Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Game Question  (Read 2465 times)

thedrunkyak

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 26, 2002, 03:40:23 pm
  • I'm a llama!
Game Question
« on: August 21, 2002, 04:41:10 pm »
I'm looking for a game I played a long time ago.  It was a 4-player racing game where you viewed the cars in a top-down position.

The cabinet was very unique, the moniter was in the middle, cocktail style (The screen was horizontal), and each side had a steering wheel and foot pedal for all 4 players.

The game screen would move to follow the track (The track was larger than the screen), and you didn't complete laps, there was always a beginning and an ending.  If you were way behind in the race, as soon as the screen touched you, you would be pushed to the middle of the screen.

After each level you could buy power-ups for your car (spoilers, engines, tires, etc.).  As long as you had gas, you could continue to play, and you got gas through either power-ups, buying it at the end of levels, or adding quarters (It was very much like gauntlet in this respect).

If anyone can find out the name of this arcade I would really enjoy it (I poured more money into this machine than I did in making my mame cabinet).

TheDrunkYak

Mike

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 22, 2005, 01:22:14 pm
  • Umm, yea about the TPS report
Re:Game Question
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2002, 08:35:47 am »
I'm guessing this is the game your talking about http://www.klov.com/H/Hot_Rod.html it's Hot Rod by Sega. It's a System 24 game so it's not emulated yet.

nullb0y

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 27, 2023, 04:37:32 pm
  • Who wants some?
    • antinull
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2002, 01:21:37 pm »
do you mean offroad? you view really small cars and try and steer arouns a little track its 4 player and top down view i played this so thats my ponly idea....
Alright. Who wants some? Who's next? Huh? How 'bout it? Who wants some? Huh? Who wants to have a little? You.
  You want some more? Huuuh? You want a little? Do ya? Huh? You want some more? Huh? Huh? Hh!

thedrunkyak

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 26, 2002, 03:40:23 pm
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2002, 01:59:45 pm »

I'm guessing this is the game your talking about http://www.klov.com/H/Hot_Rod.html it's Hot Rod by Sega. It's a System 24 game so it's not emulated yet.
<BR>
Thank you very much!!!<BR>
I'm looking into finding FAQ's and source code right now for MAME.  I want this game supported if I have to do it myself!<BR>
Thank you very very much.<BR><BR>
Thedrunkyak

nullb0y

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 27, 2023, 04:37:32 pm
  • Who wants some?
    • antinull
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2002, 10:38:42 pm »
off road is supported i belive and i think its almost the same thing....
Alright. Who wants some? Who's next? Huh? How 'bout it? Who wants some? Huh? Who wants to have a little? You.
  You want some more? Huuuh? You want a little? Do ya? Huh? You want some more? Huh? Huh? Hh!