Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: WHICH MAME GAMES ARE BEST FOR PARTIES? TAPPER, PACMAN, WHAT OTHER GOOD GAMES??  (Read 14663 times)

marknetwork

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 08, 2011, 02:17:19 pm
  • arcade building can be frustrating...
    • MarkNetwork.com
ya man perfect description!  ill add that note to the list :)
------------
Great people talk about ideas; ordinary people talk about things; small-minded people talk about other people.
------------

<a href="http://www.windowvideos.com">WINDOWVIDEOS.COM</a> - Ambient Video Experiences

Tecil

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 08, 2004, 07:09:46 pm
    • Binary Bliss
We've been playing NBA Jam a bunch lately when the friends are over.  The only downside is that I only have a 2player layout so they have to be on the same team.  Unless someone knows how to make it so you can play against one another...

TalkingOctopus

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 06, 2023, 03:39:02 am
  • @!#?@!
    • My Arcade
We've been playing NBA Jam a bunch lately when the friends are over.  The only downside is that I only have a 2player layout so they have to be on the same team.  Unless someone knows how to make it so you can play against one another...

Remap the player 2 controls to player 3 controls just for NBA JAM.

Thread Killer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2008, 12:24:13 am
  • I'm a llama!

Check the dipswitches through MAME's tab menu. An option for a 2-player cabinet can be found there.

mr.Curmudgeon

• It's going to hurt your brain. A lot.
  • Wiki Master
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 11, 2021, 07:15:49 pm
  • Huzzah!
sounds very weinerfest to me having a party of all guys...

I prefer the term "Sausage Party"....

marknetwork

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 08, 2011, 02:17:19 pm
  • arcade building can be frustrating...
    • MarkNetwork.com
HAHAHA yeah forgot about that one.  wienerfest or sausage party either one is BAD.  bad bad.  married or not your wife should have some friends too.  lol ;)
------------
Great people talk about ideas; ordinary people talk about things; small-minded people talk about other people.
------------

<a href="http://www.windowvideos.com">WINDOWVIDEOS.COM</a> - Ambient Video Experiences

mr.Curmudgeon

• It's going to hurt your brain. A lot.
  • Wiki Master
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 11, 2021, 07:15:49 pm
  • Huzzah!
Another interesting game for parties...if you're willing to help instruct people is "Ganbare Ginkun". It's all in Japanese, but the challenges are pretty fun to figure out and a total blast to play once you know what to do. One of the "challenges" involves you as a baby cherub trying to aim your "pee" in order to put out a fuse and stop of bomb from detonation. From what I can gather from the animations, it looks like the whole point of the game is to impress girls with your skill or something.

It's an *INSANE* kinda game, but that's the sort of stuff I like. My friends and I have a strange sense of humor.