Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: dreamcast madcatz rev 2.1  (Read 2326 times)

jack smith

• Trade Count: (0)
dreamcast madcatz rev 2.1
« on: May 23, 2002, 07:25:54 pm »
has anyone hacked the madcatz REV 2.1 dreamcast controller yer?  http://www.darkravenwind.com/cdvision/madcatz.htm has older versions of the board.  Can anyone help?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by 1026619200 »

pheelicks

Re: dreamcast madcatz rev 2.1
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2002, 09:19:26 pm »
i have hacked that controller, if i think you are talking about the same one. i know that the diagram on that website is older. that board only has one ground. the side of the contact that is running to the place under the memory card slots are all the actual control buttons. the other side is the ground. i cant say that the ground is on the top side of all the contacts because the placement is different on each one. <-- that might be confusing. let me explain how to find the ground. there are two sides to each contact. the side of the contact that has a "light green" line running in to it and is coming from another contact is the ground side. the other side is should be running a "light green" line to the place under the memory card slot. under where all the contacts lead to it should say "solder layer. " mine was covered up with some hardened gluey substance. i peeled mine off no problem. run those to all the buttons. that's the side of the contact you want to run your common lines to (the button microswitches on your joystick). then daisy chain all the grounds together. just pick one of the ground sides of the contacts and solder a wire to the grounds coming off the joystick. im sorry if this is confusing but im not good with the electronic lingo. if u need more help or just makes u more confused just email me at murdock99@hotmail.com. ill try to better explain myself.  ;D

jack smith

Re: dreamcast madcatz rev 2.1
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2002, 11:34:14 pm »
Thanks man,
  With the the hints you gave me, i was able to figure out the connection points.  I'll take pictures for anyone else who needs help with this revision of the controller.  Although if you've done it before, you should be able to figure it out pretty easily.