Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Check out The VectoRaster Project  (Read 1567 times)

Vectoraster

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 19, 2020, 12:55:33 pm
  • You *are* starting to annoy me.
    • The VectoRaster Network
Check out The VectoRaster Project
« on: September 14, 2002, 10:50:19 am »
Hot on the heels of 2001's LaseRaster, we are starting the VectoRaster project to stave off the forthcoming Minnesota winter insanity risk.  This is our 3rd project and we'll be documenting every step.  Good place for both beginners and experienced builders.  Check it out:

The VectoRaster Project
« Last Edit: September 14, 2002, 12:24:03 pm by Vectoraster »

Dave_K.

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 06, 2022, 03:27:30 pm
    • Arcade Fever
Re:Check out The VectoRaster Project
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2002, 01:07:09 pm »
http://webpages.charter.net/kbloch/prototype_mame_ideas.htm

Your small scale prototyes of the cabinets look AWSOME!  I understand these are copies of real cabinets, but this is an excellent idea for people wanting to fool with modification on standard designs.  How long did it take you to make the prototypes?

-Dave

Vectoraster

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 19, 2020, 12:55:33 pm
  • You *are* starting to annoy me.
    • The VectoRaster Network
Re:Check out The VectoRaster Project
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2002, 09:37:23 pm »
The actual making of them goes fast, about an hour, after their design is on paper.  First they are drawn to scale, then transferred to carboard or foamboard, cut, and glued together.  Unfortunately I couldn't find my LuSiD's proto.

Building the model first means that I must know the geometry of the cabinet, so I can put the outside and inside corners in their right places when the real one's built.

Glad you liked them!
« Last Edit: September 15, 2002, 08:44:59 am by Vectoraster »