Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Careful of 'www-kidsplaythings-cc ' E-bay seller, lied to me about shipping...  (Read 8813 times)

AlanS17

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 02, 2019, 08:35:48 am
  • I won't even pretend to be clever...
    • AlanS17
Re:Careful of 'www-kidsplaythings-cc ' E-bay seller, lied to me about shipping
« Reply #40 on: September 23, 2004, 02:53:31 pm »
Never thought about that. Good idea.

exibar

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 28, 2022, 01:42:35 am
  • I'm the creator of Exibar's Lair!
« Reply #41 on: September 23, 2004, 07:09:42 pm »
There we go, snipe his negative feedback!

Has anyone heard anything from the fraud claims that have been filed?  I haven't heard squat yet :-(

I'm almost tempted to create a throw away ebay account, become the winning bidder on one of his items and leave the nastiest negative feedback about his shipping media mail.... not lieing in feedback or being vulgar, just stating the plain simple truth... the truth is bad enough!

I'll never do it though... I'm not a vengefull person, I'm just angry at him, why should he get away with doing something illegal, immoral and just plain wrong...

Mike B

dirt

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 24, 2023, 11:06:57 pm
« Reply #42 on: September 23, 2004, 09:38:23 pm »
oohhh crap, i just bought a monitor bezel from them the other day and i need it to finish off a game. i dont know if i can wait a month for it.
dirt

Did you ever get your bezel in?

Mike B

i got it THIS tuesday!!!!! almost a month to get it to me. he emailed me 15 days after i paid for it to tell me my item shipped. and it didnt get here for another 11 days!!! and the box did not contain his "free gift". which i could really care less about but why say your going to do something if you know your not? what really makes me mad is i lost the sale on this game because i was waiting for the bezel. i guess i'll have to chalk this up too "live and learn". i will never buy anything from this jerk again no matter what his prices are.

dirt
ps at least it was sent parcel post not media
WANTED: NINTENDO CABINETS WORKING OR NOT

MonitorGuru

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 05, 2005, 11:29:43 pm
« Reply #43 on: September 23, 2004, 10:26:59 pm »
I am going to bite the bullet and give him negative feedback, even thought I  know that he will do the same.

There is a neat trick for that. You have 90 days to leave feedback. Use your calendar and caculate the last hour or so to leave feedback. He can post a response to the feedback you left, but will have missed the window to leave retailitory feedback for you.

"SNIPING FEEDBACK"  does NOT ensure you won't receive retalitory!!!!!

The 90 day thing on eBay keeping history is just the MINIMUM days an item is *guarenteed* to be reachable.

It is removed from your ebay "feedback to leave" pages and watch lists at 90 days, however, if you still can link to the auction, e.g. through the link on the negative feedback, or by typing the auction number in directly, you can ALWAYS get to the item after 90 days and anywhere up to around 120 days.

This is because eBay only removes items on a structured delete pattern when they need more server space.  When there are more auctions in a time period (e.g. 90+ days after free listing day) then a lot will disappear shortly after 90 days.  In the middle of summer, I often can bring up auctions in the 100-115 day range.

So don't assume you will not receive a negative back instantly as soon as he sees the feedback.  The best you can do is watch other auctions within the same range disappear off of yours or other listings and then take your best shot as to when to leave and hope the link disappears the next day or so.

Of course this is all for those of you who don't want to get a retalitory.  Of course I don't care and as a seller leave negs first and early and of course get the few retalitories.

Just don't want those of you to believe the 90 day feedback "snipe" urban legend.  

Of course even if you get a neg, this guy should be banned shortly from ebay and others will see his retalitory as simply that.. retaliation for their bad service.

thumbninja

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 29, 2005, 12:11:22 am
  • I'm just an ordinary panda.
    • my website
« Reply #44 on: September 24, 2004, 08:51:40 pm »
A lot of Ebayers don't look into the circumstances of your negative feedback to find out what really happened. I don't bother with Ebay too much anymore. I read that fraud on Ebay has more than doubled in the past year. Ouch.

I got burned on a PS2 auction last fall. It was quite a sucky experience.  :'(

Stormy151

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 11, 2011, 01:57:24 am
  • It was Dick Jones! DICK JONES!!!
« Reply #45 on: September 25, 2004, 12:21:13 am »
I like that Ebay allows for feedback, but dislike the way the system works.  The whole "leave me positive feedback and I'll leave the same for you" thing.  That really sucks and defeats the purpose of the system.

However, there will always be kooks out there on both ends of the transaction.  The comment system is nice, but that negative mark stays with you...

AlanS17

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 02, 2019, 08:35:48 am
  • I won't even pretend to be clever...
    • AlanS17
« Reply #46 on: September 25, 2004, 09:56:10 am »
I think a ratings system is a great idea, and the implementation is fine, too. It's the misuse I'm not so wild about. It's a simple fact of doing business online that you can't interact face-to-face with the person you're making a transaction with. That's the whole point of a ratings system. However, if you were to walk into some dude's privately owned shop and he was freaking out on you, you wouldn't buy from him (at least I hope not). On Ebay, you really can't tell until after the fact or unless you ask questions... or unless you read feedback!

I think people probably put too much stock in the ratings system, though. You don't see signs in alot of stores saying "Check out  our awsome customer service record posted on the wall over there". Why? Because even though customer service is important, it won't make or break a company unless it's exceptionally good or bad.

It's said that for every bad comment the average business gets, it should be made up for with 10 positives. That's how you achieve a balance. Well if that's the case, then the nominal seller rating on Ebay would be just over 90%. However, those kind of numbers scare alot of would-be Ebay buyers. They're thinking "What if I'm unlucky number 11?"

Well every company has "unlucky" customers and every company makes mistakes. It's only when the seller lies (like intentionally underestimating shipping times/expenses) or intentionally over charges for shiping/handling that you should be careful. Random bad customer service is inevitable, and perfect customer service is a partially luck that you haven't gotten the wrong nit-picky buyer.

DreamArcades

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 26, 2022, 05:36:40 pm
    • Dream Arcades, LLC
« Reply #47 on: September 29, 2004, 11:38:56 pm »
I sell arcade parts on Ebay, and have heard complaints from their former customers. The bad thing for me is they use media mail to undercut my shipping prices. I lose business and they scare people away from using ebay to buy arcades parts.
It

retroCool

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 22, 2005, 10:56:08 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
I got ripped by this guy as well.  I'm usually very careful about who I buy from, I can't believe I didn't check up on him before I hit the "buy" button.  Unfortunately for me, I bought 4 items, and I now I'm going to go from 107 good and 1 bad (the one was retalitory, too) to 107 good and 5 bad.  This guy is unbelievable.

DreamArcades, I almost bought everything from you, but you're right, I got fooled by his shipping prices.  Believe me, I'm regretting that move.  You'll get my next order. (This is my first, but won't be my last cabinet.)  I did get T-molding from you, and I underestimated how much I was going to need.  I'll be reordering that.  Thanks for the fast ship time.  :)

It took 24 days to get my order, and he shipped three wrong parts and forgot my button wrench!  Now, I have to ship the parts he made the mistake on, and pay for the shipping, before he makes good on the rest.  It will probably be ANOTHER month before I see them, if I do at all.  It wouldn't surprise me if he keeps his mistakes and rips me off for the $54.97.  He'll probably say he never got them.  He seems to have really bad luck with mail. (yeah, right)

I promised this joker that I will write a review on him and post it everywhere possible.  He doesn't deserve to be in business.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2005, 05:29:43 pm by retroCool »

gprime

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 16, 2019, 11:51:22 am
  • still the newb
    • G-Prime .NET
Wow..

Some buyer gave *neutral* feedback and said "B+, sorry, took almost a 2 weeks, and came in poopy box. =(."

And in return, he gives *negative* feedback because of the neutral feedback, "Our ship time of 7 to 14 business days is posted before you bid...."

Wow, that's terrible ..

Ke7bo

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 24, 2005, 05:25:48 am
When I buy/sell on ebay I hate people like that guy. Very glad I didn't buy my stuff from that guy.

Fortunately when I bought my arcade stuff I bought from "123gumby123." That seller was really polite and cool to do business with. If that's anyone here, thanks!

Stingray

• Official Slacker - I promise to try a lot less
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 08, 2021, 03:43:54 pm
Wow, I'm glad I found this thread. I've looked at quite a few of their auctions, but never actually bid on one. Thanks for the heads up, I will not bid on their auctions in the future.

-S
Stingray you magnificent bastard!
This place is dead lately.  Stingray scare everyone off?

Witchboard

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 05, 2022, 09:09:24 pm
    • Oklahoma Coin-Operated Collectors
Heh.. Why don't you just go knock on his door and give him a good slap for everyone.  He's located in your neck of the woods Stingray.  :)

Stingray

• Offline Offline
So he is. Now I remember why I was looking at his auctions. Maybe I should buy something cheap from him and ask if I can come pick it up.

-S

Stingray

• Offline Offline
I inquired about local pickup.

-S

Stingray

• Offline Offline
Quote from: www-kidsplaythings-cc
hello, im sorry we are mail order only, we do not have a customerservice area

No suprises there. I can't imagine why they don't want anyone to know their location.

-S

retroCool

• Offline Offline
Here's the address I have to send my (wrong) joysticks back to.

kidsplaythings
3728 s. elm place suite#331
broken arrow, ok 74011

Give him a good slap for me.  He won't even return my emails.

Here's hoping he even sends me my money and/or correct parts back to me...

I'm writing Happ Controls at info@happcontrols.com a detailed letter letting them know what he did to me and what kind of reseller this guy is and how he makes the arcade control business look.   I'm including a link to this thread and some other sites that talk about how nasty they are to do business with.

Maybe if enough people do that, they won't sell him their stuff anymore...

I'm sure his toy business has to be the same way.  There's probably lots of kids out there who are sick of waiting for their Scooby Doo toys.

stevejt

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 01, 2022, 01:21:32 pm
  • stevejt.com
    • My site
 I have sold many things on ebay.  Including items for a penny, that I had to make a buck on shipping just to break even.  I understand the low price and proifit on shipping method.  Same difference as higher price and free shipping. 

But This guy seems like a crook.  Can't beleive he left a negative in retalliation to a neutral.  Since the "correct" means seem to be useless here, I don't think it would be wrong to use the "wrong" method to get correct results.  Something like what happened to Paige might be the only means.

Hoagie_one

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 04, 2020, 12:36:28 pm
  • Um....whats a cabinet
Ebay has a policy about Feedback bullying.  You should report him to ebay.

minnegopher

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 28, 2018, 07:46:20 pm
I, too, was disappointed by this seller.  I purchased stuff from them via eBay... it came within 2 weeks, but I got a blue 3" trackball instead of the red that I had ordered.  They ignored my many emails that requested for them to resolve the situation.  Finally, after weeks, they sent me a brief email that instructed me to send back the blue trackball (entire assembly) so that they could send me a red one.  Well, I didn't feel like getting burned further, so I held on to the wrong goods.  Blue balls are better than no balls!  I don't trust these people and I don't think that any future prospective buyers should, either.

JODY

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 19, 2024, 05:06:29 pm
  • After a long delay...the arcade is underway!
I had ordered the day before I noticed this thread.  My order was here in 4 days from the time I placed it.  Trackball was the one I ordered.  Bonus item was in the box.  Haven't tested anything yet.

There was a 50 cent postage due notice from the post office with the item  :(!  If everything tests out OK I got off lucky.

JODY

• Offline Offline
They just refunded my 50 cents shipping due charge.  Were courteous and prompt on that too.

ponyboy

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 21, 2016, 06:03:03 pm
Hey guy's I feel for you.  Please check out my threads.  If you need Happ Super Joysticks, Happ Horizontal or Competition Buttons, Power Supplies and PCB Mounting Feet Kits please send me a PM.  My company is sworn to charge you exactly what we pay for freight.  No Hidden or Handling Charges.  Plus I have the LOWEST PRICES.

WEB SITE COMING SOON!!!!!!!!

Ponyboy

aliveon2legs

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 07, 2009, 01:12:15 pm
Wish I would've read this thread sooner.  I have a couple of items on order that so far have taken about 2 1/2 weeks.  I'm pretty sure their arcade website that I bought from was www.arcadeemulation.net but I can't find it anymore.  www.kidsplaythings.cc is still there though.  Anyone know anything about this?  I guess I'll order the rest of my parts from TheRealBobRoberts.com like someone said but I really hate that they don't take credit cards.  Mailing payments is really a pain for me.

retroCool

• Offline Offline
They're at arcadeemulator.net and unfortunately, they're still online.

I'm STILL waiting for them to send me the corrected order.  I sent it back to them the first of February, they received it on the third, and here it is ten days later and I still don't have it.

I sent an email complaint to happ controls letting them know there's a major problem with one of their suppliers, but have not heard back from them yet.  I sure hope Happ doesn't condone this type of #$!& from a reseller.  It makes them look bad as well.

So far, it has been 44 days since my original order, and I still don't have my parts.    ???

I also can't get Gary, the owner, to answer my emails.  He actually had the nerve to tell me that I'm rude because I told him his delivery was slow (it took 11 days to get my initial order.  That's in addition to the 10 days they claimed it took my payment to get to them, so I waited 21 days in all) and that he sent me the wrong parts. So now he won't answer my emails anymore.   Yeah, I'm rude because he can't do business in a professional manner.  Go figure.

He also said he won't do business with me anymore.  LOL  No kidding.  I hope he doesn't do business with anyone else anymore, either. 
« Last Edit: February 14, 2005, 12:31:56 pm by retroCool »

Zero_Hour

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 17, 2022, 12:45:37 pm
  • Enjoying the irony of taking games seriously
If he keeps selling Nintendo ROMS and using their artwork on his site, he may very well be out of business quick.

No company seems to pusure IP issues like the big N.

From the arcadeemulator site:
One of the largest & most complete rom collection on the net! *** I am Paypal Verfied*** We offer MAME,Sega Genesis, SMS, Neo-Geo, Tosec, Amiga, Commodore 64 & many more. Roms Disclaimer This is a non-profit service. We offer roms from obsolete machines to fellow computer enthusiasts for a reimbursement of supplies. That is it! All these roms are not commercially available and haven
"Paradise, is exactly like where you are right now - only much, MUCH better." -Laurie Anderson

retroCool

• Offline Offline
Yeah, I just wish I did read that beforehand....  Day 46 and still no sign of my top-fire joysticks.

romperwomb

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 24, 2023, 06:07:43 pm
  • Plick!
Their eBay BIN prices are very tempting...but after reading this thread - I'll look elsewhere.

If he keeps selling Nintendo ROMS and using their artwork on his site, he may very well be out of business quick

The Big N Speaks: http://www.nintendo.com/corp/legal.jsp

How Do I Report Potential Infringements to Nintendo Products?

To report ROM sites, emulators, Game Copiers, Counterfeit manufacturing, or other illegal activities, please call us at 1-800-255-3700 or e-mail us at piracyscene@noa.nintendo.com

Does anyone know what exactly is on the "free gift" CD he includes with auctions?  Not implying anything...just curious.

JODY

• Offline Offline
There are 2 options for the bonus discs.  One is a version of Mame compiled just for your PC.

The other is a so called bonus disc.  I got that one but nothing on there I didn't already have.  It has artwork, cabinets, cpanel, flyers, snap, and title directories.

retroCool

• Offline Offline
I just saw an arcadeemulator.net banner on http://www.retroblast.com/.

I emailed Kevin over there to let him know what these guys are all about.  Wouldn't be able to live with myself to see an innocent person's reputation get tarnished by recommending a bad seller, now could I?

retroCool

• Offline Offline
Hey guys!  I just found his phone number!

918-357-3144   His full name is Gary Thompson.

At least this is what I found listed somewhere I won't mention in case he reads this...  I can't call right now since it's 2am, and I'm thinking this is a business number. (I found his home address and phone number too, but I'm not that crass to publish it on the internet  ;) )

This is for all of you who wanted to complain to him via voice but couldn't.

Be quick before he changes it!

retroCool

Chris

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 21, 2019, 04:59:49 pm
    • Chris's MAME Cabinet
« Reply #71 on: February 22, 2005, 09:09:05 am »
I like that Ebay allows for feedback, but dislike the way the system works.
--Chris
DOSCab/WinCab Jukebox: http://www.dwjukebox.com

RayB

• I'm not wearing pants! HA!
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 31, 2024, 12:42:45 am
  • There's my post
    • RayB.com
« Reply #72 on: February 22, 2005, 10:17:53 am »
...and the buttons were cheap, poorly made, flat-topped (not concave) Chinese JAMMA knockoffs.

I think you meant 'SANWA' knock-offs. No such thing as a "jamma" button.
NO MORE!!