Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Yet Another Jukebox Program  (Read 179142 times)

Qaz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 20, 2006, 01:54:37 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Yet Another Jukebox Program
« Reply #520 on: December 14, 2005, 05:12:50 am »
Hi SK,

I've only been playing with this jukebox program for a week, but loving it.. I have a few thiings to report if you want to know about it. Hopefully, it's not a repeat of something someone else may have noticed.

1) I was playing with the credits.. and everytime you reload with existing credits the credits display as 0 although it's not really 0. The credits seems to be there, but shows up as 0. This is only realized when u add more credits or add a track.

2) Also relating to credits, if you have existing credits and go into options 'o' screen and exit to main screen the existing credits are completely gone.. back to 0 and here it's really 0.

3) I believe someone mentioned in a previous posts that multiple instances of the program were encountered.. well I've had this happen quite a number of times in addition to the program not really or so it seems unable to shutdown with 'q' or 'Ctrl-q'. I'm not quite sure, but i think it shuts down and restarts. It seems happen so quickly that it appears as not having shutdown.

4) Not sure if your jukebox program supports EAX.. I'm using a Creative Audigy sound card and it seems that once EAX is enabled.. and a track is played, upon completion EAX is completely disabled along with any associated settings. I think what's happening here is that the sound device probably gets disabled? Because when I go into Creative's EAX console after it stops working.. everything is blank and sometimes i get a message of no valid device found. The moment I shutdown the jukebox program, everything is back to normal and EAX is re-enabled. If I don't shutdown and play another track, it seems to play visually, but no sound outputs. I've tries a number of other media players and this problem doesn't occur, only with the jukebox program.

5) I think your new screensaver still has a bug in it somewhere? Even though the screensaver setting is set to option 3 (scrolling) it sometimes displays a popup message of can't find .jpg.

Anyways, those a just a few things I've noticed while playing with the jukebox software. Otherwise, great work so far and happy holidays.

Qaz

blue_eyes777

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 17, 2005, 08:45:33 pm
Genre problem
« Reply #521 on: December 14, 2005, 04:59:42 pm »
Hi!
I am trying to set up genres. I do all the right stuff in setting up the directory etc. but this happens.
I have arranged my music into dance music and eighties music and used 2 separate folders.
The program loads up and recognises dance as one genre and all the 80s stuff , despite all eing in one folder called eighties all come up as a separate genre!!! so I have like 200 genres instead of one for 80s!
How do I get round this?
Any ideas?
Thank you.

PileDriver

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 03, 2022, 05:42:31 pm
  • I want to built my own arcade!
« Reply #522 on: December 14, 2005, 06:18:26 pm »
Do you have both folders in the same root folder?
I use the following format.
Music--
           Genre1--
                         Artist---
                                     Album---
                                                   Songs
           Genre2---
                          Artist---
                                        Album---
                                                      Songs
Etc...

I hope this helps

SalmonKing

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 16, 2007, 10:45:44 am
  • SK Jukebox
« Reply #523 on: December 14, 2005, 08:30:26 pm »
Hi SK,

I've only been playing with this jukebox program for a week, but loving it.. I have a few thiings to report if you want to know about it. Hopefully, it's not a repeat of something someone else may have noticed.

1) I was playing with the credits.. and everytime you reload with existing credits the credits display as 0 although it's not really 0. The credits seems to be there, but shows up as 0. This is only realized when u add more credits or add a track.

2) Also relating to credits, if you have existing credits and go into options 'o' screen and exit to main screen the existing credits are completely gone.. back to 0 and here it's really 0.

3) I believe someone mentioned in a previous posts that multiple instances of the program were encountered.. well I've had this happen quite a number of times in addition to the program not really or so it seems unable to shutdown with 'q' or 'Ctrl-q'. I'm not quite sure, but i think it shuts down and restarts. It seems happen so quickly that it appears as not having shutdown.

4) Not sure if your jukebox program supports EAX.. I'm using a Creative Audigy sound card and it seems that once EAX is enabled.. and a track is played, upon completion EAX is completely disabled along with any associated settings. I think what's happening here is that the sound device probably gets disabled? Because when I go into Creative's EAX console after it stops working.. everything is blank and sometimes i get a message of no valid device found. The moment I shutdown the jukebox program, everything is back to normal and EAX is re-enabled. If I don't shutdown and play another track, it seems to play visually, but no sound outputs. I've tries a number of other media players and this problem doesn't occur, only with the jukebox program.

5) I think your new screensaver still has a bug in it somewhere? Even though the screensaver setting is set to option 3 (scrolling) it sometimes displays a popup message of can't find .jpg.

Anyways, those a just a few things I've noticed while playing with the jukebox software. Otherwise, great work so far and happy holidays.

Qaz

1) Hmmm...wasn't aware the credits were saved between sessions.  Will look into it....

2) OK, that should be an easy fix.  Just won't clear the credit count when you come out of there (the program totally re-initializes for the new settings)

3)  That should be fixed in the next version....I hope!  ;)

4)  That would be the fault of the control I use to play the music.  It seems to lock the sound card, as well as any CD drives in some instances.  I will get the latest version & distribute it with the next version.  Hope that will cure some of these problems.

5)  Can you let me know the exact message you are getting there?  AFAIK, there's no message that will display related to loading jpg's

As for having a good xmas....I'll try & same to you  :D

SK.

SalmonKing

• Offline Offline
  • SK Jukebox
Re: Genre problem
« Reply #524 on: December 14, 2005, 08:32:05 pm »
Hi!
I am trying to set up genres. I do all the right stuff in setting up the directory etc. but this happens.
I have arranged my music into dance music and eighties music and used 2 separate folders.
The program loads up and recognises dance as one genre and all the 80s stuff , despite all eing in one folder called eighties all come up as a separate genre!!! so I have like 200 genres instead of one for 80s!
How do I get round this?
Any ideas?
Thank you.

If PileDriver's post does not help, please post a screenshot of your folder tree, with both the Dance & 80s folders visible & expanded.  That might give me a clue.

surf

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 15, 2011, 11:43:38 am
  • I've built my own arcade!
« Reply #525 on: December 15, 2005, 12:46:20 am »
Just a suggestion, when you finally implement the random sorting, would it be possible to have a single key to change from alphabetical to random while the program is running?  Having the selections come up at random is great for a party, but sometimes you want to find a particular artist without completely exiting the program or pulling up another menu....

I don't know if this is a bug or not, or if it will make sense, but...
My controls are set up with left and right to scroll one page, and up and down to scroll to the next letter... when I try to scroll to the next letter (by pushing up), say A-B, it hangs on the first B until I push left to scroll to the next page. It will scroll thru the B's until the next C, then I have to page it (push left) again...Moving backwards (pushing down) works great without stopping...

Finally, any thoughts on updating the screensaver?

Keep up the great work, SK Jukebox rocks!

Surf

http://www.freewebs.com/homepubarcade
(Just a homemade arcade)

SalmonKing

• Offline Offline
  • SK Jukebox
« Reply #526 on: December 15, 2005, 12:53:55 am »
Just a suggestion, when you finally implement the random sorting, would it be possible to have a single key to change from alphabetical to random while the program is running?  Having the selections come up at random is great for a party, but sometimes you want to find a particular artist without completely exiting the program or pulling up another menu....

I don't know if this is a bug or not, or if it will make sense, but...
My controls are set up with left and right to scroll one page, and up and down to scroll to the next letter... when I try to scroll to the next letter (by pushing up), say A-B, it hangs on the first B until I push left to scroll to the next page. It will scroll thru the B's until the next C, then I have to page it (push left) again...Moving backwards (pushing down) works great without stopping...

Finally, any thoughts on updating the screensaver?

Keep up the great work, SK Jukebox rocks!

I'll see what I can do about that sorting change.  The Random sorting IS done, but I'll add a key to switch in between modes.

Might be something grabbing focus, stopping me from being able to detect the keystroke.....

Not really....I'm happy with the way it is.  I can't get the visualizations that show in the main screen into the screensaver, but other than that I haven't thought much about upgrading it (apart from maybe allowing font/image size changes, etc).

SK.

blue_eyes777

• Offline Offline
Sorted!!!
« Reply #527 on: December 15, 2005, 05:57:56 pm »
Yeah!!!

All done!
THanks for the advice.

and Salmon...you have devised the most wonderful program.
I am enjoying my music so much tnaks to you.
The program is amazing and so are you.
I would gladly pay for this software.

THank you thank you thank you!!!
Daniel

SalmonKing

• Offline Offline
  • SK Jukebox
Re: Sorted!!!
« Reply #528 on: December 15, 2005, 07:12:15 pm »
Yeah!!!

All done!
THanks for the advice.

and Salmon...you have devised the most wonderful program.
I am enjoying my music so much tnaks to you.
The program is amazing and so are you.
I would gladly pay for this software.

THank you thank you thank you!!!
Daniel

Excellent, glad you got it sorted.   ;D

Qaz

• Offline Offline
« Reply #529 on: December 16, 2005, 02:31:10 am »
Hi SK,

Qaz

1) Hmmm...wasn't aware the credits were saved between sessions.  Will look into it....

2) OK, that should be an easy fix.  Just won't clear the credit count when you come out of there (the program totally re-initializes for the new settings)

3)  That should be fixed in the next version....I hope!  ;)

4)  That would be the fault of the control I use to play the music.  It seems to lock the sound card, as well as any CD drives in some instances.  I will get the latest version & distribute it with the next version.  Hope that will cure some of these problems.

5)  Can you let me know the exact message you are getting there?  AFAIK, there's no message that will display related to loading jpg's

As for having a good xmas....I'll try & same to you  :D

SK.

Hi SK,

Thanks for your reply..  I have a few corrections to make and I've been doing some additional testing -

1) I said 'reload', but I actually meant 'Refresh' album list (F5).

2) I said go into options screen 'o' and exit out.. but I actually meant go into and upon doing a Save.. the problem is experienced.

4) I've been playing around with the mp3 controls you use in the jukebox software.. doing some homework to help you out. :) I downloaded the demo controls and the EAX problem isn't experienced with their demo app -- even while using the current ocx u have distributed. However, the problem is experienced in your jukebox software despite using the ocx that came with the demo controls.

5) Ignore this. It was a windows problem.

Can I make 1 suggestion regarding the track numbers displayed alongside track titles? Albums with less than 10 tracks have single digit track numbers.. would it make sense to pad it waith a leading 0? It's just that once you get accustomed to typing a leading 0 for all other albums with 10+ tracks you do the same when you come across those that are less than 10 tracks. It's as if you don't even think twice before typing it in. Perhaps it's just me.. And for those using touchscreen, this change wouldn't really affect them. Also, would you consider adding a dash between the track number and the track title? Ex. 01 - Track Title  . It would make the display look so much better and easier to spot track numbers. Seems a but bunched up with the track title. I know space is limited, but hopefully 3 additional chars. will not make a big difference (2 spaces included).

Anyhow, thanks for your previous response and I hope the additional bit of info helps.

Qaz

blue_eyes777

• Offline Offline
Run time error
« Reply #530 on: December 16, 2005, 09:35:53 am »
Hey guys.

Just got this error...have been loading my "Now" albums.

when SK loads the program it comes up with
"run time error (6)
Over flow

Only just happened...any ideas please?

SalmonKing

• Offline Offline
  • SK Jukebox
« Reply #531 on: December 16, 2005, 04:41:21 pm »
4) I've been playing around with the mp3 controls you use in the jukebox software.. doing some homework to help you out. :) I downloaded the demo controls and the EAX problem isn't experienced with their demo app -- even while using the current ocx u have distributed. However, the problem is experienced in your jukebox software despite using the ocx that came with the demo controls.

Can I make 1 suggestion regarding the track numbers displayed alongside track titles? Albums with less than 10 tracks have single digit track numbers.. would it make sense to pad it waith a leading 0? It's just that once you get accustomed to typing a leading 0 for all other albums with 10+ tracks you do the same when you come across those that are less than 10 tracks. It's as if you don't even think twice before typing it in. Perhaps it's just me.. And for those using touchscreen, this change wouldn't really affect them. Also, would you consider adding a dash between the track number and the track title? Ex. 01 - Track Title  . It would make the display look so much better and easier to spot track numbers. Seems a but bunched up with the track title. I know space is limited, but hopefully 3 additional chars. will not make a big difference (2 spaces included).

I have purchased and use the Pro version of the control, which may be doing something strange.  I know you can apply several effects, so this may be causing it.  Actually, after typing this I remembered that I upgraded the control AFTER the last version of the software I put out.  Let me know after the next release!

As for the other one, just turn off Dynamic Song Numbering.  This means you can only have 99 songs on an album max, but it will get what you're after.  I might think about an optional dash in the title (and it's only 2 additional chars....already one space, I'd add another space and a dash....just to be technical   ;))

SK.

SalmonKing

• Offline Offline
  • SK Jukebox
Re: Run time error
« Reply #532 on: December 16, 2005, 04:44:32 pm »
Hey guys.

Just got this error...have been loading my "Now" albums.

when SK loads the program it comes up with
"run time error (6)
Over flow

Only just happened...any ideas please?

Are you using ID3 tags for the album/song information?  In either case, you should note what album it crashes on (if it's at the point of loading the album), then perhaps move them out temporarily to see if that gets around the problem.

Let me know if this helps, so I can then analyze exactly where it's getting caught up.

blue_eyes777

• Offline Offline
Does this when
« Reply #533 on: December 17, 2005, 05:55:58 am »
I add more albums to genre that already exists. Removing this genre has done the trick...now I will reload everything :)

Questions if you have a mo...

1.)is it possible to display pictures on the switch genre screen instead of just text...please?
2.)

THanks again!

blue_eyes777

• Offline Offline
Yet another question? :)
« Reply #534 on: December 17, 2005, 06:08:53 am »
So soz SK for another q and apologies if you've already answered it?

Is it possible to select a whole album to play?

Daniel

SalmonKing

• Offline Offline
  • SK Jukebox
Re: Yet another question? :)
« Reply #535 on: December 17, 2005, 09:11:18 am »
So soz SK for another q and apologies if you've already answered it?

Is it possible to select a whole album to play?

Daniel

Yeah, just posted this one page back in the thread :

For adding an entire album, use the song code '00'.  There are a couple of options in the setup screen that you can use for it, one for displaying '00 All Tracks' in the song listing, and the other is to use the All Tracks feature without displaying it in the list.

blue_eyes777

• Offline Offline
« Reply #536 on: December 17, 2005, 08:45:33 pm »
THanks SK!

I will go try that.
however I don't use the mouse, just an arcade cab so is it possible to play whole albums without a keyboard and mouse?

Also, on the genre screen is it possible to have album art displaying rather than text?

Thanks once again for your time :)

SalmonKing

• Offline Offline
  • SK Jukebox
« Reply #537 on: December 18, 2005, 05:29:41 pm »
THanks SK!

I will go try that.
however I don't use the mouse, just an arcade cab so is it possible to play whole albums without a keyboard and mouse?

That's fine, you don't need to use the mouse.  If you want to play every song off of, say, album 145, you would enter track code '14500'.  This will add every track to the queue.

As I said in the last reply, there are options surrounding this feature :

1) Feature is turned off totally
2) Can display '00 All Tracks' as the first available track in each album
3) Does not display the '00 All Tracks' selection, but will still work if you type '00' as the song number

Also, on the genre screen is it possible to have album art displaying rather than text?

I saw it when you asked the first time.....it's called 'selective replying'  ;)

Not sure about this one.  Won't flat out say 'no', but I'd say it's unlikely.

digitaldj

« Reply #538 on: December 18, 2005, 05:50:31 pm »
SK,

Is it possible to setup the program that when you enter 00 for all tracks and the highlight bar highlights the 00 to make it like it has been selected with the mouse with the dotted lines around the highlight without having to click it with the mouse? That way we can use the up and down direction buttons to go through the list of songs for longer lists!

Thanks,
Jukeman

SalmonKing

• Offline Offline
  • SK Jukebox
« Reply #539 on: December 18, 2005, 07:54:21 pm »
SK,

Is it possible to setup the program that when you enter 00 for all tracks and the highlight bar highlights the 00 to make it like it has been selected with the mouse with the dotted lines around the highlight without having to click it with the mouse? That way we can use the up and down direction buttons to go through the list of songs for longer lists!

Thanks,
Jukeman

So simply set the focus to that list?  OK, I'll add that option to the (very large now) to-do list.   ;D

digitaldj

« Reply #540 on: December 18, 2005, 08:34:31 pm »
Ok! How do i set the focus to the list?

SalmonKing

• Offline Offline
  • SK Jukebox
« Reply #541 on: December 18, 2005, 08:43:02 pm »
Ok! How do i set the focus to the list?

By waiting for me to put in the option I said I would add   ;)

You may currently be able to Tab to the list, but that's hardly ideal.

digitaldj

« Reply #542 on: December 18, 2005, 09:25:40 pm »
If i had to pay for the program does that mean i wouldn't get the attitude anymore?

All you had to say was: no, but i will add it to the request list.

Great program ---- poor attitude!

Jukeman

SalmonKing

• Offline Offline
  • SK Jukebox
« Reply #543 on: December 18, 2005, 09:43:41 pm »
If i had to pay for the program does that mean i wouldn't get the attitude anymore?

All you had to say was: no, but i will add it to the request list.

Great program ---- poor attitude!

Jukeman

God, not this crap again.....I said basically exactly that in my first reply :

So simply set the focus to that list?  OK, I'll add that option to the (very large now) to-do list.   ;D

ChalkyWhite

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 16, 2007, 11:55:18 am
« Reply #544 on: December 20, 2005, 01:08:13 pm »
Hi!
How do I get round this?
Any ideas?
Thank you.

If PileDriver's post does not help, please post a screenshot of your folder tree, with both the Dance & 80s folders visible & expanded.

clavman8

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 19, 2006, 07:31:51 pm
« Reply #545 on: December 20, 2005, 02:15:21 pm »
What an incredible looking program....if I could only get it to play my mp3s...HELP PLEASE!  :o)

I have read this whole forum and not seen my problem come up yet....I hope it's not something stupid i'm doing....wouldn't be the 1st time though.

Problem:

Installation worked great.  I can run the program.  I setup my mp3 folder in the "options" section and all works well.  I can flip through all music and add tracks to playlist, etc.  Everything seems to be working, BUT the program WIL NOT play my mp3's.  The mp3 looks like it is loading in the bottom window and shows the track progress bar, however the song does not begin to play.  Is their a "PLAY" button somewhere that I am missing?  I can even skip forward in a song on the timeline, but it won't play.  Am I missing a media player?  My mp3's play just fine with mplayer and other programs. 

Here are my computer specs:
AMD XP 2800 XP
ASUS A7V8X mb
300 gigs HD
1 gig mem

I tried registering all the dll's and such manually, as suggested earlier in this forum, but still the songs will not play.  Frustrating because I know the guns loaded but it won't fire!  :o)

Any help appreciated...Salmon?

Cheers,

Man without a jukebox and salivating over everyone elses.

SalmonKing

• Offline Offline
  • SK Jukebox
« Reply #546 on: December 20, 2005, 02:54:46 pm »
Perhaps another feature then, to either use folder structure for Genre reference, or the genre property on each file? This would help with compilations as for instance, it could randomize a Bon Jovi rock track from their album, then say Lenny Kravitz pulled from a compilation album.

ID3 support is in the program, which will read the properties from inside the MP3 files.  Here's what I would do :

- Turn on ID3 support & hit Save
- Go back into the options screen & tick the Static Database option, then hit the Update Database button.

This way, SKJB will not have to go through and open every file to get its information, it will save it all to a couple of files.

Not sure if that fits in totally with what you said at the end of the quoted section, but try the above & let me know how you go!

Hope this helps!

SK.

SalmonKing

• Offline Offline
  • SK Jukebox
« Reply #547 on: December 20, 2005, 03:00:31 pm »
Installation worked great.  I can run the program.  I setup my mp3 folder in the "options" section and all works well.  I can flip through all music and add tracks to playlist, etc.  Everything seems to be working, BUT the program WIL NOT play my mp3's.  The mp3 looks like it is loading in the bottom window and shows the track progress bar, however the song does not begin to play.  Is their a "PLAY" button somewhere that I am missing?  I can even skip forward in a song on the timeline, but it won't play.  Am I missing a media player?  My mp3's play just fine with mplayer and other programs. 

eeeek.....there's an odd one!  I know a problem like this came up right at the very start of SKJB, after I'd changed to the control I'm using now.  Didn't realise it was a trial version, so after 30 days everyone's MP3's stopped playing!   :(

Anyway, I don't think this is related to your problem....or maybe it is...  I would assume if there was a DLL error, you'd get a crash when starting the program.

This is a long shot, but have you, by any chance, installed the demo version of this before :

http://www.multimediasoft.com/amp3dj/

This is the control I use to play the MP3 files, but if you have installed it before & never registered it, that may be where the problem is.

If you have, totally uninstall it then reinstall SKJB.

Sorry, but that's all I can think of!

SK.

clavman8

• Offline Offline
« Reply #548 on: December 20, 2005, 03:08:23 pm »
Thanks for the quick reply Salmonking.  I don't remember ever installing the software you referenced.

Hmmm...I am stumped too.  I recently updated my directx software from MS...I did this the day before I installed SKJ.  Don't know if this matters though. 

My soundcard is an m-audio semi-pro card...so maybe that is the culprit?  Is there a way I can get into the settings of the media player engine you have used?  For example, soundcard and driver settings?

Would really like to get this working....such a great prog!

Cheers.

SalmonKing

• Offline Offline
  • SK Jukebox
« Reply #549 on: December 20, 2005, 05:42:57 pm »
Thanks for the quick reply Salmonking.  I don't remember ever installing the software you referenced.

Hmmm...I am stumped too.  I recently updated my directx software from MS...I did this the day before I installed SKJ.  Don't know if this matters though. 

My soundcard is an m-audio semi-pro card...so maybe that is the culprit?  Is there a way I can get into the settings of the media player engine you have used?  For example, soundcard and driver settings?

Would really like to get this working....such a great prog!

Cheers.

hmmm...that's a possibility that it's being told to play on the 'wrong sound card'.  Not really sure, it should just start playing on the default device.  Perhaps that's it?  In Control Panel - Sounds & Audio Devices, is there more than one sound device listed in the Sound Playback list?

Qaz

• Offline Offline
« Reply #550 on: December 20, 2005, 08:19:08 pm »
I can run the program.  I setup my mp3 folder in the "options" section and all works well.  I can flip through all music and add tracks to playlist, etc.  Everything seems to be working, BUT the program WIL NOT play my mp3's.  The mp3 looks like it is loading in the bottom window and shows the track progress bar, however the song does not begin to play.  Is their a "PLAY" button somewhere that I am missing?  I can even skip forward in a song on the timeline, but it won't play.  Am I missing a media player?  My mp3's play just fine with mplayer and other programs. 

Here are my computer specs:
AMD XP 2800 XP
ASUS A7V8X mb
300 gigs HD
1 gig mem

M-Audio Semi-Pro sound Card

SK,

Could this problem possibly stem from the fact that he's got EAX enabled? His M-Audio soundcard supports EAX 2 (depending on when it was purchased). Anyhow, exact same symptoms that I had when I had EAX enabled on my SB Audigy card.  Just my guess!

ClavMan8 - Try disabling EAX if you have it enabled.

Qaz

SalmonKing

• Offline Offline
  • SK Jukebox
« Reply #551 on: December 20, 2005, 09:37:04 pm »
SK,

Could this problem possibly stem from the fact that he's got EAX enabled? His M-Audio soundcard supports EAX 2 (depending on when it was purchased). Anyhow, exact same symptoms that I had when I had EAX enabled on my SB Audigy card.  Just my guess!

ClavMan8 - Try disabling EAX if you have it enabled.

Qaz

If it is this, let me know so I can get onto the producers of the MP3 playing control I use & let them know about the issue.

clavman8

• Offline Offline
« Reply #552 on: December 21, 2005, 12:06:39 am »
I appreciate your help guys...

I still have had no luck.  My soundcard is the M-Audio Audiophile 2496 card which does not support EAX....m-audio does make the Revolution card which i think supports this (like the SB cards)

My settings in Control Panel are correct for audio playback.  Every other audio program i have plays fine (albeit they also allow the user to go into audio options and setup the soundcard correctly)  I am using winamp, windows media player, quicktime and have no problems.

Maybe its a Directx issue or Directshow.  I ran the dxdiag diagnostic program and it ran through a series of tests.  Most of the sounds in the test played, however i did get an error message "card does not support hardware buffering. Sounds will only play back from software buffers."

Other than that i am stumped.  As I mentioned before, i don't get any error messgaes when running SKJukebox...all functions work accept the song never starts when loaded (i.e.  the timeline shows the current song and song length, but stays at 0:00and no progress on the red timeline bar.

you're sure there is not a play button i'm missing?  heheh

It would be nice if the program allowed you to go into an audio setup to select soundcard options like other progs allow for.   Or if I could sub in another media player within the same interface.  Anyhow, this seems to be isolated as so many others have the program working.

Cheers.

SalmonKing

• Offline Offline
  • SK Jukebox
« Reply #553 on: December 21, 2005, 12:22:05 am »
I appreciate your help guys...

I still have had no luck.  My soundcard is the M-Audio Audiophile 2496 card which does not support EAX....m-audio does make the Revolution card which i think supports this (like the SB cards)

My settings in Control Panel are correct for audio playback.  Every other audio program i have plays fine (albeit they also allow the user to go into audio options and setup the soundcard correctly)  I am using winamp, windows media player, quicktime and have no problems.

Maybe its a Directx issue or Directshow.  I ran the dxdiag diagnostic program and it ran through a series of tests.  Most of the sounds in the test played, however i did get an error message "card does not support hardware buffering. Sounds will only play back from software buffers."

Other than that i am stumped.  As I mentioned before, i don't get any error messgaes when running SKJukebox...all functions work accept the song never starts when loaded (i.e.  the timeline shows the current song and song length, but stays at 0:00and no progress on the red timeline bar.

you're sure there is not a play button i'm missing?  heheh

It would be nice if the program allowed you to go into an audio setup to select soundcard options like other progs allow for.   Or if I could sub in another media player within the same interface.  Anyhow, this seems to be isolated as so many others have the program working.

Cheers.

Well, I'm sure I can add in an option for selecting the playback device.  Strange that it'll load the song, I'm assuming it's giving you the length of the song?  Odd....just plain odd   ???

DirectX COULD be an issue, but can't be positive on that.

Is there any chance you can pop in a different sound card & see if that fixes it?

ChalkyWhite

• Offline Offline
« Reply #554 on: December 21, 2005, 06:11:11 am »
ID3 support is in the program, which will read the properties from inside the MP3 files.

digitaldj

« Reply #555 on: December 21, 2005, 07:55:43 am »
I guess i'm kinda confused about genre setup, so let's see if this is right!

Music,
           Genre,
                       Artist,
                                  song.

ChalkyWhite

• Offline Offline
« Reply #556 on: December 21, 2005, 09:05:47 am »
I believe PileDriver to be correct at the top of page 14 of this thread in that it goes...

music folder\genre\artist\album\songs.mp3

e.g. my music\Pop\Robbie Williams\Live at Knebworth\01 Angels.mp3

You can tell I'm English, and eagerly awaiting Robbie's tour next year!  ;)

Cheers, Chalky

digitaldj

« Reply #557 on: December 21, 2005, 12:50:30 pm »
What would be nice is for it to be changed and not have to put genre folder at beginniong of every artist.

If it could be changed to this:
My Music
              Genre(Country)
                         Artist\Songs
                         Artist\Songs
              Genre(Rock)
                         Artist\Songs
                         Artist\Songs
Otherwise if you have hundreds of folders then they all have to be changed.

Is this possible SK?

Jukeman

SalmonKing

• Offline Offline
  • SK Jukebox
« Reply #558 on: December 21, 2005, 03:22:25 pm »
What would be nice is for it to be changed and not have to put genre folder at beginniong of every artist.

If it could be changed to this:
My Music
              Genre(Country)
                         Artist\Songs
                         Artist\Songs
              Genre(Rock)
                         Artist\Songs
                         Artist\Songs
Otherwise if you have hundreds of folders then they all have to be changed.

Is this possible SK?

Jukeman

This is how the Genre system already works (unless I'm misunderstanding you).  You can have as many albums under one Genre as you like, for example :

Pop\
                      Pop Artist 1\Album
                      Pop Artist 1\Album 2
                      Pop Artist 2\Album
                      Pop Artist 3\Album
                      Pop Artist 3\Album
               Rock\
                      Rock Artist 1\Album
                      Rock Artist 1\Album 2
                      Rock Artist 1\Album 3
                      Rock Artist 2\Album

So, if you want to rename Rock to something else, renaming the directory will apply it to the 2 artists/4 albums in my example setup.

Dermbrian

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 19, 2024, 05:05:16 pm
« Reply #559 on: December 21, 2005, 06:00:17 pm »
I like the way SKJukebox does Genres.  Of course, it was my 'wish list' item. 

I guess, in a nutshell, here's what I see as the issue being raised:  Where do singles go?  How about compilation albums?   

ROCK
   Billy Joel albums
       Greatest Hits Volume 1
            Songs
        Greatest Hits Volume 2
   Billy Joel Singles
        Uptown Girl

The hierarchy listed here isn't uniform.  The 'system' works best if a fake album is created to house the singles.  To function best, the song has to be at the fourth folder level.

ROCK
   Billy Joel
        Greatest Hits Volume 1
             songs
        Greatest Hits Volume 2
             songs
        Billy Joel Miscellaneous
             Uptown Girl

Of course, then there's no artwork for the fake album.  I tend to create fake artwork or download suitable images for the fake 'albums'.

If the majority of a person's collection is composed of complete CD's or LP's, the Genre system doesn't require much work.

If the majority of a person's collection consists of individual .mp3's obtained from 'various sources', or never grouped by artist and album, then they may have some real work to do to get the whole genre/album image/songlist structured to where it works.

It's worth the work on the user's part.  Great program.   

Brian