Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Colecovision in an arcade cabinet?  (Read 2042 times)

psdcc

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 27, 2005, 08:49:14 am
  • I'm a llama!
Colecovision in an arcade cabinet?
« on: August 27, 2002, 11:48:36 am »
I have an old colecovision and I want to put it in an arcade cabinet.  My problem?  I have no idea how to build the joystick console and get it to work with the colecovision.  I've got skills on the woodworking side of things but not on the wiring.  I can't find any websites that explains what I want to do (And I'm not sure how well I'm explaining it now).  Anyway, if anyone has done this, knows of someone who has done this, or has a website they could refer me to, I'd greatly appreciate it.  

Cheers
Arthur

Dave_K.

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 06, 2022, 03:27:30 pm
    • Arcade Fever
Re:Colecovision in an arcade cabinet?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2002, 02:48:33 pm »
Well you are already on the correct site.  Check out the Controls and Wiring section of the site for building the arcade control panel (buttons/switches/joysticks).  And then checkout the Interfaces section for how people hack PC gamepads (which is similar to console joypads which use ground based contacts).  Note: you will most likely be deystroying the colecovision's joypads in doing this.  I haven't seen anyone hack a colecovision for arcade controls (rather primative since these games are emulated quite easily on a PC).

-Dave

CD_Vision

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 23, 2010, 10:01:56 am
  • Link sez it all
    • CD_Vision's Arcade Controls
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2002, 05:05:07 pm »
The info I have about PSX and DC controllers is probably extremely similiar to how Coleco game controllers work. Have a look.

http://www.darkravenwind.com/cdvision/arcade.htm

lightspeed

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 26, 2016, 07:48:35 pm
  • I want to Build My Own Arcade Controls!!
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2002, 05:32:36 pm »
What about a Coleco emulator instead?  All the games are available, and their doggone accurate...

psdcc

• Offline Offline
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2002, 08:36:02 pm »

What about a Coleco emulator instead?  All the games are available, and their doggone accurate...

I'd try the emulator but I have no idea where to get the roms for the games I have.

psdcc

• Offline Offline
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2002, 08:39:01 pm »

I'd try the emulator, but I can't figure out where to get ROMS for the games I have.

Thanks to CD_Vision for the website.  It definitely goes in my faves.