Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Will the Act-Lab guns work with a TV?  (Read 1756 times)

Banacek

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 08, 2017, 05:01:31 pm
Will the Act-Lab guns work with a TV?
« on: August 28, 2002, 12:21:15 pm »
I'm using a tv in my cab, so I was just wondering. I'm guessing no on this one since it has to be connected to the video card through the  vga port.

Bursar

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 14, 2005, 06:57:07 am
  • I'm a llama!
Re:Will the Act-Lab guns work with a TV?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2002, 12:23:27 pm »
According to the Act-Labs website, it won't work with a TV.

They are bringing out a seperate version of the gun that will work with a TV (but probably won't work with a monitor).

Banacek

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 08, 2017, 05:01:31 pm
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2002, 12:32:13 pm »
Has anyone heard of using the Guncon with a cabinet? I think this might be possible, but do I need to hook it up through the parallel port or can I just use my usb/psx adapter?

Lilwolf

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 31, 2022, 10:26:34 pm
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2002, 02:09:14 pm »
The official response was that they would have to double the amount of optics in the gun... and they would love one that would work in both... but they would have had to increase the price considerably.

And after all that... they didn't think to many would use it on both... so they will do another product (if they get enough responses).

So if you want one, email them and ask if they are selling one... and after they say no, ask if they are taking preorders yet... this usually gets companies to start looking at actually delivering a product.