Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: TwistyGrip Yoke and SB AWE64 ISA Card  (Read 1474 times)

The Man

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 27, 2009, 03:41:49 pm
  • I'm easy like Sunday mornin!
TwistyGrip Yoke and SB AWE64 ISA Card
« on: August 29, 2002, 06:04:06 pm »
I have made a TwistyGrip Yoke and using it with Win98se and a SoundBlaster AWE64 ISA sound card that I'm running in DOS.  I ran into a problem the other day where the controller had been shocked by static electricity and now the Joy button 3 is stuck on.  I guess PVC doesn't ground very well, who would have figured :)

My problem is this:
I purchased a new SoundBlaster Live PCI sound card and now the crosshair jumps around the screen (not much, about in an inch in either direction, but enough to make it hard to play games) and I can't get the sensitivity set correctly.

Can anyone tell me a good PCI card to use that won't have these issues?  I had one suggestion from a friend who said, "The SoundBlaster Live is a windows card, and just emulated DOS drivers and that could be the problem".  I could try a windows version of MAME, but I was trying to stay with DOS version so my two trackballs will work for Marble Madness.

Thanks in advance,
TM
« Last Edit: August 29, 2002, 08:31:11 pm by The Man »

cdbrown

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 16, 2017, 09:52:03 pm
  • Bowowow
Re:TwistyGrip Yoke and SB AWE64 ISA Card
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2002, 02:33:39 am »
The Man,

Tyr the windows version of MAME.  You can always use the DOS version when you want to play games that require 2 trackballs.  That's what I'll be doing.  Run the majority under win98 in either mame or mame32 then for the odd games that require both trackballs go for mamedos.

Just try it and see, if it's too much of a problem then maybe you might need to go back to AWE64

Cheers
-cdbrown

Davestar

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 31, 2013, 01:55:36 pm
Re:TwistyGrip Yoke and SB AWE64 ISA Card
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2002, 08:34:58 am »
How about an AWE128 at http://www.l-buy.com/showitem.asp?item=SB-awe64v or an AWE64 at http://www.liquidationetc.com/13/15150.htm?346.  

Please note I have no affiliation with either company and also, I have never purchased from either company, so I have no idea how good of service they will give.  I would check their return policies and then make my own judgement as to which if any I would do business with.

--Dave