Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Ignition Switch Review(power button for your cab)  (Read 3884 times)

NIVO

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 08, 2022, 12:32:13 pm
  • danny_galaga is my mail man.
    • N.A.M.E. - arcade cabinet project
Ignition Switch Review(power button for your cab)
« on: August 11, 2004, 06:37:03 pm »
Hello Guys. I purchased this product from Computergeeks.com http://www.compgeeks.com/details.asp?invtid=E-PC-S1-N&cat=CAS about a week ago. I must say its perfect for a arcade cabinet. The cord is approximately 80", all wiring and labeling is of great quality, second to none. Installation consists of simply attaching 4 connectors to your motherboard: power switch, reset switch, and led's for power and hdd. All you'll need is your motherboard booklet or simply look on your motherboard(if printed) to see how your layout works with your particular setup. Your done!, its that simple. I know most of you may think" heck I can hack and do that myself." Yes, agreed, as well as I, and most in here. But I was looking to not spend much time in that area and concentrate on other aspects of my project. This also would be invaluable to the true novice or quite simply someone who was looking for a quick solution to a wiring problem. The price of $9.99($7 shipping) was quite fair in my opinion. Definitely a great addition to any project. Works flawless, reasonable costs, and feature perfect. Does everything I was looking for it to do. I will attach 2 pics showing the scale of this remote switch(along with my fat fingers) and the back of the package that pretty much shows all that is involved. Hope this review finds its way in helping anyone in this hobby. Game On!

NIVO

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 08, 2022, 12:32:13 pm
  • danny_galaga is my mail man.
    • N.A.M.E. - arcade cabinet project
Re:Ignition Switch Review(power button for your cab)
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2004, 06:37:34 pm »
2nd pic

AGGIEZ

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 30, 2017, 05:59:50 pm
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2004, 06:47:19 pm »
Hello Guys. I purchased this product from Computergeeks.com http://www.compgeeks.com/details.asp?invtid=E-PC-S1-N&cat=CAS about a week ago. I must say its perfect for a arcade cabinet. The cord is approximately 80", all wiring and labeling is of great quality, second to none. Installation consists of simply attaching 4 connectors to your motherboard: power switch, reset switch, and led's for power and hdd. All you'll need is your motherboard booklet or simply look on your motherboard(if printed) to see how your layout works with your particular setup. Your done!, its that simple. I know most of you may think" heck I can hack and do that myself." Yes, agreed, as well as I, and most in here. But I was looking to not spend much time in that area and concentrate on other aspects of my project. This also would be invaluable to the true novice or quite simply someone who was looking for a quick solution to a wiring problem. The price of $9.99($7 shipping) was quite fair in my opinion. Definitely a great addition to any project. Works flawless, reasonable costs, and feature perfect. Does everything I was looking for it to do. I will attach 2 pics showing the scale of this remote switch(along with my fat fingers) and the back of the package that pretty much shows all that is involved. Hope this review finds its way in helping anyone in this hobby. Game On!

Doesn't sound so easy for those of us that haven't hacked up our mother boards before. If the installation was easier, I'd be all over it. I just sounds too technical for me..

AmericanDemon

• The Reason the short bus was invented... 100% Slacker Guaranteed, 4:20 yet?
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 22, 2019, 11:08:03 pm
  • Still an AmericanDemon
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2004, 07:02:22 pm »
Not hacking up a motherboard.  Its just literally removing wires from old PC switch and putting this one on.  Its cake.

NinjaEpisode

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 16, 2019, 06:47:45 pm
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2004, 07:32:58 pm »
Not hacking up a motherboard.  Its just literally removing wires from old PC switch and putting this one on.  Its cake.

Yep, all this is, is an extended wiring harness.  Very nice find.  Adding that one to my to buy list.

wrench

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 07, 2011, 05:06:14 pm
  • Another project I couldn't say no to
Re: Ignition Switch Review(power button for your cab)
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2006, 02:11:33 pm »
I suppose it may useful to someone, but it's still nothing more than a switch extension.one that doesn't  appear to mounting friendly for looks.If you have enough computer experience to install this why not just use a $2.00 arcade button and few feet of wire.It mounts and looks better.