Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: dreamcast in cab  (Read 2778 times)

gnateye

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 05, 2011, 11:22:36 am
  • 4 cabs and counting!!!
    • natty's arcade
dreamcast in cab
« on: August 22, 2002, 07:58:54 pm »
alright who has a dreamcast in their cab?

i know im a day late and a dollar short but now i see that i want to add one to mine, there sems to be 3 schools of thought, dc2jamma adapter, controller hack, or buy and xarcade with a dreamcast adapter. i think i will have to go for the controller hack (it'll be my first attempt, but im game) unless someone comes forward justifying the minimum 95$ for a dc2jamma chip. ii dont know i need more info and input which is why i come to you oh mighty sages of the arcade 8)

inundate me with info

the web is somewhat lacking in my googlew searches, ebay has like 13000 items under dreamcast, but im confused on the whole import/us versions and games mod chips and whatnot, i wanna rock some good shooters, 3d fighters, and driving games and this looks like th best bet.

Demon-Seed

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 04, 2022, 09:51:02 am
    • DemonCade (WORKING URL!)
Re:dreamcast in cab
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2002, 10:03:54 pm »
Hey
I am interested in adding dc also. keep me posted or email me direct..I would like to wirte it into my current cp if possible.
Life is like a video game, a good one never dies..

Chazz

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 29, 2020, 01:14:53 pm
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2002, 05:50:51 pm »
Check out my site.  I have my DC hooked up to my arcade machine (not the controllers).  Let me know if you have any questions, maybe I can help.

~ ChaZz

gnateye

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 05, 2011, 11:22:36 am
  • 4 cabs and counting!!!
    • natty's arcade
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2002, 06:09:50 pm »
what did you use to connect your dreamcast to the cab? and dc2jamma? if so where did you get it?

or did you just hack a vga box? how do you controll the games with te dc controllers?

there isnt really a whole lot of info on the site about this?

Chazz

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 29, 2020, 01:14:53 pm
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2002, 06:12:49 pm »
I did the VGABox hack, really easy and cheap.  I just have my controlers inside the cabnet and pull them out when I want to play DC.  What info are you looking for?

Dave_K.

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 06, 2022, 03:27:30 pm
    • Arcade Fever
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2002, 08:12:21 pm »
Saint just added some stuff in the Alternatives section of the site on dreamcast info (buts its a little old).  There is also a little debate over wether this content is welcome on BYOC (being mostly Mame content).

See http://www.arcadecontrols.org/yabbse/index.php?board=7;action=display;threadid=2128

The cheap way to go is hacking your own video and pads.  Hacking the video is easy as Chazz stated.  The pads are also easy (similar to every other pc joypad hack already mentioned on this site).

-Dave