Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Computer Advice  (Read 4930 times)

Leo Sump

• Trade Count: (0)
Computer Advice
« on: July 09, 2002, 02:19:32 pm »
My cabinet is complete.  With an Athlon 1400 inside on a WG D9200 every game runs 100%.  I turn on hardware stretch to make all games run full screen.  However, this makes the image somewhat fuzzy.  I can turn on the "effect: sharp" and that cleans it up, but then even games like Pacman skip a frame once in a while.  Games like MK3 run at about 50%.  I'm wondering if upgrading the machine inside to a Athlon or Pentium 2000 Mhz+ would fix this.  Is anyone running a very high end machine with HW stretch and effect: sharp on and can you share your experience?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by 1026619200 »

SNAAAKE

• -Banned-
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 21, 2004, 03:44:18 am
  • Banned for abusive postings.
Re: Computer Advice
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2002, 03:31:00 pm »
OH SO YOU BOUGHT THE D9200? i saw you asking how it look and stuff.

lucky bastard :D

anyways,i am running powerfull machine.1.4 athlon,i am using 19" vga arcade and no problem so far...go to windows run and type "MSCONFIG".go there and disable everything that are useless.increse brightness and decrese gamma correction.that will make it non fuzzy.i used 27" eygo before and thats all i did to make it look very nice.....also make sure you are not using scanlines..scanlines are useless to us arcade monitor users.scanlines will make every game run slower.post  some pictures of your cab man..and the damn monitor of cours.i am saving up to get one of those..good luck ;)

lightspeed

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 26, 2016, 07:48:35 pm
  • I want to Build My Own Arcade Controls!!
Re: Computer Advice
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2002, 09:50:55 am »
Hardware strecth will take a performance hit on older video cards.  If you're not running a GeForce 2, Matrox G450, or Radeon 7000 or above, this is likely the problem.

The good news is that it should not be needed for most games.  Allow MAME to select the resolution automatically, or try setting all games to either 640x480 or 800x600.    They should fill the screen nicely w/out stretch enabled.  

I the same CPU - HW strecth skipped with an ATI 3D RageII in basic games like PacMan. No problems once I updgraded to a Radeon, but I leave it off by default anyway.