Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Good arcade type games for the PS ??  (Read 3010 times)

aust_txv

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 14, 2011, 02:55:31 pm
  • Yes Dear, one more game of Mr. Do ...
Good arcade type games for the PS ??
« on: August 26, 2002, 04:34:21 pm »
Hi,
In adding muitiple systems to my cab, I am looking for more games for the playstation one system.  Can I you all for help generating a list ?  I am looking for a list of games that were translated well to the playstation one.  Like "Tekken3."  Plain old fun games that would work in the arcade control scheme would be ok as well.  Try not to list games MAME or another system handles better...for example, the SEGA SATURN version of Xmen vs. Street Fighter (JAP) is light years ahead of the Playstation version.

Tekken 3
Soul Edge
Guilty Gear

Thanks,

TV

Personal Log Day 342 ... Still testing my cab. Mr.Do continues to plague me, but the "Pheonix Smash" is automatic. I hear voices "Add a spinner and four-way and your journey will be

SNAAAKE

• -Banned-
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 21, 2004, 03:44:18 am
  • Banned for abusive postings.
Re:Good arcade type games for the PS ??
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2002, 12:52:01 pm »
WHY not get a dreamcast...that has like the best games ever.arcade style of course...as for ps...not much new.seriouslly....i dont myself playing lots or PS game in my cab these days..there are better games out.

aust_txv

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 14, 2011, 02:55:31 pm
  • Yes Dear, one more game of Mr. Do ...
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2002, 02:58:09 pm »
Snaaake,  did I spell that correctly??

I have a Dreamcast and I agree 1000% the Dreamcast has some great arcade type games...I have them all minus Capcom vs. SNK 2 (JAP)...not all but quite a collection of good titles.  PS2 and Saturn also...

My post concerning games for the PS1 that are good translations for that system...ie Tekken 3  (BTW the Bleem! version for Dreamcast is nice and worth the $7.99)

Is it worth it to have a PS1 attached in my cab ?
Besides Tekken 2-3 are there other good translations I should pick up ?  

Thanks,

Tom
Personal Log Day 342 ... Still testing my cab. Mr.Do continues to plague me, but the "Pheonix Smash" is automatic. I hear voices "Add a spinner and four-way and your journey will be

SNAAAKE

• -Banned-
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2002, 04:05:20 pm »
nahh....nothing arcadey for psx anyways

but get a ps2 if you can..every penny worth it..you get to play metal gear solid 2(best game ever).and tekken 4 and v f 4 is cool and there are other ps2 games thats fun to play..there are many if you count.you can also watch dvd in your cab using ps2.its only $200 these days.

MK

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 18, 2021, 05:34:16 pm
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2002, 01:40:33 am »
There are a lot of "arcadey" games for PSX... I recommend the following:

Gradius Gaiden
Raiden Project (Raiden & Raiden II)
Mortal Kombat Trilogy
Ridge Racer
Time Crisis
Bishi Bashi 3

SNAAAKE

• -Banned-
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2002, 02:52:24 pm »
Breakout(a game)

Is one of the coolest game ever...

R-type delta
time crisis project titans
point blank 1,2,3
area 51
crypt killer
AND OH YES.....raidan project. ;DLOVE ;D this game.

SirPoonga

• Puck'em Up
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 12, 2023, 09:22:35 pm
  • The Bears Still Suck!
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2002, 04:32:21 pm »
There's alot of simple (and initially stupid) looking japanese games, but are great button mashers.  Incredible crisis is very very funny, and it's just skilled button mashing, like virtua athlete on the dc.  Incredible Crisis is a game the you button mash to get this guy through his worst day ever.  Starts out interesting, kinda like DDR, the dude is at his office and they are goin to do morning stretches to much.  But then, across the street they are putting up a statue of Atlas.  The globe falls and starts rolling through the building, you have to button mash to get the guy out.  Then you are trapped going down in the elevator while the globe is falling down the shaft, you hav eto button mash to avoid falling debris.  Very funny game, especially the quiz section when you are in the ambulance and the doctors are asking questions to see if you are still concious.  My fav question is, because it;s funny given the situation and you only have like 5 seconds to andwer.  If a train is going X in this direct (you know how the rest goes)....