Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Golden Tee scrolling issue  (Read 841 times)

Scoobie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 03, 2024, 04:22:53 pm
Golden Tee scrolling issue
« on: September 23, 2004, 11:37:00 am »
I'm running Mamewah 1.51 and my display is a Toshiba 27" tv with component video.  My games in Mame and other emulators seem to display okay, just not GT for PC.

The resolution for my display is set to 640x432 and my layouts in Mamewah are set to 640x480 (I couldn't get MW to run the layouts in 640x432).  I would have liked to run my tv at a higher resolution, but it just doesn't work with my analog set.

When in Golden Tee (PC), the screen seems to be set to something like 800x600 because I can't see the entire screen.  When I move the mouse/trackball, the entire screen "rolls" in the direction I move the mouse.

Is there a solution to this?  I couldn't find anything on the subject.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: September 27, 2004, 08:18:39 pm by Scoobie »

Scoobie

• Offline Offline
Re:Golden Tee scrolling issue
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2004, 08:18:08 pm »
Anyone know of a fix for this?  There must be a solution, I just can't find it.   ???

DaemonCollector

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 26, 2009, 07:02:16 pm
  • All your base are belong to us.
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2004, 08:55:35 pm »
it sounds like thats windows autopanning...which means your display dosn't support the resoltion your trying to throw at it. Give powerstrip a shot, that might be able to force it into a dif resoulution.

The Sandman

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 15, 2022, 06:06:09 pm
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2004, 01:00:28 pm »
I had a similiar problem where I could see the intro screens, select my course, etc.. but when the game actually started it started up in a different resolution.  I got around this by pressing Alt-F4 which cycles the golden tee games display resolutions.  I believe I have to press Alt-F4 twice to get it to display.  Let me know if that works.

Scoobie

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2004, 11:42:32 pm »
I got around this by pressing Alt-F4 which cycles the golden tee games display resolutions.  I believe I have to press Alt-F4 twice to get it to display.  Let me know if that works.

This worked great.  Is there a way to save the desired resolution?  I need to press Alt-F4 every time I launch the game, and it would be great if I only had to do this once.

Thanks!

The Sandman

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 15, 2022, 06:06:09 pm
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2004, 12:47:27 am »
You can supposedly update a file in the game directory with the resolution setting but when I tried this it never worked.  I don't recall what file to update but it's in the manual or readme text file.