Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Question about building instruction (back and top panels)  (Read 3461 times)

megashock5

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 19, 2015, 06:51:16 am
Question about building instruction (back and top panels)
« on: November 24, 2004, 01:21:50 pm »
I just attached the back bottom panel. I thought it was supposed to sit 3/4" in from the sides - not flush with the sides- so that's how I installed it. It looks that way from the pictures in the book.

It mentions using 3/4" line from the outside as a guide for these pieces, but the top panel looks like it's flush with top of the cabinet in the picture.

So is the top piece flush with the outside and the bottom back not, neither flush, both?

thanks for the help!

RTSDaddy2

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 03, 2014, 08:28:03 pm
  • Bees! Oh bother!
Re: Question about building instruction (back and top panels)
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2005, 03:28:16 pm »
I'm a newbie to this too, but having been where you are, my two cents on this... :)

I encountered the same problem there.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2005, 03:30:04 pm by RTSDaddy2 »

Scanner

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 10, 2006, 07:57:44 pm
  • You Know!
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2005, 01:00:00 am »
You did the bottom back correct.  Follow the pattern for the rest of the back and top sections and you will be OK.  All of those pieces should be recessed 3/4".  I had a little trouble with the back angled section being cut exact, so I started by installing the cab top, then angled back section and then the cab top back.  It came out well in the end.

RTSDaddy2

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 03, 2014, 08:28:03 pm
  • Bees! Oh bother!
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2005, 05:03:31 pm »
I'm a bit of a doofus somedays Megashock....I think I may have misread your question - but yes, following the instructions the pieces are designed to be recessed 3/4".

Sorry 'bout that if I confused you...or spoke out of turn, etc.

RTSDaddy2