Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Saitek ST220 USB in MAME?  (Read 2203 times)

Warborg

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 28, 2024, 12:41:41 am
  • Personal text? Nah...
Saitek ST220 USB in MAME?
« on: August 31, 2002, 09:13:58 pm »
Well, I just bought a Saitek ST220 USB stick for play in MAME, which will be incorporated into the arcade cab I am planning for games like TRON and Star Wars (I know it's not authentic for Tron, nor is it a Yoke for SW, but it'll do the job), and have a slight issue with it in MAME. I played Star Wars with it, and it controls just fine and is responsive, but it seems to center to the lower left area of the screen in Star Wars. In the windows game controller calibration, it calibrates and tests dead on. SO, has anyone run into this problem, or know of a way that I can set the centering of the stick in MAME properly, or set up some kind of offset which will get the crosshair centered? Any help appreciated...

P.S.  I am running WinXP Pro...

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 15, 2024, 10:59:21 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
Re:Saitek ST220 USB in MAME?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2002, 12:30:02 am »
You'll need to load the offending games and go into their test modes (usually f2 will do this for you) and calibrate the stick.  

Warborg

• Offline Offline
  • Personal text? Nah...
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2002, 01:13:16 am »
Thanks...  But alas, I gave it a shot and to no avail...  Star Wars has the test mode which will allow me to test the controller but there is no option to calibrate it, so I am still stuck with the crosshair centered to the left...  :(

Warborg

• Offline Offline
  • Personal text? Nah...
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2002, 12:37:23 am »
A little update, it appears that it's really only a problem in Star Wars...  I have tried Tron (although the stick makes controlling lightcycles almost impossible) and Return of the Jedi and such, and the calibration seems dead on...  

So, any other input on how to fix this for Star Wars?