Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: is there an end to Gauntlet???? (its official...no end)  (Read 2605 times)

hulkster

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 05, 2021, 04:27:59 pm
  • HulkaMAMEia is runnin' wild!
is there an end to Gauntlet???? (its official...no end)
« on: November 13, 2004, 10:16:02 am »
im on level 132, and im getting tired of playing.  is there an end to this game?  i have about 3.5 million points right now, but im starting to think that it was designed to have no end, but to just give entertainment value.  someone please let me know if there is an end or not.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2004, 06:10:09 pm by hulkster »

Floyd10

Re:is there an end to Gauntlet????
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2004, 10:22:19 am »
I assume theres an end. I dont think that there is some endless source code circulating. *shrugs* but hey, i could be wrong.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2004, 02:16:59 pm by Floyd10 »

shmokes

• Just think of all the suffering in this world that could have been avoided had I just been a little better informed. :)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 24, 2016, 06:50:42 pm
  • Don't tread on me.
    • Jake Moses
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2004, 02:16:14 pm »
I know someone who beat it on the NES (or was it SNES).  That was an accomplishment.  But I don't know whether the home version was completely faithful to the arcade version, so take that for what it's worth.
Check out my website for in-depth reviews of children's books, games, and educational apps for the iPad:

Best Kid iPad Apps

GGKoul

• Cheesecake Apprentice
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 23, 2019, 05:47:30 pm
  • I was once a big man!! -4700 posts later...
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2004, 02:43:33 pm »
im on level 132, and im getting tired of playing.  is there an end to this game?  i have about 3.5 million points right now, but im starting to think that it was designed to have no end, but to just give entertainment value.  someone please let me know if there is an end or not.

SAVE IT and email me the file.  As I want to see if there's an end to Ganulet as well.  

How long did it take you to get to level 132??

hulkster

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2004, 06:01:22 pm »
well i would play about 10 levels a day, sometimes more, just depends on how quickly i could go through the levels.  and then when i wanted to quit, id just save it, and load it up again.  im going to do some research on the net to see if there is an end.  we'll see....ill keep you posted.

hulkster

• Offline Offline
Re:is there an end to Gauntlet???? (its official...no end)
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2004, 06:10:51 pm »
It was also one of the later games to keep the famous tradition of not having an ending.
There were many classic games, where people could play for many hours on a single credit,
when they  became good enough....games such as Defender (and the sequel, Stargate...one of
the hardest games known to man), Pacman series, Asteroids, Space Invaders, Missile Command,
Centipede.....and many many others.  If you became good enough (and this was no tall order),
you could play until your endurance gave out :)

i got this from gamefaqs.com and he says the goal is to stay alive as long as possible.  what kind of friggin goal is that!?!!?!?  geez.  ah, yes time wasted again.

GGKoul

• Cheesecake Apprentice
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 23, 2019, 05:47:30 pm
  • I was once a big man!! -4700 posts later...
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2004, 11:01:42 pm »
well i would play about 10 levels a day, sometimes more, just depends on how quickly i could go through the levels.  and then when i wanted to quit, id just save it, and load it up again.  im going to do some research on the net to see if there is an end.  we'll see....ill keep you posted.

I search around and I couldn't find an answer... but maybe there is a PAC MAN type ending??  Hmm...