Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Yet Another Jukebox Program  (Read 179150 times)

Silver

• Wiki Contributor
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 17, 2024, 10:29:00 am
  • Cunning like the Fox.
    • Mods'n'Mods
Re: Yet Another Jukebox Program
« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2004, 06:25:14 am »
Thanks - I will try it out in a day or two when I get a chance. Over a local LAN I don't think you notice without very large files.

I'm specifically interested if it will play over low-bandwidth networks - ie wireless. I have this issue with WinCab - it has to load the whole mp3 file first, so has a 10-30sec delay between each song over wireless, and I have some long sets - ie 1hour+ mp3s so need to have streaming support.

Thanks

Ted_Striker

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 18, 2016, 01:28:42 pm
  • Insert Witty Comment Here!
« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2004, 06:39:35 am »

4.) Hide the keypad.  For us dedicated cabinet users, there is no need for the number keypad to be shown on the screen.  Could we have the option to hide that?  This might fall under the first one.  Custom skins could hide this.

Yep, I'm an un-observant fool :).  I was so excited by your app I missed this option.  I played with it a bunch tonight and really like it.  Unfortunately, the lack of dual monitor support  is a killer for me.  I respect  your " not really the direction I wanted to take the program".  If you ever reconsider please post on the board.

Again thanks for the great app and thanks for considering my requests.

Lilwolf

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 31, 2022, 10:26:34 pm
« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2004, 11:34:34 am »
As for number 4.

I think you will find 2 groups.  One which will use touch screen and one that will use a keyboard.  I don't think you will find many that will use both (or want too... if they have a joystick and a trackball... they will probably want to only use one or the other).

When using those pieces... use a mouse only or a keyboard only and make sure you can do everything you would want / expect... 

I really like this program.

Random24

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 02, 2023, 06:31:16 pm
« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2004, 01:46:43 pm »

When using those pieces... use a mouse only or a keyboard only and make sure you can do everything you would want / expect... 

Actually I would like to add a bit to your suggestion.  Anyone developing for a touch screen that does not have one should remember when you test with a mouse. JUST USE THE LEFT CLICK BUTTON.  Also keep in mind that double clicking is not natural when using a touch screen, you should be able to do things with just a single click.  If that means having to click an "accept" button after making a choice, I am willing to accept that.

Just a few things I have noticed with some of the apps that claim to be "touch screen friendly"
« Last Edit: December 03, 2004, 01:48:33 pm by Random24 »

soroth

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 13, 2005, 10:55:59 am
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2004, 08:54:37 pm »
 Could you add in a next release an option to view folders too?
I want to include some big top40 folders and view them as an album but its limited to 99 tracks..   :P

SalmonKing

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 16, 2007, 10:45:44 am
  • SK Jukebox
« Reply #45 on: December 04, 2004, 12:16:59 am »
Thanks - I will try it out in a day or two when I get a chance. Over a local LAN I don't think you notice without very large files.

I'm specifically interested if it will play over low-bandwidth networks - ie wireless. I have this issue with WinCab - it has to load the whole mp3 file first, so has a 10-30sec delay between each song over wireless, and I have some long sets - ie 1hour+ mp3s so need to have streaming support.

Thanks

As luck would have it, I had a couple of hour long MP3's that I was able to test with over my network.  I have a slowish 100mb network at home (would take about 20 - 30 seconds to copy over a 100mb file).  The file loaded up in no time at all, approx 1sec delay.  I think you'll be fine when you try it out!   ;)

SalmonKing

• Offline Offline
  • SK Jukebox
« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2004, 12:19:52 am »

Actually I would like to add a bit to your suggestion.  Anyone developing for a touch screen that does not have one should remember when you test with a mouse. JUST USE THE LEFT CLICK BUTTON.  Also keep in mind that double clicking is not natural when using a touch screen, you should be able to do things with just a single click.  If that means having to click an "accept" button after making a choice, I am willing to accept that.

Just a few things I have noticed with some of the apps that claim to be "touch screen friendly"

Of course, I'm only working with the left mouse button!   ;)

Keep your eyes out for an update in the next couple of days.  I've made some pretty good progress in this area.  Nothing major, just little tweaks from the suggestions here and from playing with it myself.

SalmonKing

• Offline Offline
  • SK Jukebox
« Reply #47 on: December 04, 2004, 12:24:06 am »
I want to include some big top40 folders and view them as an album but its limited to 99 tracks..   :P

Not sure what you're saying in the 1st part of the message, but why would a 'Top 40' album need to have the ability to see over 99 tracks?  Seems like false advertising to me!  ;) :P

Seriously, when I started writing the program, I needed to make a choice.  Make the numbers that need to be typed in dynamic (i.e. require 1 digit for a song if less than 10 songs on the album, 2 digits for less than 100, 3 for less then 1000, etc), or fix it to 2 digits per song.  I have a feeling that the program has gone too far to make the switch back or to make it an option.

soroth

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 13, 2005, 10:55:59 am
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #48 on: December 04, 2004, 03:37:19 pm »

Not sure what you're saying in the 1st part of the message, but why would a 'Top 40' album need to have the ability to see over 99 tracks?  Seems like false advertising to me!  ;) :P

Seriously, when I started writing the program, I needed to make a choice.  Make the numbers that need to be typed in dynamic (i.e. require 1 digit for a song if less than 10 songs on the album, 2 digits for less than 100, 3 for less then 1000, etc), or fix it to 2 digits per song.  I have a feeling that the program has gone too far to make the switch back or to make it an option.
Well sorry my English is worse, especiallly when I'm stoned  :P,  but I've no top40 albums but seperate folders for each year in the top40, and each year has about 300-400 mp3s  (in other words its a top5000) but now I can see only the first 99 songs of each year. But no worry, still gonna use this kewl program  ;)

Silver

• Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 17, 2024, 10:29:00 am
  • Cunning like the Fox.
    • Mods'n'Mods
« Reply #49 on: December 05, 2004, 03:51:21 am »

As luck would have it, I had a couple of hour long MP3's that I was able to test with over my network.  I have a slowish 100mb network at home (would take about 20 - 30 seconds to copy over a 100mb file).  The file loaded up in no time at all, approx 1sec delay.  I think you'll be fine when you try it out!   ;)

Thats extremely good news,  as it looks like Wincab is going to be unable to do this for a while!  Good effort with all the touchscreen work as well, will feedback soon...

oznetradio

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 03, 2010, 12:20:36 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #50 on: December 06, 2004, 05:01:43 pm »
Love this program. Works faultless on my home PC.
What are the minimum system requirements and operating systems?
I had a look at the "read me" file that came with the download and couldn't see.

SalmonKing

• Offline Offline
  • SK Jukebox
« Reply #51 on: December 07, 2004, 01:47:36 am »
Love this program. Works faultless on my home PC.
What are the minimum system requirements and operating systems?
I had a look at the "read me" file that came with the download and couldn't see.

hmmm...not sure, really.  I run it on a P3 800, but with a decent video card (GeForce 4 Ti).  I would guess that anything over 1.2ghz would be more than fine.

As far as operating systems go, anything from Windows 98 up is supported.  Might work on 95, but haven't tested it on that.

Lilwolf

• Offline Offline
« Reply #52 on: December 07, 2004, 08:02:48 am »
Well, I finally got my touch screen running and took another look!

GREAT UPDATES!  Really moving along great!

Now for the questions... Whats the chance of getting it skinnable?  Mainly the bottom area.  Even if its in a hard to deal with text file
something simple like

next_page, next.gif, .90, .10, .05,.05
previous_page, previous.gif, .10, .50, .05,.05
slide_show, 0, 0, .5, .5

And if you get this working, then you will find others doing extra work for you :) 

anyway, here is the list of problems I had.

On my main PC... None... worked GREAT!
On my jukebox that runs a touchscreen at 640x480 almost ever button is to small.  X to close screen, all the numbers.

I would love to see the bottom having much less space for the song lists by number and a bit next page button, previous page button, play button and skip button.  But I know that many wouldn't...   (Any touchscreen people use the number pad?)... But I'm hoping for something similar to a tape player.

Also, you mentioned that the percentage bar scales in the help, but I found that it didn't work at 640x480.  Works better (behind the number pad) but still not really there.

Thanks for everything! 

SalmonKing

• Offline Offline
  • SK Jukebox
« Reply #53 on: December 13, 2004, 07:33:45 pm »
Finally found some time for an update, so please everyone give it a go & see if your suggestions have made it in!   ;)

Font customization is finally ready, but the colors are still a little ways off.  Just a note on the font setup, you can change the fonts however you desire, but something to keep in mind is that I am not changing the layout in any other way.  If you choose a font too big for the designated area, you'll need to go down in size until it fits.  Changing the program to automatically shuffle things around will be an absolute nightmare, so it will be staying like it it.

That being said, if you notice something strange with it, just let me know.

I have made the keypad a little bit bigger.  Let me know what you think (size wise).  I'm not 100% happy with the look of it, but at least let me know if it's functional.  No point me keeping on working on something that's already bad.

If you touch screen users could have a play & let me know if there's anything obvious that is missing / not working, it would be appreciated!

Note for Lilwolf : 640*480?  Ouch!   ;)  Perhaps you should turn off the progress bar (Current Song Settings - Hide Song Timeline).  Don't think I can even set my monitor to that resolution anymore.....

MikeAlex

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 30, 2023, 01:57:00 am
  • KIAAAAAIIII!!!!!!
« Reply #54 on: December 14, 2004, 07:10:51 am »
A few things...:)

1. The color of the foreground and background don't seen to change. The sample does change color.

2. The "display track names" in the track list doesn 't work for me.

Otherwise, grrrreat update SK! Thanks for your hard work.

Lilwolf

• Offline Offline
« Reply #55 on: December 14, 2004, 08:18:52 am »
Sweet, I'll look at it tonight!

As for the 640x480, you will find a bunch around here who use the lower resolutions... especially 640x288 (the highest arcadeVGA will output in non-interlaced mode)

btw, to test it... download quickres... Good utility that allows XP to goto any resolution.  Something funny about changing windows to goto 320x240 in windows.. you can do it..... but a bit ugly..

btw, why don't you just size everything based on a percentage of the screen size? 

Chris

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 21, 2019, 04:59:49 pm
    • Chris's MAME Cabinet
« Reply #56 on: December 14, 2004, 09:13:29 am »
btw, why don't you just size everything based on a percentage of the screen size?
--Chris
DOSCab/WinCab Jukebox: http://www.dwjukebox.com

SalmonKing

• Offline Offline
  • SK Jukebox
« Reply #57 on: December 14, 2004, 04:56:06 pm »
A few things...:)

1. The color of the foreground and background don't seen to change. The sample does change color.

2. The "display track names" in the track list doesn 't work for me.

Otherwise, grrrreat update SK! Thanks for your hard work.  :D

1. To quote my last post "Font customization is finally ready, but the colors are still a little ways off."

2. hmmm....here neither.  OK, I see what's happened.  The settings screen is saving & loading that option fine, I'm just never using it   :o  I'll put an update online in the next day or so to fix this, and once I've finished a couple of other things.

SK.

Lilwolf

• Offline Offline
« Reply #58 on: December 15, 2004, 10:45:34 am »
btw, the 640x288 is the same ratio as any others.  So the percentage is exactly the same as anything else... As long as you calculate the width / height seperately.  Its when you try a 3/4 snap and try it a 4/3 that things REALLY get messed up... All the rest is rounding issues.

Fonts are really the only example.  In one project I had I had all fonts calculated by percentage... but this isn't easy in Java (and probably C++) since font sizes aren't easy to set based on different width/height... but it can be done.  (I did it last in post script). 

But since the fonts can be configured... this isn't really a problem.  EVERYTHING else looks GREAT at 640x480 right now.  But a few of the controls that didn't scale.. but I'm getting rid of the progress bar.  (now I'm just praying for skin or custom controls for touch screens that doesn't have a number pad and has next / skip song as a control. 

Dermbrian

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 19, 2024, 05:05:16 pm
« Reply #59 on: December 16, 2004, 08:32:54 pm »
SK,

For some reason, SK Jukebox has stopped working on my system.  Well, it still does everything except for playing the song.  The scroll bar never starts, time remains at zero, etc.   You can add more songs to the queue and flip the artwork, so the whole program isn't locked up..

I deinstalled using the routine that you provide, shut down, powered up, reinstalled.  No change same problem after reinstalling.  I tried the repair option in the routine you provide, and still no change.  Tried the same things using the original version you posted...no change.

I'm debating going back to a system restore point, but that wreaks havoc with my Norton Antivirus.

All other programs that play MP3's still work:  Windows Media Player, Winamp, WinCAB.

Have you maybe heard of anyone running into this before?

Brian

SalmonKing

• Offline Offline
  • SK Jukebox
« Reply #60 on: December 17, 2004, 12:26:10 am »
SK,

For some reason, SK Jukebox has stopped working on my system.  Well, it still does everything except for playing the song.  The scroll bar never starts, time remains at zero, etc.   You can add more songs to the queue and flip the artwork, so the whole program isn't locked up..

I deinstalled using the routine that you provide, shut down, powered up, reinstalled.  No change same problem after reinstalling.  I tried the repair option in the routine you provide, and still no change.  Tried the same things using the original version you posted...no change.

I'm debating going back to a system restore point, but that wreaks havoc with my Norton Antivirus.

All other programs that play MP3's still work:  Windows Media Player, Winamp, WinCAB.

Have you maybe heard of anyone running into this before?

Brian

hmmm...never heard of this.  Although, I did have a strange experience the other night.  I changed my screen resolution down to 640 * 480, to see how it looked.  What happened was what you are stating, you can queue up songs, they just don't play.  In my case, they wouldn't start at all (i.e. nothing would appear in the current song area).

What resolution are you running at, out of interest?  Perhaps try changing to a different resolution to see if that fixes it.  I wouln't think a system restore point will do anything, so stay away from that solution.

Did anything change on your system between the time it was working, and now?  Hardware / software install?

Dermbrian

• Offline Offline
« Reply #61 on: December 17, 2004, 10:08:36 am »
hmmm...never heard of this.  Although, I did have a strange experience the other night.  I changed my screen resolution down to 640 * 480, to see how it looked.  What happened was what you are stating, you can queue up songs, they just don't play.  In my case, they wouldn't start at all (i.e. nothing would appear in the current song area).

What resolution are you running at, out of interest?  Perhaps try changing to a different resolution to see if that fixes it.  I wouln't think a system restore point will do anything, so stay away from that solution.

Did anything change on your system between the time it was working, and now?  Hardware / software install?

I just tried changing the resolution to various settings.  No change.  Problem remains.

I'm pretty certain the only new software on my WindowsME system is 'MP3-Tag Studio', which is a shareware program with banner advertising until registered.  Double clicking on a file while you're editing the tags does pull up WinAMP and plays the file. 

I have only edited a few files in one directory.  SK jukebox will not play any MP3 on my system at this point...edited with that program or not.  I just am not certain if it ever worked after installing that app, so I'm going to try de-installing that and see what happens. 

Thanks for the suggestions.  I'll keep you posted.

Brian

archerja

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 17, 2004, 11:06:18 am
  • If you can read this, you're too close...
« Reply #62 on: December 17, 2004, 10:34:44 am »
I too am having problems with the latest upgrade.  Is there a registry setting changed in this new version?  Even after uninstalling everything, and then reinstalling 180, I still cannot get it to play.  I then installed 185...nothing.  I then installed 189...nothing.  Now It will not play, and the song bar does not move.

I can double-click on the autosave.m3u, and it will play in winamp.  Wincab, AJ8, and Arcade Music Box all still play correctly.

Nothing has changed on my box, except for trying the new v189.

virtually,
Joseph

billf

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 14, 2022, 05:53:05 pm
  • Why ya dog-gone crazy idgit!
« Reply #63 on: December 17, 2004, 10:59:52 am »
Same problem here.

Dermbrian

• Offline Offline
« Reply #64 on: December 17, 2004, 11:35:17 am »
Same problem here.  The previous verisons worked flawlessly for me.  I installed 1.8.9 dated 14/12/2004 and it will not play.  I'm running this on a Win2000 Pro machine and have not changed the machine between the previous version and this version.

To Dermbrian: I too use 'MP3-Tag Studio' with the banner advertising running and have had no problems with SK Jukebox until this last version.  I like MP3-Tag Studio; it has worked awesome for me.

BTW - This is my first post here and a I just wanted to say that this message board is one of the classiest and most helpful boards I've read.  I've been a long time lurker and finally just joined.  Thanks.

- Bill

I de-installed MP3-Tag Studio and that made no difference.   Of course, who knows how cleanly it de-installed.  But from other postings here, that's probably not related to the problem.

I also used the "repair'" function of the installer again.  No change.

I know that I used Version 1.89 for a day or so before it stopped working, because I played around with the font options a little bit.

One more detail. ...

SK, you had mentioned that the oscilloscope is part of the player that you now use.  Well, under the default settings, the album shows up in the small window for several seconds, then that area goes blank and then eventually the album shows up again, etc.  So the jukebox is running but the player module isn't, more or less.

Brian

SalmonKing

• Offline Offline
  • SK Jukebox
« Reply #65 on: December 17, 2004, 09:51:23 pm »
"I know that I used Version 1.89 for a day or so before it stopped working, because I played around with the font options a little bit."

I think this is one of the most important points that has been made with this issue (which, incidently, happened to me for a few minutes, then went away).  Also, the point being that some people have gone back to older versions without luck is interesting.   ??? ??? ???

Something bizzare is happening!  Give me a day or 2 with it, I'm sure I can find the cause.

Dermbrian

• Offline Offline
« Reply #66 on: December 17, 2004, 10:24:19 pm »
Although I did try the font options...meaning 1.89 worked when I loaded it...I guess that there's some chance that it only worked until the next cold boot.  I wish I could remember clearly.  I didn't use it for a few days before I noticed that it didn't work.

Good luck with your investigations. 

SalmonKing

• Offline Offline
  • SK Jukebox
« Reply #67 on: December 17, 2004, 10:49:37 pm »
Although I did try the font options...meaning 1.89 worked when I loaded it...I guess that there's some chance that it only worked until the next cold boot.  I wish I could remember clearly.  I didn't use it for a few days before I noticed that it didn't work.

Good luck with your investigations. 

Thanks, I needed it.  Interesting to note that if you set your clock back a few days, it would work again.   >:(

Seems that the control I am using was only a demo version (DAMN FINE PRINT!!!).  Oh well, purchased the full version, and all is back to normal (except my bank balance being $89 less   :-\)

The update is here : http://www.pleasuredome.org.uk/~salmonking/

Make sure you follow the instructions (i.e. delete your existing "amp3dj.ocx" file before applying the update!).

Now, back to more important things!   ;)

EDIT : Doh, uploaded the wrong file.  Make sure you download the "SKJukeboxUpdate_v1810-2.zip" file, the original didn't have the .exe in it.  Wierd things happen when you're in a hurry!  ;)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2004, 11:14:05 pm by SalmonKing »

Dermbrian

• Offline Offline
« Reply #68 on: December 17, 2004, 11:16:20 pm »
javascript:replaceText(' :-*', document.postmodify.message);
KissAwesome!  Deleted the .ocx file, applied new version of SK Jukebox, all works again here.

But are you sure about....

"Also, fixed the 'Display Track Names In Queue List' option"

Still numbers only in my queue list.

But I think I'll shut up.   javascript:replaceText(' :-X', document.postmodify.message);
Lips SealedIt's a great jukebox interface as it is.

SalmonKing

• Offline Offline
  • SK Jukebox
« Reply #69 on: December 17, 2004, 11:35:30 pm »
But are you sure about....

"Also, fixed the 'Display Track Names In Queue List' option"

Still numbers only in my queue list.

Yes, very sure....tested it before uploading it, and just tested it then.  All works fine!

Make sure you downloaded the "SKJukeboxUpdate_v1810-2.zip" file, as perhaps you have the non-fixed version?

billf

• Offline Offline
« Reply #70 on: December 17, 2004, 11:50:27 pm »
Hey SK, I'm still having problems.  It still won't play and the program is now running very sloooow.  Since it was still acting up, I uninstalled the program and reinstalled.  I started with the installer setup.  Then went and deleted the amp3dj.ocx file (was in winnt\system32 directory).  I then used the "SKJukeboxUpdate_v1810-2.zip" file and unzip the contents to the install directory.  Now the ocx file is sitting in the install directory.  Is this right?  Should it be back in the winnt\system32 directory?  Like I said it is painfully slow right now, like click and wait 2-3 seconds for the album covers to slide over.  Any thoughts??

-Bill

Dermbrian

• Offline Offline
« Reply #71 on: December 17, 2004, 11:55:36 pm »
I downloaded the 1810-2...only 1810 was there earlier, I believe.  The names are now in the queue.

Unlike BillF, no issues with slowness on my system (WindowsME).  Works beautifully now.

Brian

Dermbrian

• Offline Offline
« Reply #72 on: December 18, 2004, 12:06:11 am »
BillF....did you unzip the update to the \Program Files\SK Jukebox directory?  That's where it needs to go, not to the SK Jukebox Install Directory.   It needs to be unzipped to where the actual SK Jukebox.exe file runs from.

Brian

billf

• Offline Offline
« Reply #73 on: December 18, 2004, 12:08:23 am »
Yep, it was unzipped to where the actual SK Jukebox.exe file is.

Dermbrian, now I see why you asked that.  I did say that the ocx file is sitting in the "install" directory, when I should have said it is in the \Program File\SK Jukebox directory.  The files are all in the locations per SK's directions, but it is running painfully slow.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2004, 12:15:20 am by billf »

SalmonKing

• Offline Offline
  • SK Jukebox
« Reply #74 on: December 18, 2004, 12:36:11 am »
Hey SK, I'm still having problems.  It still won't play and the program is now running very sloooow.  Since it was still acting up, I uninstalled the program and reinstalled.  I started with the installer setup.  Then went and deleted the amp3dj.ocx file (was in winnt\system32 directory).  I then used the "SKJukeboxUpdate_v1810-2.zip" file and unzip the contents to the install directory.  Now the ocx file is sitting in the install directory.  Is this right?  Should it be back in the winnt\system32 directory?  Like I said it is painfully slow right now, like click and wait 2-3 seconds for the album covers to slide over.  Any thoughts??

-Bill

Not really, no.  That is the correct spot for the file (as indicated in a later post).  Have you changed the setting for the Animation speed?  Remember that the lower the value, the slower it will go.

billf

• Offline Offline
« Reply #75 on: December 18, 2004, 12:59:22 am »
Since I reinstalled everything, the animation speeds are all still set at their defaults.  Its not so much just a slow vs. fast animation, but more of a hurky jerky animation.  I press the left or right directional arrow to slide the albums, it stalls for about 3 seconds, then moves just a little bit and holds for another 2 seconds, then completes the slide.

Here is some more info:

I start up the program with no songs in the queue.  The animation works fine.  I can scroll thru album covers at will.  Now if I pick a song to play, it adds the song number in the queued listing area, flashes up the message 'Song Added' on the far right, then it does nothing.  There is no song title, artist name, album name, progress bar, song time, nothing.  AND this is then when it becomes painfully slow.  So it appears that my slowness is due to songs in the queue.  Which is not good  :'(

I think I may try installing on another machine and see what that does.  But if you think of anything let me know.  Thanks.

- Bill

billf

• Offline Offline
« Reply #76 on: December 18, 2004, 02:32:55 am »
Yay!!  I'm listening to music again on SK Jukebox!!  :D ;D

I deleted the original amp3dj.ocx file per SK's directions.  On my machine it was in \WINNT\System32\.  Then instead of copying BOTH the updated .exe and .ocx files into the \Program Files\SK Jukebox directory, I only copied the .exe to that directory.  I then copied the updated .ocx file into the \WINNT\System32\ directory.  And it works!! ;D ;D  Well, at least I have music.  I'll still have to play around with it to see if "everything" is working, but that will have to wait.  Need some sleep.   ;)

- Bill

SalmonKing

• Offline Offline
  • SK Jukebox
« Reply #77 on: December 18, 2004, 04:44:58 am »
Yay!!  I'm listening to music again on SK Jukebox!!  :D ;D

I deleted the original amp3dj.ocx file per SK's directions.  On my machine it was in \WINNT\System32\.  Then instead of copying BOTH the updated .exe and .ocx files into the \Program Files\SK Jukebox directory, I only copied the .exe to that directory.  I then copied the updated .ocx file into the \WINNT\System32\ directory.  And it works!! ;D ;D  Well, at least I have music.  I'll still have to play around with it to see if "everything" is working, but that will have to wait.  Need some sleep.   ;)

- Bill

Yay!  Sorry to put you all through this   ::)

Guess I'll read the fine print a little closer next time.  I'll update the installer on Monday, so it will install correctly off the bat.   ;D

billf

• Offline Offline
« Reply #78 on: December 18, 2004, 02:28:29 pm »
No problem at all.  I'm just glad I got it working again. :)

Lilwolf

• Offline Offline
« Reply #79 on: December 21, 2004, 06:23:32 am »
where do I get a copy of the updated ocx file?  I deleted it thinking it was in the SK directory..

Do I need to reinstall?