Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Happs 19" bezel?  (Read 3091 times)

Ryan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 08, 2009, 10:35:06 am
  • I've been Mamed!!
Happs 19" bezel?
« on: August 18, 2002, 04:30:55 pm »
Will a Happs 19" bezel work for a 21" PC monitor? Does anyone have any experience with the foam type?
Bear Down!

Thenasty

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 04:50:42 pm
    • Thenasty's Arcademania Horizontal/Vertical monitor setup.
Re:Happs 19" bezel?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2002, 10:32:20 pm »
I have a 21" Pc monitor and a 19" Happ Bezel, and the answer is No. The bezel is too small unless your good with your hands and cut out the inside of the bezel to fit exactly witht your monitor.
Thenasty's Arcademania Horizontal/Vertical setup.
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=26696.0

Free VGA Breakout Cable
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=38228.0

Ultimate All in One Coin Mech write up (Make your own)
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=19200.0

Ryan

• Offline Offline
  • I've been Mamed!!
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2002, 12:11:04 am »
did you cut your bezel?  how did you cut it?

does anyone know what the foam bezel is about? can this also be bought from somewhere else(craft shops etc.)?
Bear Down!

SNAAAKE

• -Banned-
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 21, 2004, 03:44:18 am
  • Banned for abusive postings.
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2002, 01:13:34 am »
okay get the plastic..its very very good looking..i cant believe how nice it looks with the bezel..you can easyly cut with a knife and fit..my monitor has 19" viewable area,i cut it all the way to fit it..its like a perfect fit..its design to fit 19" but about 17" viewable monitor when its right out the box..but the material is very good..and i mean very very good..i can upload a pic or get the exact size after you cut the bezel all the way.then you can compare the size with the viewable screen of your monitor..i have 21" GEM pc monior in another computer,it fits really well..i tried.so get the bezel at any cost..making one much more painufull then it might sound.DONT TRY AND MAKING YOURSELF..get it..its only like $12.

Ryan

• Offline Offline
  • I've been Mamed!!
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2002, 07:36:49 pm »
Snaake, your da man!  Thats what I wanted to hear, I just ordered my 21" on e-bay last light for $111.00 (that includes shipping) and now I will order that bezel from Happs.  Thanks a lot!
Bear Down!

SNAAAKE

• -Banned-
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 21, 2004, 03:44:18 am
  • Banned for abusive postings.
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2002, 04:04:43 am »
no problem dude ;D

post some pic when you get em..i can already picture the monitor with bezel looking very cool and professional.

Skeleton

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 26, 2002, 05:45:22 pm
    • Skeleton's Arcade
Foam Bezel ...
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2002, 07:15:47 am »

did you cut your bezel?  how did you cut it?

does anyone know what the foam bezel is about? can this also be bought from somewhere else(craft shops etc.)?

I bought the 13" foam bezel for a bartop cab that I'm building and I would have to say that it's definitely NOT worth the $11 or whatever it was.  It is not a complete bezel. It is just the foam seal. I could have bought a strip of 3/4" adhesive backed foam from a craft store for like a dollar and it would have been just as good.  

I will have to cut out a flat, cardboard bezel and stick the foam seal to the bottom of it so it seals to the curved monitor tube.