Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Fight Club  (Read 956 times)

Floyd10

• Trade Count: (0)
Fight Club
« on: November 02, 2004, 10:10:40 pm »
I start this topic as the release date for the game draws nearer and nearer. Has anyone here read the underrated book or seen the sleeper movie? I firmly believe in Tyler's way of life, and have incorporated it into everything I do. All of the facts presented in the movie are dead on, actually...

anyway, onto game information. it focusus on the fight club itself and not on the story as a whole. I dont think we will see marla or even norton's durden for that matter. The game looks decent, and even if it sucks, Im still going to buy it the day it comes out (11/16) just because of my devotion to the story. I have played the demo and it's alright. It will have live support (for xbox ver. I dunno if there are other ones, but thats me). Chuck, I know for a fact, is adamantly against this game. They're monopolizing and bastardizing his project. Which was against his view in the first place. most people only saw the movie because they thought it was going to be a fight fest. And Chuck hated that too. it does go against his nihilistic views on society and life in general. Oh well. what are you going to do? Best to join and make peace, and avoid confrontation. BTW, Palahniuk's not getting a cent from this.
from the site:
 Learn the 8 Rules of Fight Club
« Last Edit: November 02, 2004, 10:12:41 pm by Floyd10 »

Floyd10

Re:Fight Club
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2004, 10:25:19 pm »
I start this topic as the release date for the game draws nearer and nearer. Has anyone here read the underrated book or seen the sleeper movie? I firmly believe in Tyler's way of life, and have incorporated it into everything I do. All of the facts presented in the movie are dead on, actually...

anyway, onto game information. it focusus on the fight club itself and not on the story as a whole. I dont think we will see marla or even norton's durden for that matter. The game looks decent, and even if it sucks, Im still going to buy it the day it comes out (11/16) just because of my devotion to the story. I have played the demo and it's alright. It will have live support (for xbox ver. I dunno if there are other ones, but thats me). Chuck, I know for a fact, is adamantly against this game. They're monopolizing and bastardizing his project. Which was against his view in the first place. most people only saw the movie because they thought it was going to be a fight fest. And Chuck hated that too. it does go against his nihilistic views on society and life in general. Oh well. what are you going to do? Best to join and make peace, and avoid confrontation. BTW, Palahniuk's not getting a cent from this.
from the site:
 Learn the 8 Rules of Fight Club

grueinthebox

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 07, 2014, 12:37:03 pm
  • Feed your head.
    • red42.com
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2004, 10:45:12 pm »
I firmly believe in Tyler's way of life, and have incorporated it into everything I do. All of the facts presented in the movie are dead on, actually...

Would Tyler Durden own a video game console on which to play the game or post to internet forums...?  ;)
"All right. It's Saturday night. I've got no date, a two liter bottle of Shasta, and my all Rush mix tape. Let's rock!"

Floyd10

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2004, 10:58:43 pm »
it depends on the circumstances. I have not lost everything yet though. so Im not free to do anything

AmericanDemon

• The Reason the short bus was invented... 100% Slacker Guaranteed, 4:20 yet?
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 22, 2019, 11:08:03 pm
  • Still an AmericanDemon
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2004, 05:16:14 pm »
I loved both the book and the movie.  The game shares the name but thats all.  The movie nor the book were really about fighting at all.  It was only a small fraction of them.  Fight Club had much deeper meanings and in that it succeeded in turning me into a big fan.

I may rent, but definitely will not own.

Floyd10

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2004, 05:21:30 pm »
thank you for reiterating

AmericanDemon

• Offline Offline
  • Still an AmericanDemon
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2004, 06:16:25 pm »
::lol::  You're welcome.  Its amazing what medicine can help you write.

Floyd10

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2004, 06:20:18 pm »
Do you have glaucoma?

clanggedin

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 02, 2012, 11:08:55 pm
  • O'DOYLE RULES!!!
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2004, 06:27:07 pm »
I hated that movie. It's on my worst movie list. If I could go back in time I would tell myself not to watch it.

I just hope you guys aren't the ones creating your own local wanna-be fight clubs. I love the Ultimate Fighting Championship, PrideFC, and KOTC, but this local fight club rip-off stuff is rediculous.

Maybe I was expecting it to be awesome because of what others were saying, but in my eyes it ranked with Darkman, and Cutthroat Island and the worst movies I ever seen.

But, then again this is from a guy who enjoyed StarShip Troopers when it came out.

AmericanDemon

• Offline Offline
  • Still an AmericanDemon
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2004, 07:03:15 pm »
Do you have glaucoma?

Nope, but I do have the same medicine.  ;)  

Been on flu stuff for about a week now. But hey, at least we have similar view points.  ;)