Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Eygo 27", what's involved?  (Read 2801 times)

Warborg

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 12:41:41 am
  • Personal text? Nah...
Eygo 27", what's involved?
« on: August 24, 2002, 10:44:17 pm »
Ok, so I'm a noob around here...  I've pretty much got a handle on every aspect of building a cabinet except for one, the video display.  The PC I am using for the emus right now can output Svideo as well as SVGA, so obviously I understand the workings of these methods...  :)

My question is about using these hybrid arcade/vga monitors...  I've seen the auction for the Eygo 27" monitor through ebay, and was considering it as an option.  The question is, what is involved in using this with a PC?  Is it simple a VGA connection, and you have to limit the PC to display 640x480 at 60Hz, or is there more to it then that?  Any input would be appreciated...

This, and the outrageous shipping this person charges, are my stumbling blocks at the moment...  :)

Warborg

• Offline Offline
  • Personal text? Nah...
Re:Eygo 27", what's involved?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2002, 12:25:53 am »
And while I'm at it, seeing as how this is a VGA monitor, will it work with the new Act-Labs lightgun?

SNAAAKE

• -Banned-
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 21, 2004, 03:44:18 am
  • Banned for abusive postings.
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2002, 02:08:51 am »
dont bother with the monitor..its freakin heavy with weirdo metal bracets..which would be very hard to mount..unless you are making a cab that will have the monitor sit..

these monitors are super old brother..

why do you think you cant buy a new one?

he sent me 2 and both broke..i am here local..now imagine if your breaks...there is no way the guy would ever answer your calls or reply any of your emails...so think twice before you take chances. :)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2002, 02:09:49 am by SNAAAKE »

Warborg

• Offline Offline
  • Personal text? Nah...
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2002, 04:42:38 am »
Thanks man...  Didn't really know much about these monitors, and I think that's enough to tell me it's not such a hot idea...

But just for my knowledge base, do these monitors interface directly to the PC, running at 640x480 at 60Hz?

SNAAAKE

• -Banned-
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2002, 02:12:19 pm »
as for the how the monitor looks.>>GREAT GREAT GREAT.
looks all arcadey and everything is very readable..i even used it to surf internet and stuff when i only had 1 computer

110% perfect display..no tearing or anything...and 640x480 is more then enough for these...it dont look like crap when a reguler pc monitor is on 640x480.its great...i got a 19" so look for a new and if you got money..get new 27".

SNAAAKE

• -Banned-
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2002, 02:29:35 am »

These arent "hybrid" monitors, they are just open frame PC ones.

hehehe..malenko,

could you BE more wrong? :P

here is the deal...when you use XP..you will get picture all blocky and jaggy like you were using a pc monitor...

INSTALL EITHER WIN 98,ME,or 2000 RIGHT NOW...

I SAID NOW !!!

you will thank me sooner or later.
Its just not fair to use xp on these monitor.
these are hybrid vga arcade monitor..

i am 100% sure.install win 98 then post the result.

games would look about 110% cleaner and better looking. :)