Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: DOSCab + pure DOS + SB Live  (Read 20563 times)

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 25, 2021, 12:39:48 am
  • I'm a llama
DOSCab + pure DOS + SB Live
« on: November 22, 2004, 04:36:54 am »
DOSCab looks great to me,but so far I only have experience of WinCab, read on for the reasons.

I have a Win98SE machine that I run in 'pure' DOS (v7.1) mode, and use with AdvanceMenu + AdvanceMame and an arcade cabinet with a 'standard resolution' (15.72kHz) monitor. It is a Celeron system with a SoundBlaster Live PCI soundcard. Sound works perfectly in AdvanceMAME and AdvanceMenu. I use the SBLive.zip DOS drivers from this page: http://easymamecab.mameworld.net/html/snddosdr.htm.

I am using DOSCab/WinCab Jukebox 3.0 Beta 4 from Chris' web site. WinCab works fine (in Win98SE of course), but when I start up DOSCab (in pure DOS then) it indexes, and loads up the first song OK and then it just keeps silent and stays at '0:00' played time forever. It still responds to keypresses to queue more songs though.

Posts in this forum indicate that this is likely a soundcard driver issue, but please note that the sound is working without any problems in the Advance* programs in the same pure DOS environment.

Is there anyone who has managed to set up DOSCab in a pure DOS environment with a SoundBlaster Live card? Do you have any tips on what drivers to use? Is there some way to make DOSCab use another sound driver that could work better?

The Advance* programs are able to use SEAL (MAME modified version), Allegro and vsyncmame sound drivers. http://advancemame.sourceforge.net/doc-advdev.html#2 http://advancemame.sourceforge.net/doc-advdev.html#5 http://www.talula.demon.co.uk/allegro/ http://vsynchmame.mameworld.net/
If it helps I could see which driver Advance* is actually using, and post SBESET configuration information and environment parameter settings etc.

Chris

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 21, 2019, 04:59:49 pm
    • Chris's MAME Cabinet
Re: DOSCab + pure DOS + SB Live
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2004, 09:48:04 am »
Is there anyone who has managed to set up DOSCab in a pure DOS environment with a SoundBlaster Live card? Do you have any tips on what drivers to use? Is there some way to make DOSCab use another sound driver that could work better?

Is it possible that the sound card settings do not match the SET BLASTER line?  TRy REM'ing out the SET BLASTER line in your AUTOEXEC.BAT and let the jukebox try to autodetect the settings...

--Chris
--Chris
DOSCab/WinCab Jukebox: http://www.dwjukebox.com

RacerX

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 17, 2022, 12:06:34 pm
  • Longtime member, sometime poster.
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2004, 03:32:11 pm »
I'm running almost the exact same setup, but with a different sound card.  I had the same problem with mine, and here is what I found.

First some background.  I set up my machine to boot to pure DOS.  I changed my autoexec.bat file to load up my sound drivers, set the volume on the sound card, then run DOSCab.  Everything worked great.  Then I went into Windows to move some files around.  Well, when I rebooted, all of a sudden, DOSCab was acting exactly as you describe.  When I looked at my autoexec.bat file, Windows had changed it.   >:(  It had put the sound driver commands at the *end* of the file.  So DOSCab was running before the drivers were loading.  I fixed the autoexec.bat file and changed its properties to Read Only.  I haven't had the problem since.   ;D

This probably isn't exactly your issue, but someone else might stumble onto it like I did, so I thought I would post it.

• Offline Offline
  • I'm a llama
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2004, 05:14:58 pm »
No, the problem is not the BLASTER variable. *tested*
No, the problem is not the loading order. *tested*

I actually fear that it is not possible to use SB Live with Allegro under pure DOS.  :'(

More information for those interested...

The relevant parts of autoexec.bat:
Code: [Select]
SET BLASTER=A220 I5 D1 H5 P330
SET CTSYN=C:\DOSDRV
C:\DOSDRV\SBEINIT.COM

C:\DOSDRV\CTSYN.INI:
[ctsyn.drv]
OPLPort=388
MPUPort=330
SBPort=220
SBIRQ=5
SBDMALO=1
SBDMAHI=5
SBEnable=true
JOYEnable=true
Waveset=C:\DOSDRV\default.ecw
PCIPort=0
PCIIRQ=0
JOYPort=200

[SBEINIT]
CONFIG=SBESET.CFG

[SBESET.CFG]
SBPORT=220
MPUPORT=330
SBIRQ=5
SBDMALO=1
SBDMAHI=5
OPLPORT=388
SBENABLE=TRUE
JOYPORT=200
JOYENABLE=TRUE
WAVESET=C:\DOSDRV\DEFAULT.ECW
PCIPORT=0
PCIIRQ=0

Log from AdvanceMAME's ADVS tool (sound working fine, seems to be using SEAL library):
mixer: mixer_init(rate:44100, nchannel:1, ndivider:1, buffer:0.2, latency:0.1)
sound:seal: soundb_seal_init(id:65535, rate:44100, stereo:1, buffer_time:0.1)
sound:seal: ping 1
sound:seal: soundcard 1:Sound Blaster 16 at 16-bit stereo 44100 Hz
sound: select driver seal
sound:seal: soundb_seal_start(silecen_time:0.1)
sound:seal: soundb_seal_start current 24, buffered 4386
sound:seal: soundb_seal_volume(volume:1)
mixer: skip ID3 header 2308
s: shutdown
mixer: mixer_done()
sound:seal: soundb_seal_stop()
sound:seal: soundb_seal_done()
s: the end

The last lines of JBDEBUG.LOG with log setting of 5 (no sound, stuck at 0:00 of first song, exiting was my doing with Esc):
MAIN: About to set titlestrips...
MAIN: Starting GUI...
Trying to load c:/ocremix\SONIC~41.MP3...
LOADER: Loaded 5019568 bytes for file
Starting song Sonic & Knuckles Deep Damp Sandcastle OC ReMix, type 1
DOSCab Jukebox 3.0b4 Exited

Chris

• Offline Offline
    • Chris's MAME Cabinet
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2004, 05:26:19 pm »
I'l like to write a test progam for you, but my machine is still suffering from a dead hard drive.  However, since the jukebox uses Allegro for sound, we can use the Allegro setup program to try to figure this out. You can get it from http://webpages.charter.net/celamantia/jukebox/setup.zip.  UnZip it to your jukebox folder and run setupdos.exe.  Go to the Sound section and run the test; it'll probably fail.  From here, you can try tinkering with different drivers and settings to see if you can find a better match.  If you get a working version, save it and you will have an allegro.cfg file in that directory.  Copy the [Sound] section to jukebox.ini and see if that helps.

SBLive is one of those tricky cards because it is not actually soundblaster compatible; it uses a compatibility driver to look like a sound card.

Hey... does your motherboard have a built-in sound chip?  If it does, look in the BIOS for a way to turn off its soundbalster compatibility mode... the jukebox could be detecting it instead of the compatibility driver...

I'll try to be more useful once I have a working computer again...

--Chris
--Chris

• Offline Offline
  • I'm a llama
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2004, 02:30:05 pm »
Thanks for helping chris, it is really appreciated!

Though I'm sad to inform you that tinkering in the allegro setup program got me nowhere. Except perhaps to verify that Allegro's autodetect detects my card as a SB16 - which seems to be right so far. Nothing I tried (different drivers, different irq/memory/etc settings) could get any sound out of it... :/

My motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-8IE533 with Realtek 650 onboard AC97 sound. I've always had this disabled in the BIOS, to avoid conflicts with my SB Live card.

I'm trying to locate a SB16 PCI card, but it would be nice for all the SB Live DOS users out there if we found some way to solve this, since it's so much easier to find PCI SB Live cards than PCI SB16 cards.

I have a SB16 ISA card, but that doesn't help a lot without any ISA slots, obviously... :/

garyh

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 26, 2011, 02:30:17 am
  • If God rides a Harley then the devil rides an LC.
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2004, 03:42:51 pm »
Not that this helps, but I spent ages trying to get a SB PCI card working with DOSCab, in the end I admitted defeat and bought an ISA version that worked immediately. Not a viable solution if you don't have an ISA slot though.

Chris

• Offline Offline
    • Chris's MAME Cabinet
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2004, 04:33:28 pm »
Unfortunately, the official word in the FAQ of the Allegro library is:

Does DOS Allegro work with the SB-Live soundcard?

It does for some people, but not for others. The problem is that Creative Labs refuse to release any specs, so we don't know how to write a driver for it. Complain to them, or buy a different card from a more reasonable manufacturer.

Doesn't sound promising... :(
--Chris

• Offline Offline
  • I'm a llama
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2004, 06:02:31 pm »
True, not very promising. :(
But Advance*/SEAL seems to get it working so there must be some way as I see it.
And there are linux drivers for it, AFAIK, so pretty much must be known about how it works.

• Offline Offline
  • I'm a llama
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2004, 06:23:12 pm »
Some more info links I googled up, just for information to anyone curious about this issue:
http://www.euronet.nl/~mailme/ "Creative released some of the information needed to build open source drivers on November 1st under the GPL."
http://opensource.creative.com/soundcard.html Creative's information about open source linux sb (live) driver projects
http://sourceforge.net/projects/emu10k1 Emu10K1 sourceforge page with CVS and more
http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/doc-php/template.php?company=Creative+Labs&card=Sound+Blaster+Live+Value.&chip=emu10k1&module=emu10k1 Some more info about the Emu10K1 driver from the ALSA project

I guess it could've been that Allegro developers were so p***ed off at Creative's handling of this for such a long time that when they (Creative) finally started releasing information noone bothered to work on it anymore...

johnman001

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 01, 2004, 11:03:47 pm
  • Do you wnt to play a game?
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2004, 12:00:32 am »
Try plugging a PS/2 mouse into  the PS/2 mouse port.

This issue was driving me NUTS with DOSCab......

Just my $0.02

• Offline Offline
  • I'm a llama
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2004, 01:32:04 am »
Thanks for the advice, but I already tried that after reading your post in another thread on this forum. :/

minnegopher

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 28, 2018, 07:46:20 pm
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2004, 03:16:00 am »
I am having the same problem that you are experiencing, 2012, but I am using a SB16 (PCI) card.  The GUI loads and goes through that motions to load a song, but it just stays stuck on "0:00".  I thought that this card was supposed to be the answer to our compatibility problems!

Anyway, I'm running DOS, and I get sound from Advmame, Advmenu, and ArcadeOS.  But, I do not get any sound from DosCab (or DAMP, for that matter).

I have tried a multitude of SET BLASTER settings, changing the "T" setting from 1-6, or removing the  SET BLASTER all together, and still no luck.  After I SET BLASTER, I also set the SBPCI variable and then load SBINIT from autoexec.bat.   Additionally, I have turned off the on-board audio, via the BIOS.

Is there anything else that I should try?

One more thing that may prove of interest to Chris... I'm running the newest Beta5... and if I omit the "H330" from my SET BLASTER, the DosCab GUI goes crazy once upon load.  To be more concise, buttons receive "phantom" keypresses and the song pages start flipping like mad.  This is all without me touching my keyboard or mouse.  I went into the .ini file and disabled the mouse, but to no avail.  This behavior goes away if I include the "H330" in the autoexec.  STRANGE, huh?  One more thing:  have you ever seen a problem where the blue dot-matrix fonts sometimes do not display?  (I'm running on a 15kHz arcade monitor, with Advcab's VBE.EXE running to display DosCab at 640x480. )  Sometimes when I run DosCab, they show up, and other times they do not.  I'd say that it's close to 50/50, as to whether I see the fonts, or not.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Chris

• Offline Offline
    • Chris's MAME Cabinet
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2004, 03:13:21 pm »
Well, much as I'm sure you don't want to hear this, the SB16 PCI is not a "real" SoundBlaster either; it also emulates a SoundBlaster, just as the Live does.

However, I just read that bothe the SB16PCI and the SBLive use VCPI in the emulation process.  Do you have EMM386 loaded?  EMM386 is a VCPI provider, so if you are not loading EMM386 in the CONFIG.SYS, try adding it after the DEVICE=HIMEM.SYS:

DEVICE=EMM386.EXE

If you are loading it, make sure you are not using the NOVCPI parameter.

Does this help?

--Chris
--Chris

minnegopher

• Offline Offline
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2004, 12:18:00 am »
Thanks, Chris.   I had EMM386.exe loaded in my config.sys, but with both NOEMS and NOVCPI flags set.  So, I eliminated them, and tried combinations in between, but with no luck.  I still get sound in Advmame, but not in DOSCab.

Do you have any other ideas?  I'm kinda stuck with the SB16 PCI, at the moment, as I don't have any ISA slots on my P4 MB.  Thanks.

Chris

• Offline Offline
    • Chris's MAME Cabinet
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2004, 05:54:26 pm »
Did the symptoms change at ll, like you still get no sound but the timer counts when you start a song, or does the timer still sit at 0?

If you download the setup program at http://webpages.charter.net/celamantia/jukebox/setup.zip, do you get any sound in the sound test?

--Chris
--Chris

minnegopher

• Offline Offline
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2004, 12:02:19 am »
Thanks for the help, Chris.

I tried the Allegro setup program.  It autodetects the card correctly, as a SB16 and Adlib (dual OPL2) for the midi hardware.  During the test, the Center/Left/Right do not produce any sound, nor any error/warning.  The Midi, on the other hand, does produce sound.  The caveat being that when the tune is over the program hangs and does not respond to soft reboot, break, etc.  I tried multiple settings amongst the manual driver settings mode, including turning off the Midi driver, but I still could not get the SB16 audio to work.

Any other ideas?

Chris

• Offline Offline
    • Chris's MAME Cabinet
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2004, 08:30:27 am »
Can you REM out your SET BLASTER line, delete any ALLEGRO.CFG that got created in the last test, and try the setup program again?

The SB16 PCI is a Plug and Play card; DOS is not plug and play.  Are you loading the Creative Labs PNP Configuration Manager driver?  Setting the BIOS for a non-PNP OS might help as well.  Also, if your motherboard has any built-in sound chip, make sure it's disabled.

Thanks!

--Chris
--Chris

minnegopher

• Offline Offline
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2004, 12:49:57 am »
Tried REMing out the Blaster env var.  No luck.  Neither Allegro, nor AdvMame, nor sbinit.exe could produce any sound, then.

My BIOS does not have many settings for PCI/PNP (it's a Shuttle AV49PN mobo).  There were 3 options: enable DMA (enabled), allocate IRQ to PCI VGA (no), and primary graphics adapter (PCI).

There is no setting (that I could locate) for declaring a PNP-aware OS.  I could only find a setting to declare a ACPI-aware OS (power management).

All onboard features are turned off (USB, parallel, sound, etc.) except for LAN.

I also DL'd the Creative CTCM utility and installed it.  It runs but does not report that it finds my card.  Is this utility designed for ISA cards, or PCI?

Here is what my autoexec.bat looks like when Advmame plays sound and the Allegro setup util recognizes my SB16 (doesn't play the wave, but does play the midi):
SET BLASTER=A220 I5 D1 T5
c:\dosdrv\sbload.exe
c:\dosdrv\sbinit.exe

In my config.sys, I can run either c:\dos\EMM386.EXE NOEMS NOVCPI or c:\dos\EMM386.EXE, and I get the same result.

Frustrated.

minnegopher

• Offline Offline
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2005, 08:31:00 am »
Chris- Any more ideas?  I believe it is definately a problem with how Allegro accesses the SB16 PCI hardware.  I'm having no problems with other gaming emus and FEs, such as Advmame/Menu, Z26, Colem, and ArcadeOS.  As I've mentioned before, I've tried a multitude of DMAs, IRQs, etc., only to have the Allegro setup program recognize the SB16, but never to play audio.

Since I'm using DOS exclusively, mostly because I want that dedicated arcade look and feel, and to speed boot times, I would like to try to figure this out.  I really like DosCab, which had worked so well for me when I was using a P3 mobo that had an ISA soundblaster.  Now with my P4, non-ISA motherboard, I have hit a road block.

Are there any other things that I can try to debug this?  I guess if we eventually declare defeat, are there any recommended sound cards (PCI) which may provide better luck for me?

Thanks, again, for your help.

Chris

• Offline Offline
    • Chris's MAME Cabinet
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2005, 08:45:24 am »
--Chris

Chris

• Offline Offline
    • Chris's MAME Cabinet
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2005, 09:39:44 am »
Oh... do you have an SBPCI.INI?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2005, 09:41:26 am by Chris »
--Chris

minnegopher

• Offline Offline
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2005, 07:10:33 pm »
Here are my sbpci.ini, autoexec.bat, and config.sys files... I hope that something jumps out at you as an anomoly, or they lead us to try something new.

[SBPCI.INI]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[SBPCI]
; PCI Hardware Configuration
PCIPort=d400
PCIIRQ=10
; Ports - MPU-401 and Sound Blaster Device
Port=330
SBPort=220
; IRQs - MIDI and Sound Blaster emulation
IRQ=5
SBIRQ=5
; DMA Channels for Sound Blaster emulation
DMA=1
DMA16=6
; Switches - Self-Config, Sound Blaster emulation enable,
SelfConfig=false
SBEnable=true
JSEnable=false
KBEnable=false
; Mixer Settings - Wave, Synth, and CD volumes
MasterVol=115
WaveVol=127
SynthVol=127
CDVol=100
; Digital Settings
SPDIFMode=0
; Waveset - path and file name of current waveset
SynthFile=C:\DOSDRV\eapci2m.ecw
SPDIFRec=false

[AUTOEXEC.BAT]
c:\advcab\video /d
path=C:\NETWORK;c:\DOS;C:\ADVCAB;C:\ARCADEOS;C:\MAME;C:\MAME\ADVMENU;C:\DOSCAB
c:\utils\doslfn\doslfn
c:\utils\fastvid\fastvid 011 4 dc000000
LOADHIGH MSCDEX /D:MSCD001 /M:8 /L:D
LOADHIGH=CTMOUSE.EXE

rem *** SOUND BLASTER 16 PCI ***
SET SBPCI=C:\DOSDRV
SET BLASTER=A220 I5 D1 H6 P330 T6
LOADHIGH=C:\DOSDRV\SBINIT

rem *** VIDEO ***
LOADHIGH=c:\advcab\vbe.com /l /c c:\advcab\vbe.rc
LOADHIGH=c:\advcab\vga.exe /l /c c:\advcab\vga.rc
cls
c:\advcab\video /e
cls

c:\DOS\SMARTDRV 16384

[CONFIG.SYS]
DEVICE=C:\DOS\SETVER.EXE
DEVICE=C:\DOS\HIMEM.SYS
DEVICE=C:\DOS\EMM386.EXE NOEMS NOVCPI
rem *** try next line to see if allegro driver works (it didn't) ***
rem DEVICE=C:\DOS\EMM386.EXE NOEMS 
DOS=HIGH,UMB
files=40
buffers=40
DEVICEHIGH=C:\DOS\OAKCDROM.SYS /D:MSCD001

RetroJames

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 10, 2021, 05:26:38 pm
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2005, 10:51:49 pm »
Check this out, these are my notes from the hell that is SB PCI + Pure DOS -

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?board=1%3baction=display%3bthreadid=22302

Also, run the utility called SBCFG.EXE and post the output, I may be able to help based on that.

Chris

• Offline Offline
    • Chris's MAME Cabinet
--Chris

Chris

• Offline Offline
    • Chris's MAME Cabinet
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2005, 02:29:47 am »
Here are my sbpci.ini, autoexec.bat, and config.sys files... I hope that something jumps out at you as an anomoly, or they lead us to try something new.
This all looks pretty good... is it possible that something else is using IRQ 5?

Also, it seems like there should be an SBSET in there somewhere...
--Chris

minnegopher

• Offline Offline
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2005, 02:56:12 am »
Thanks for all of the input and recommendations.  After far too much struggling with the SB PCI16, I went with your advice, Chris, and picked up the ALS4000 card at CompUSA ($20).

I didn't have much luck with the DOS drivers that came on the CD, but I found a site that had some alternate drivers that supposedly had been working for someone with Mame:

http://vsynchmame.mameworld.net/als4kdos/

Well, it worked!!!  I am now getting audio with both DOSCab as well as Advmame.  Finally!

To anyone else that may be having difficulties configuring their SB PCI sound card, I recommend that they check out the cheap CompUSA solution.  I had it up and running in minutes, compared to the multiple hours that I battled with various Creative cards.

Thanks again., I appreciate it!

krick

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 08, 2023, 08:30:27 pm
  • Gotta have blue hair.
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2005, 07:09:51 pm »
My BIOS does not have many settings for PCI/PNP (it's a Shuttle AV49PN mobo).
Hantarex Polo 15KHz
Sapphire Radeon HD 7750 2GB (GCN)
GroovyMAME 0.197.017h_d3d9ex
CRT Emudriver & CRT Tools 2.0 beta 13 (Crimson 16.2.1 for GCN cards)
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Intel Core i7-4790K @ 4.8GHz
ASUS Z87M-PLUS Motherboard

minnegopher

• Offline Offline
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2005, 10:20:04 am »
I've experienced no problems with MB.  But, I'm only running DOS (not using AGP or USB).  It does the job for my MAME and DOSCab machine.  And it was way cheap when I bought it as a combo with a P4 2.5GHz from MicroCenter around Christmas time... I believe that the total came to ~$75 after rebates.

nierce

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 17, 2005, 11:29:19 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2005, 10:34:11 am »
hi,
i had the same problem...i needed LIVE! to play in DOS and not to crash
so, had sb live dos drivers installed i had tried various combinations of
bios settings and so on...
originally the sb live dos driver is installed with irq 11 (or 10)
with this...i started ft2 (or something else) and it has crashed (stopped doing
anything)
i thought that it has something to do with graphic card.
but i was surprised when i had turn off allocate IRQ to PCI VGA in bios
and it works. (btw imo DOScab is not so good. it's stylish but the system
of control is bad. i rather use mpxplay.)
i have graphic card in AGP, sb live!

Chris

• Offline Offline
    • Chris's MAME Cabinet
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2005, 01:07:11 pm »
hi,
i had the same problem...i needed LIVE! to play in DOS and not to crash
so, had sb live dos drivers installed i had tried various combinations of
with this...i started ft2 (or something else) and it has crashed (stopped doing
anything)
i thought that it has something to do with graphic card.
but i was surprised when i had turn off allocate IRQ to PCI VGA in bios
and it works.
Thank you very much for this information... I appreciate it!

(btw imo DOScab is not so good. it's stylish but the system
of control is bad. i rather use mpxplay.)
i have graphic card in AGP, sb live!
DOSCab and Mpxplay are two completely different kind of players.  Mpxplay is a media player and DOSCab is designed to simulate an actual jukebox for integration into a cabinet without a keyboard and often without a mouse.  Thus, the control system leans heavily toward acting like a 1950's era jukebox.  Thank you, though, for giving it a try!

--Chris
--Chris

krick

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 08, 2023, 08:30:27 pm
  • Gotta have blue hair.
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2005, 01:19:58 pm »
had sb live dos drivers installed i had tried various combinations of

Later versions of windows are somewhat forgiving about IRQ sharing.  DOS is not.  Your solution to disable the VGA IRQ is just avoiding the real problem which is an IRQ colflict.  To get it working, you need to map out the IRQ distribution for your motherboard and make sure that the PCI cards are installed in slots that do not share IRQs.

What make/model of motherboard do you have and what add-in cards are in your system?

Hantarex Polo 15KHz
Sapphire Radeon HD 7750 2GB (GCN)
GroovyMAME 0.197.017h_d3d9ex
CRT Emudriver & CRT Tools 2.0 beta 13 (Crimson 16.2.1 for GCN cards)
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Intel Core i7-4790K @ 4.8GHz
ASUS Z87M-PLUS Motherboard