Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: God Bless America  (Read 1369 times)

spocktwin

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 23, 2022, 08:33:49 pm
  • "Good Luck with That!!!" Timmy Turner
God Bless America
« on: October 30, 2004, 08:57:22 pm »
I know I may get alot of flames on this one, but after reading all the other threads about this election I still have one feeling.   Thank god I have the right to go Tuesday and cast my ballot in a country where no will will kick my behind for voting the way I will.  Please get out and vote, I may not agree with it but I will respect you for doing so.
     I was taught a deep respet for this country by a decortated  veteran (my father) who voted Democratic most of his life, even though I tend to go Republican he would respect me for my views because he believed he fought and saw his friends die for the right to do so.  My father would have loved what we are going through now (the election of course) because he believed that only through the differences that we so love does that make America stronger.  
   Alot of people on this forum are from other nations, please believe that ALL Americans at heart want peace  for all and liberty for every human being......our leaders may not display this well but the population wants us all to be free and able to raise our children in a world without fear.  A world where Jews, Catholics, Muslims, Prostestants, Daoists,and every religion that I don't name here can live in harmony knowing we all respect the same thing,,,,,,,human life.
May God Bless you all and for the love of pete,,,,,,go vote!!!!
Sherlock Holmes lives, just ask Watson

DrewKaree

• - AHOTW - Pompous revolving door windbag *YOINKER*
  • Wiki Master
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 15, 2021, 05:31:18 pm
  • HAH! Nice one!
    • A lifelong project
Re:God Bless America
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2004, 11:16:46 pm »
I don't know which pete you refer to, or why I should love THAT pete  ;)

Well put.  Thank you!
You’re always in control of your behavior. Sometimes you just control yourself
in ways that you later wish you hadn’t

Crazy Cooter

• Senator Cooter was heard today telling the entire congressional body to STFU...
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 10, 2024, 08:58:02 pm
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2004, 04:20:26 pm »
Yeah, everybody better go vote because once this thing is over, all us political guys (and gals) are going to need something else to argue over.  And if we find out you didn't vote.... ;)

Santoro

• Purveyor of Shiny Arcade Goodness
  • Santoro
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 23, 2023, 07:05:04 pm
  • Boycott Quarters!!!
    • ArcadeReplay!
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2004, 04:22:11 pm »
We can argue over the best joysticks or something.  Sounds much  funner to me.  

I hate that you guys dragged me into these threads.  :)

DrewKaree

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • HAH! Nice one!
    • A lifelong project
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2004, 12:09:01 am »
We can argue over the best joysticks or something.  Sounds much  funner to me.  

I hate that you guys dragged me into these threads.  :)

Fat, dumb, and stupid is no way to go through life son  ;)  ;D

We can argue over who has the best legal team....then, after December we can get back to arguing over joysticks, ipacs, why the Leafs suck, baseball, the Hockey lockout, whose football team is best, and why my teams colors are superior to your teams colors

GGKoul

• Cheesecake Apprentice
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 23, 2019, 05:47:30 pm
  • I was once a big man!! -4700 posts later...
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2004, 10:40:15 am »
I know I may get alot of flames on this one, but after reading all the other threads about this election I still have one feeling.   Thank god I have the right to go Tuesday and cast my ballot in a country where no will will kick my behind for voting the way I will.  Please get out and vote, I may not agree with it but I will respect you for doing so.

Well put.  But you know what's funny, 40% of the people don't go vote and take voting for granted.  

If you don't vote, then you have no right to complain afterwards.

Dexter

• Patriotism, the last refuge of the scoundrel. -- Irish, darnit!
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 01, 2024, 04:36:19 pm
  • "MAKE POVERTY HISTORY......."
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2004, 10:48:56 am »
Thank god I have the right to go Tuesday and cast my ballot in a country where no will will kick my behind for voting the way I will.  

And thank God again if you're not one of the citizens who has been disenfranchised or otherwise excluded from making your vote count ;)

Good luck on polling day America, the conscience of the world waits in hope.

(By the way, just want to get in an early mention for Happ competitions in that joystick discussion!)
« Last Edit: November 01, 2004, 10:50:59 am by Dexter »

DrewKaree

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • HAH! Nice one!
    • A lifelong project
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2004, 02:50:30 pm »
That's where you are completely, totally 100% wrong.  If we have the right to burn the flag in protest, we most assuredly have the right to complain, whether we voted or not.

It may seem like a small point to you, but people in other countries get killed for voicing displeasure about their country and its "elections".  In America, we have the right to complain, and for years, about a "stolen" election.  

We most definitely have the right to complain.

:P

GGKoul

• Cheesecake Apprentice
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2004, 03:25:38 pm »
That's where you are completely, totally 100% wrong.  If we have the right to burn the flag in protest, we most assuredly have the right to complain, whether we voted or not.

It may seem like a small point to you, but people in other countries get killed for voicing displeasure about their country and its "elections".  In America, we have the right to complain, and for years, about a "stolen" election.  

In NA we have the right to protest via elections.  If you don't like the governments stance on an item, you can vote against them in the next election.  If you are one that never votes, but complains about the elected official.  Your doing nothng to improve the situation.

Also, if people believe it was a stolen election, you would hope more people come out too make sure there's no questions about the winner.

« Last Edit: November 01, 2004, 03:27:48 pm by GGKoul »

patrickl

• I cannot know for certain which will be tastiest
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 27, 2021, 09:25:30 am
  • Yo momma llama
    • PocketGalaga
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2004, 04:25:52 pm »
In America, we have the right to complain, and for years, about a "stolen" election.  

Ehm, but then with the Patriot act you might get arrested for protesting.
This signature is intentionally left blank

GGKoul

• Cheesecake Apprentice
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2004, 04:42:00 pm »
Since Bush is the candidate that's for the American people, it's not crap.

I just saw a nice quote about this:

In a country where the poor and old cannot afford health care -the economy is falling apart and 3.3 million have been laid off - where 44 million people live on less than $12,000 dollars a year and 5 million people are homeless - where the entire media system is owned by only 6 media mega conglomerates - a country with the highest global crime rate and the world's largest prison population - where 60% of marriages end in divorce, 25% of kids under 12 live in poverty, many thousands can barely read or write and the gulf between the rich and poor is growing everyday - a nation that supports dictatorships in Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Columbia and Turkey - a country where the president is the unelected puppet son of an oil baron who cut 25 billion dollars out of veterans benefits to help pay for a new 'war' - a country with the world's highest teen suicide and stress rates - a society that embraces violence, censors nudity, silences dissenters and promotes hatred, racism and bigotry - a country where the population has a serious weight problem, where anyone can easily buy a gun and where parents put their kids on prozac - a country where the government monitors the library books you read, may enter your home at any time without a search warrant and has convinced the population to live in fear armed with duct tape...the Bush government is telling us our
biggest problem is TERRORISM?"

God Bless America - it sounds like you need it.

DrewKaree

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • HAH! Nice one!
    • A lifelong project
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2004, 08:31:04 pm »
In NA we have the right to protest via elections.  If you don't like the governments stance on an item, you can vote against them in the next election.  If you are one that never votes, but complains about the elected official.  Your doing nothng to improve the situation.

Also, if people believe it was a stolen election, you would hope more people come out too make sure there's no questions about the winner.
Down here in America, we have the right to protest via elections too.  We also have the right to complain about anything, no matter what.  MrC will prove that to you if you just ask him....ask him if Bush stole the last election.  He'll prove my point, as well as show patrick that throwing out idiotic statements only serve to cement his "so out there he's not even on the map" status.

We're as free as can be to open our cake-crushers about anything.  What we're not free from are the consequences regarding those words.  So still, we're free to complain, even if we don't vote.  

Ehm, but then with the Patriot act you might get arrested for protesting.
You'll have to review our Bill of Rights, our Constitution, and the Patriot Act.  Then, you'll have to ask someone to explain them to you.  Then, you'll have to admit you have no clue what you're talking about.  

If I'm ever threatened with imprisonment due to excercising my right to free speech, I'll just move to France or the Netherlands.   ;)

hulkster

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 05, 2021, 04:27:59 pm
  • HulkaMAMEia is runnin' wild!
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2004, 08:42:23 am »
after the elections are over, we can argue over a very controversial topic:

which is better?  perky boobs (even though sometimes small) or huge boobs (but not too big)

nipsmg

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 08:44:43 am
  • ROONEY!! ERRGH!!
    • Arcadia
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2004, 09:16:25 am »

You're right.  You literally have the right to complain.

But your complaint is pointless, and has no merit.

It's kind of like people who sit on their couch all day and eat bon bons, then complain that they're fat.

--NipsMG

Dexter

• Patriotism, the last refuge of the scoundrel. -- Irish, darnit!
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 01, 2024, 04:36:19 pm
  • "MAKE POVERTY HISTORY......."
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2004, 09:42:05 am »

which is better?  perky boobs (even though sometimes small) or huge boobs (but not too big)

Hmm, I'm a fan of both which I guess places me somewhere in between    :D

GGKoul

• Cheesecake Apprentice
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2004, 10:10:06 am »

Remember a simple time when all the mattered was Hulkster's Boob proposal?  

I like medium size boobs.  Hand fulls...  ;D

hulkster

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 05, 2021, 04:27:59 pm
  • HulkaMAMEia is runnin' wild!
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2004, 11:27:48 am »
mmmmm....hand fulls.  

DrewKaree

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • HAH! Nice one!
    • A lifelong project
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2004, 04:21:26 pm »

Remember a simple time when all the mattered was Hulkster's Boob proposal?  

I like medium size boobs.  Hand fulls...  ;D
Yeah, but why's he have to hijack all the threads and turn them all to talking about boobs?  Next thing ya know, we'll be talking about boobs and concentrating on boobs and we'll stop discussing the serious things like boobs and how they'll affect our cabinets.  What was the question again?