much trouble.  But I'm probably a wek away from having a working development environment again.

--Chris
--Chris
DOSCab/WinCab Jukebox: http://www.dwjukebox.com

simian

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 08, 2005, 01:57:46 am
  • I'm a llama!
Re: does doscab have...
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2004, 05:21:43 am »
what key do I press for clear  current song list selection?