Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Old MAME ques asm 68k core  (Read 1460 times)

rampy

• *shrug*
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 02, 2007, 11:32:16 am
  • ...as useless as a JPG is to Helen Keller
    • Build Your Own PVR
Old MAME ques asm 68k core
« on: September 02, 2002, 10:31:12 am »
I vaguely remember back in the day that the MAME team was experimenting with an Assembly based 68k core.

Near as I can figure based on the whatsnew.txt  MAmE .35beta1 was the last one to include it before they started testing/revising the 68K C core.    

Did the ASM version of the 68K ever make it back into any later revision mame beta's  after 35b1?  

Since it's been forever ,  I forgot... was there a switch to enable the asm 68k or was it a different compile or default on in DOS build ???

If you are wondering - i'm just trying to get the most performance outa my 550 celery, by staying in DOS... and just having some trouble on certain spots on certain Neo Geo games (turfmasters)...

I'd also entertain other speed tweaks for dos... I've allready got fastvid going.... -nosleep tag etc... *shrug*

rampy