Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Any pics of CP's with Oscar restrictors or 2ways?  (Read 2154 times)

Carsten Carlos

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 28, 2014, 05:06:25 am
  • Projects: Centipede extended, Asteroids
    • Carlos' Centipede-extended
Any pics of CP's with Oscar restrictors or 2ways?
« on: May 19, 2002, 03:29:02 pm »
I got stuck a bit in deciding what joysticks to use.
I wanted to go with switchable 4-/8-way, but for authentic feeling I would also like to have the possibility of 2-way.
Wico sells one that is 4-8-2 way switchable, but I can't see if the 2-way position is that easy to get, and they don't seem to like to sell to private persons. Anyone knows about them? http://www.suzo.com/suzo/product.asp?nP=4591

Currently I have two used 4-/8-way switchable joysticks that work, but they just don't "feel" that much 4-way.
I guess the best feel would be the oscar restrictors -quite expensive if you need two, but they look really good -technical speaking, and seem to be easy switchable with the two pins.

Well, what my real problem is, did anyone managed it to get a nice design on his controlpanel without getting disturbed by the mounting plates and restrictors?
I just can't see the point how to make it look nice on a wooden panel with artwork and lexan above it. 'Cause of the lexan I even can't hide the mounting plate.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by 1026619200 »

gnat3y3

Re: Any pics of CP's with Oscar restrictors or 2wa
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2002, 05:23:44 pm »
i just got mine this week so as soon as i get them on, i'll post a pic, im not gonna use the mounting plate, he has a few pics up on the oscar site with the restrictors in use and one with them mounted plateless.

Carsten Carlos

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 28, 2014, 05:06:25 am
  • Projects: Centipede extended, Asteroids
    • Carlos' Centipede-extended
Re: Any pics of CP's with Oscar restrictors or 2wa
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2002, 03:16:30 pm »
Oki, I'll look ahead for your pictures! :)