Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Careful of 'www-kidsplaythings-cc ' E-bay seller, lied to me about shipping...  (Read 8810 times)

exibar

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 28, 2022, 01:42:35 am
  • I'm the creator of Exibar's Lair!
I just wanted to give averyone a heads up about this E-Bay seller named "www-kidsplaythings-cc ".  Two weeks ago I asked them to give me a quote for a 3" trackball, an orange button (just one), and a mounting plate for the trackball.

Their quote was pretty good, so I told them that I"ll place the order.  They asked me what color track ball I wanted and sent me a list.  I chose blue transluscent, and sent payment, $86.80 total including shipping.

Two days went by and I asked if my order had shipped and that I'd like to have it for the weekend (this was Monday night that I asked).  They said that they didn't have any blue translucent trackballs in stock but they have a USB version for $24 more in blue, but the harness version won't be in stock for 4 days.
   I replied back to cancel my order and refund my PayPal payment.  Well, all of a sudden she says that they picked my order ealier that day and it is in packaging and will be shipped that night.  I figured OK, at least it's shipping tonight,  I'll have it on Friday the latest, perfect to install during the weekend.

Well, 7 days go by and I'm sondering where my order is so I e-mail them again, remember they told me it was going to ship that other Monday night.  I get a form letter response from Stamps.com saying that my order has just shipped, and will take 2 - 9 days because it went out media mail!
   I was upset and e-mailed them back asking why it wasn't shipped out when they said it was going to be, etc etc.  They send back a repsonse saying that all their auctions state shipping will take 5 - 7 days to ship or something to that fact.
   First off, my order wasn't even an e-bay auction, second they mention saving money as the reason to ship via Media mail...and that media mail takes 3 - 5 days, another LIE.  Right on the message that STAMPS.COM sent me stated that media mail takes 2 - 9 days to arrive!

Well, to make a long story short (I know too late) I'm still waiting for my order.  Since placing that order with kidsplaythings, I've placed an order with Ultimarc and receive that 3 days after placing the order.... and Ultimarc is in the United Kingdome!  

So, the moral of the story is, if you want your items to arrive within normal shipping times, DO NOT ORDER from kidsplaythings on E-bay or their website....

If my track ball arrives damaged Its going to be heck to pay for www-kidsplaythings-cc .....shipping media mail and 7 days after promissed is just totally unacceptable to me.  I wish it was an auction so I could leave them negative feedback.

Sorry for the rant, but I just wanted to give everyone a warning about them, hopefully my trackball will arrive in one piece.  Even if it does I certainly will never recommend them nor order from them again.

I should have ordered the trackball from HAPP and paid the $90 for the darned thing... I'd have it by now!

Mike B

Edit note:  had their name slightly wrong, made change to reflect actual name
« Last Edit: August 29, 2004, 10:11:21 pm by exibar »

tapnout

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 17, 2010, 02:09:20 pm
  • I'm a llama!
Re:Careful of 'kidsplaythings' E-bay seller, lied to me about shipping...
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2004, 02:10:10 pm »
I had the exact same problem with them. I did recieve all my products but guess how long it took for it to finally arrive? almost 1 month! Yeah i was pretty pist off but i'm happy i got everything i ordered. I don't think i'll be doing busines with them anymore for that reason.
That's funny you mentioned ultimarc. Because i also ordered an ipac three weeks after ordering from kidsplaythings and still got the ipac first. Anyway good luck with your order. I'm sure you'll get it. Just a question of when.

Justin Z

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 15, 2024, 10:53:05 am
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2004, 03:37:01 pm »
Exibar,

If you want to get a little revenge you should bring the package to the post office and indicate to them that they shipped non-media mail items via media mail, and they'll be billed for additional postage.

The Post Office is getting really pissed off at people using media mail for things it's not intended for.  So they'll be happy to hear the story from you.

~Justin

dek

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 10, 2011, 01:23:33 am
  • Banana Cognac!
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2004, 03:40:39 pm »
Report em to the USPS. Media mail is for books, videos, audio, etc. Using it for anything but that I believe is considered fraud.

https://www.usps.com/postalinspectors/fraud/MailFraudComplaint.htm

Complaint would fall under the Merchandise or Service - Misrepresentation of Product/Service.

JackTucky

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 04, 2021, 12:00:58 pm
  • Soon I will post that I am a triathalete
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2004, 04:02:24 pm »
Report em to the USPS. Media mail is for books, videos, audio, etc. Using it for anything but that I believe is considered fraud.

Complaint would fall under the Merchandise or Service - Misrepresentation of Product/Service.

Oooh!  Do it do it!

Art
Well, that's where we go a-ridin' into town, a whampin' and whompin' every livin' thing that moves within an inch of its life. Except the women folks, of course.

paigeoliver

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 29, 2022, 06:10:15 pm
  • Awesome face!
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2004, 04:07:35 pm »
Hee hee. I must piss everyone off when I sell things as I always take 1 or 2 weeks to post anything. Busy work schedule often makes it difficult to make it to the post office during working hours.
Acceptance of Zen philosophy is marred slightly by the nagging thought that if all things are interconnected, then all things must be in some way involved with Pauly Shore.

SteveJ34

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 06, 2024, 12:29:40 am
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2004, 04:36:18 pm »
Exibar,

If you want to get a little revenge you should bring the package to the post office and indicate to them that they shipped non-media mail items via media mail, and they'll be billed for additional postage.

The Post Office is getting really pissed off at people using media mail for things it's not intended for.  So they'll be happy to hear the story from you.

~Justin

I agree wholeheartedly with this approach.

I operate a couple of businesses of which one utilizes various forms of USPS for regular shipping of books and other media mail.

At one point in our history, we had a looseleaf book shrinkwrapped so the end user could insert in a notebook. Based on the fact that is was not "bound", we had to ship at the higher rate.

If I gotta play by the rules, everyone else should too.

If reported, they will address it with the shipper and depending how they tender packages, have the potential to be liable for more  than just your package.

Touche'.

« Last Edit: August 29, 2004, 04:37:18 pm by SteveJ34 »

MonitorGuru

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 05, 2005, 11:29:43 pm
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2004, 07:50:55 pm »
I agree 100% Take the package to the post office when you receive it, dont open it until in front of them and state you'd like to file a mail fraud complaint and want the supervisor there to witness the package opening.

I am SICK of paying $15 for "priority" shipments on ebay, then only to receive my item shipped for $4 via Media Mail about 3 weeks later. The seller then states they never stated "Priority Mail service" just priority in shipping your package.

As a seller myself paying about 2x as much in shipping in 2004 as I did in 2000, I'm sick and tired of these people abusing the system.

BTW--your items could have been bought from the 100% reliable TheRealBobRoberts.com for right around the same price...  I never deal with the ebay sellers if Bob has it, he gets my money even if a little bit more expensive (usually however he is the cheapest)

exibar

• Offline Offline
I'm going to have to think about this....  I'm not one for getting revenge, it's bad karma, no I'm not a "tree hugger" I just believe that you get what you give,  Karma for lack of a better word... BUT I'm all for someone who wronged me getting their just desserts.

I will follow up with the Post Office and see what can be done.  I have the whole chain of e-mails in which they finally told me (after I sent an angry letter), that they "ship these heavy items media mail which takes 3 to 5 days".

My wife just told me that she'll even go down to the PO if they want to see the package being opened with a PO employee as a witness.  She loves the idea of them getting charged the difference.  I do too, even if it's only a couple bucks, it's the principle of the thing, ya know.

I was actually weary of posting a message about them too, but I really wanted to let everyone know my dealings with them so no one else gets lied to by them.  I'm glad I did post though :-)

Mike B

« Last Edit: August 29, 2004, 10:11:56 pm by exibar »

Troz

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 08, 2010, 11:30:30 am
    • Twisted Rails
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2004, 09:08:18 pm »
My package was sent out via media mail too just a few days ago.  I was fuming when I got the email since I paid more for shipping than the media mail cost.  Hopefully everything that I ordered will arrive so I don't have to deal with this seller anymore and I hope the same for you exibar.  Perhaps I too will make a compaint with the post office...

exibar

• Offline Offline
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2004, 09:27:11 pm »
I'm about 99% sure that I will file a complaint with the post office.  I think you should too.  The more "evidence" against these liers and cheats the better to make them realize that they just can't go around lieing to people.

you know something, I read their feedback on e-bay, especially the nuetral and negatives that they had.  They all said the same thing, poor shipping.  I figured that they said that they shipped out that night, so what's the big deal.  I thought that those people just never followed up.

But, what really made me think, was the Nuetral feedback that they got.  All the nuetral feedback that they got, was due to very slow shipping times and the like.  That's not the part that made me wonder though, for every neutral feedback that they got, they left the buyer NEGATIVE feedback...  who in the heck leaves someone negative feedback because they received neutral?  A dishonest person that's who...  I should have listened to my instinct and ran away from those people yelling, screaming and arms flailing....

If yours was an e-bay auction, complain to e-bay about them shipping media mail AND complain to the post office.  I'm filing that report tomorrow, absolutely now.  I've made up my mind....

Mike B

paigeoliver

• Offline Offline
  • Awesome face!
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2004, 09:53:03 pm »
Um, are you sure you have the name right?

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws1/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=kidsplaythings

0 feedback given or received.
Acceptance of Zen philosophy is marred slightly by the nagging thought that if all things are interconnected, then all things must be in some way involved with Pauly Shore.

spiffyshoes

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 20, 2015, 01:24:46 pm
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2004, 10:04:41 pm »
Yeah,
   My package was sent out via media mail too.  It took about a month for it to get here.  I was afraid of leaving neutral feed back after seeing that they responded with negative feedback.  If you guys are going to report them I think I will too.

spiffyshoes

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 20, 2015, 01:24:46 pm
« Last Edit: August 29, 2004, 10:09:45 pm by spiffyshoes »

exibar

• Offline Offline
Um, are you sure you have the name right?

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws1/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=kidsplaythings

0 feedback given or received.

ahhh, their e-bay name is www-kidsplaythings-cc

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws1/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=www-kidsplaythings-cc&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:SFS

I'll go back and edit my post to reflect the cheater's real name

Mike B
« Last Edit: August 29, 2004, 10:14:29 pm by exibar »

dirt

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 24, 2023, 11:06:57 pm
oohhh crap, i just bought a monitor bezel from them the other day and i need it to finish off a game. i dont know if i can wait a month for it.

dirt
WANTED: NINTENDO CABINETS WORKING OR NOT

MonitorGuru

• Offline Offline
Oh and I have NOTHING against people making a profit on shipping (if it's too much I just don't bid) but if they say $10 fixed shipping anywhere in US for UPS, I don't personally care if they paid $4.80 because they are a business and are in the next state, or $8.50 because they are across the country and had to take it to the UPS store..) I all too well know about the extra costs of packing materials, driving and time to stand in lines to ship.

But what I do have a problem with are people who lie by saying they'll ship one way and then ship another (e.g. I pay for Priority Mail and they ship for 30% less via Parcel Post) or the ones that flagrantly(sp?) commit mail fraud by abusing Media Mail by shipping stuff that does not constitute media mail.

Heck, I used to sell Atari 2600 game cartridges and my post office REFUSED to let me ship them media mail because they wern't on a re-recordable "media", even though other post offices supposedly allow any game cartridge.  (Mine claims media == tape, floppy, cd, dvd; but not electronic chips encased in plastic).   So I had to charge $4 shipping for 2 via Priority mail, while others could charge $4 shipping and send them for $1.30 via Media Mail and making huge profits with 1 cent opening bids on their items.  Naturally, I could no longer sell atari games on ebay due to the fact I was loosing money on every item and instead sold them at rummage sales for $1.50 each to much happier customers!

So all of you people must file complaints with the post office and ensure this seller stops abusing you as customers and the post office as well. In the end it only means those of us following the rules are forced to pay higher and higher Priority Mail rates, like the near doubling of them in the last 5 years.

MasTequila

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 13, 2004, 12:07:53 pm
  • I'm a llama! Here me roar!
    • GameTruth
After reading some of that guys feedback I think complaining to the post office is in order.  

One guy left a neutral saying he waited 24 days for a shipment and they came back at him with a negitive saying it takes 7-14 which is odd because he said it was 24 and had dates to back it up, so last time I checked 14<24.  Anyway if he is commiting mail fraud like that, burn him, he deserves it.

~Mas

exibar

• Offline Offline
I WILL be filing a complaint when my package finally arrives.  I hope that everyone else that was lied to by these guys files a complaint as well.

Mike B

Justin Z

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 15, 2024, 10:53:05 am
Exibar,

The other beauty about reporting them is that you can tell the Post Office that it seems like the seller is doing this on a regular basis.  Depending on the kind of system the seller has set up with the Post Office (there is a special thing you can sign up for on the internet so you can do your shipping at home), the Post Office might have records for ALL the shipments he's done if he's signed up with them.

That would mean that with evidence from you and a few other disgruntled buyers, they may be able to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that every package this seller has sent out Media Mail should have been sent first class.  In that case, not only would he have to pay the additional shipping on your item, he'd have to go back and pay it on every item he'd ever fraudulently shipped.  I really hope that's how it turns out, because this sort of abuse is a joke.

~Justin

exibar

• Offline Offline
Re:Careful of 'www-kidsplaythings-cc ' E-bay seller, lied to me about shipping
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2004, 12:50:21 pm »
oohhh crap, i just bought a monitor bezel from them the other day and i need it to finish off a game. i dont know if i can wait a month for it.
dirt

Did you ever get your bezel in?

Mike B

itismejs

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 29, 2012, 05:25:43 pm
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2004, 02:04:02 pm »
I have an email where john admits he ships t-modling via parcel post because "its heavy"

dirt

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 24, 2023, 11:06:57 pm
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2004, 02:10:30 pm »
dirt

Did you ever get your bezel in?

Mike B

nope its not here yet. and i really need it!!!

dirt
WANTED: NINTENDO CABINETS WORKING OR NOT

exibar

• Offline Offline
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2004, 04:13:20 pm »
here's a link to the USPS fraud online form again, it only takes a second to fill out....  They'll be fined $500 per instance of mail fraud I believe.  That includes mailing non-media items via media mail....

Mike B

PS

Has anyone that has filed a fraud alert received word back from the USPS yet?  Has anyone else filed a complaint with them?  just curious....

itismejs

• Offline Offline
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2004, 04:58:27 pm »
Where does it say what you can and cannot mail via parcel post?

exibar

• Offline Offline
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2004, 05:44:58 pm »
I think you can send anything via parcel post, just not media mail.  

Mike B

itismejs

• Offline Offline
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2004, 06:15:04 pm »
I no understand anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!

exibar

• Offline Offline
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2004, 08:32:02 pm »
Media Mail is different than Parcel Post.  Media Mail is cheaper, but takes the same amount of time as parcel post.

Media Mail is just for MEDIA, books, magazines, video tapes, DVD's CD's audio tapes, etc.  NOT for consumer goods like electronics, computers, pens, pencils, etc....

itismejs

• Offline Offline
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2004, 09:47:18 pm »
So he said he shipped it parcel post it that a lie?

monkeybomb

• PM me to find out how to get a custom title like mine!
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 03, 2018, 07:16:29 pm
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2004, 10:28:47 pm »
If it came media mail, then his pants are in fact on fire.

Troz

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 08, 2010, 11:30:30 am
    • Twisted Rails
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2004, 12:35:29 am »
I'm waiting on some missing parts from my package and I don't want to think about how long it's going to be before I receive them.  Once I finally do I will be sending in my complaint.

daywane

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 05:48:01 pm
  • GRRRR!
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2004, 03:04:03 pm »
I recieved a playstation dual player arcade CP
I paid alot of cash for shipping. It 2months to show up and came media mail. I complained to the post office.
Our postmaster said tuff.  not his exact words to put it short Tuff >:(

AlanS17

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 02, 2019, 08:35:48 am
  • I won't even pretend to be clever...
    • AlanS17
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2004, 03:55:22 pm »
In the comments on this dude's account, one mentions they paid full shipping price and received the item via media mail. There's written evidence right there. I'd say that's enough to warrant further investigation. I hope someone keeps records of this stuff.

You can tell how angry that guy gets when someone leaves neatral or negative feedback. They reply in all caps and angry words and lots of exclamation marks. It's hard to take those comments seriously.

Winning small items at $10 per person, we could plan to put this person out of business with all the mail fraud claims.  :-X

paigeoliver

• Offline Offline
  • Awesome face!
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2004, 04:57:06 pm »
A long time ago in a galaxy far away I was an ebay seller doing hundreds of transactions per month. Some guy bought a CD from me for like 11 cents. Turns out it had a scratch on it. Rather than contact me to get his $3.50 back he instead registered a dozen  bogus accounts and started winning everything I tried to sell and then either leaving negative feedback or simply not paying (sniping them all too, so I couldn't even cancel all the zero feedback bids). This and he went out of his way to contact EVERYONE I had sold anything to and encouraged them to leave negative feedback.

He followed me through 3 accounts and cost me literally thousands of dollars (he just kept finding me, which was rather easy since almost all I sold was CDs and Nes carts). Ebay wouldn't do anything because they are ebay, and he was a minor in Canada. It was like I had no recourse.

I am not suggesting anything, simply pointing out that a single person can ruin anyone's ebay account.

AlanS17

• Offline Offline
    • AlanS17
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2004, 05:00:49 pm »
Well I'm neither that ambitious nor that vindictive.

vader

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 23, 2022, 12:22:08 pm
  • I can't breathe in this thing !!
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2004, 05:47:18 pm »
Guess I should let you know my experience also, although not nearly as bad as others.  Purchased a Happ 3" translucent TB USB.  Contacted seller through email before purchasing requesting blue as he stated in the auction he had that available also and also wanted to purchase a mounting plate.  He told me to ad the the cost of the plate into the shipping, was like 11 bucks or something.  I immediately PP the payment to him.  Well, took like 12 days to ship, naturally, didn't see that 7-14 day disclaimer ( I'm guessing he buys from Happs when you buy from him, note the long delay ).  Well receive the item USPS, honestly can't recall whether it was media or standard (  I could track online, don't know if that helps ).  Received the ball in good condition, but not the blue one.....I like blue dammit.....red looked good anyhow.  Now all that was no big deal, but what bothered me was the email that stated,  " Leave me positive feedback and I will do the same for you "  in other words, he wants to see what you say about him say he can decide how to type about you.

Even though everything went relatively smooth, that just left a sour taste in my mouth and I won't buy from her/him again, especially after this thread.

Tim

AlanS17

• Offline Offline
    • AlanS17
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2004, 06:06:06 pm »
Guess I should let you know my experience also, although not nearly as bad as others.  Purchased a Happ 3" translucent TB USB.  Contacted seller through email before purchasing requesting blue as he stated in the auction he had that available also and also wanted to purchase a mounting plate.  He told me to ad the the cost of the plate into the shipping, was like 11 bucks or something.  I immediately PP the payment to him.  Well, took like 12 days to ship, naturally, didn't see that 7-14 day disclaimer ( I'm guessing he buys from Happs when you buy from him, note the long delay ).  Well receive the item USPS, honestly can't recall whether it was media or standard (  I could track online, don't know if that helps ).  Received the ball in good condition, but not the blue one.....I like blue dammit.....red looked good anyhow.  Now all that was no big deal, but what bothered me was the email that stated,  " Leave me positive feedback and I will do the same for you "  in other words, he wants to see what you say about him say he can decide how to type about you.

Even though everything went relatively smooth, that just left a sour taste in my mouth and I won't buy from her/him again, especially after this thread.

Tim

I certainly wouldn't want a ring wraith mad at me.

MonitorGuru

• Offline Offline
« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2004, 08:04:42 pm »
I recieved a playstation dual player arcade CP
I paid alot of cash for shipping. It 2months to show up and came media mail. I complained to the post office.
Our postmaster said tuff.  not his exact words to put it short Tuff >:(
You obviously failed to make it clear to said postmaster the issue about abuse of Media Mail.

You're complaint was probably about TIME for media mail. THe post office likes to say 1 week for media mail, when in actuality it takes 10-14 days typically, but many times 28 - 45 days from what I've seen.  THey were probably thinking you were complaining about the time media took, NOT the fact that you bought hardware items that arn't media and the seller shipped them illegally via media mail.

Go back and point this out to your postmaster... they'll care then!

roybfr

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 05, 2004, 01:50:44 pm
« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2004, 02:09:34 pm »
Geezz wish I would have read this thread 3 weeks ago. I unfortunaatly bought a monitor bezel from him/her. I saw the 7 to 14 days, but figured if I paid right away they would make a little effort to get it out sooner. Well that was not the case.

I emailed them on the 10th day just to see if it had shipped, got an email restating the 7 to 14 days, but that the item had shipped and to still leave possitive feedback. Well the week goes buy and no bezel well last friday I get yet another email stating that the item has shipped and to still leave positive feedback. When the thing finally gets here, and if I see it has been sent media main I am making a trip to the PO, as in my experiance they will charge them back the proper shipping costs.

I am going to bite the bullet and give him negative feedback, even thought I  know that he will do the same.

TheTick

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 21, 2009, 12:24:27 pm
  • I.P. Daley
« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2004, 02:23:52 pm »
I am going to bite the bullet and give him negative feedback, even thought I  know that he will do the same.

There is a neat trick for that. You have 90 days to leave feedback. Use your calendar and caculate the last hour or so to leave feedback. He can post a response to the feedback you left, but will have missed the window to leave retailitory feedback for you.
Mucal invader, is there no end to your oozing?!