Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Filing structure  (Read 2090 times)

cdbrown

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 16, 2017, 09:52:03 pm
  • Bowowow
Filing structure
« on: September 04, 2002, 01:57:42 am »
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone would be able to give me some tips on their preferred filing structure when it comes to roms.  Do you just dump everything into one folder and point the various programs at it.

I am trying to sort out / get a grip of the different emulators and what they can run.  Mame plays a lot but not all, some smaller ones can play different CPS1/2 and neogeo better than mame.

I suppose the real problem may arise when I run ClrMame Pro.  If a rom isn't supported by a particular emulator it wants to delete the file as it thinks it is unnecessary even though another emulator would run it.

I was thinking of having one backup directory of all the roms, then copy them all into different folders and running ClrMame Pro using one dat file per folder.  Have a rom folder with subdirectories such as mame, raine, final burn, nebula.  Have a rom directory for each emulator.  I have seen that the setup files in some of the front ends use CPS1, CPS2, Neo Geo as the folder set up.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated ;D.

Cheers
-cdbrown