Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Mega-props to Andy at Ultimarc...  (Read 2196 times)

Smack

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 07, 2013, 11:40:41 pm
  • Who changed my avatar?
Mega-props to Andy at Ultimarc...
« on: August 20, 2002, 08:32:16 am »
I just wanted to put it out there, I know you guys know that Ulitmarc is super in support, I just wanted to relate my story...

I've bought and Opti-pac, Ipac, and 2 T-sticks. In installing the T-sticks, I broke one of the pins off of one of the microswitches. (I'm an idiot, the sticks are solid).

Andy at Ulitmarc didn't have any extra microswitches (a Happs one won't work) so he was cool enough to part out on of his complete sticks and send me a replacement one free of charge. Mega-cool!

That's it, much thanks to Andy.

Smack
Never Let Donkey Kong Use Your Toilet.
(We're talkin' big processed brown bananas...)

Somebody out there stole my sig! LOL

eightbit

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 07, 2019, 07:38:11 pm
  • My cab is never done...
Re:Mega-props to Andy at Ultimarc...
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2002, 08:25:07 pm »
How do you like the T-stick? How easy is the switch between 4 and 8? I have been considering this stick for a bartop cabinet and was thinking I could connect a rod to the switch and switch it from outside the CP without opening it up. Do you think that would work?
My statements are my own opinions. They have the value that the reader gives them. My opinion of my opinion varies between foolish and brilliant and these opinions often change with new information.

Smack

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 07, 2013, 11:40:41 pm
  • Who changed my avatar?
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2002, 12:19:45 am »
it works really well in both 4 and 8 way mode.

I had thought about an external means of switching it as well. You have to put a deal of pressure on the lever in a downwards direction before you can slide it out of its little locking groove to switch the restirctor plate. I couldn't come up with a working solution short of modifying the stick itself. (Then I just got lazy and cut holes in the bottom of my panels so I could reach them...)

If you work something out, I'd be curious to see how you do it.

I though may be 1 rod through the plastic tab that you can pull down, then a second rod attatched the first rod that you can slide forward or backward. Maybe? no?

Smack
Never Let Donkey Kong Use Your Toilet.
(We're talkin' big processed brown bananas...)

Somebody out there stole my sig! LOL

eightbit

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 07, 2019, 07:38:11 pm
  • My cab is never done...
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2002, 08:36:14 am »
1 fixed rod that can both turn and slide? Put a 90 degree bend in a rod an inch from the end and attach it to the control panel so that when you turn it, it exerts pressure down and then either push or pull the rod to switch.

I'll be ordering one.
My statements are my own opinions. They have the value that the reader gives them. My opinion of my opinion varies between foolish and brilliant and these opinions often change with new information.