Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: More on WinCab/DosCab  (Read 5208 times)

Johnny

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 30, 2021, 01:03:14 pm
  • I Want My Own Coctail Cabinet!!
More on WinCab/DosCab
« on: June 28, 2004, 02:08:38 pm »
Hi Guys,

I'm new to this jukbox thing, and I'm trying WinCab for the first time. Because of this, I have couple of things I can't get to work and like to change.

1 - The labels background (Colour/chape) is changing. Is it possible to keep the same background  all the time?

2 - To make the jukebox as autentic as possible, I'll like to keep the records as they where released.
A single by The Beatles was release with "I want to hold Your hand" on the a-side and "I saw her standing there" as the b-side.

Is it possible to set the Jukebox to read the songs this way?
(Now it sorts alphabeticly)

3 - Any change of Songfile and songpath in jukebox.ini does not work. The music files "must" be in a subfolder of the jukebox folder for it to work. Like this: c:\jukebox\the beatles\songs.mp3. I have tried to run jukelist.exe, but the songlist.ini is empty. If there is an empty songlist.ini in the main folder, the Jukbox crashes.

Any help is appreciated!

- Johnny

Johnny Andersen
 Oslo - Norway

RacerX

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 17, 2022, 12:06:34 pm
  • Longtime member, sometime poster.
Re:More on WinCab/DosCab
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2004, 03:17:58 pm »
Sit tight for a little while.  Chris is about to release an all new version of DOSCab/WinCab, and it is awesome.  I have an Alpha test version of it, and even it does most of what you're asking for and a *whole* lot more.  

(See http://www.arcadecontrols.org/yabbse/index.php?board=5;action=display;threadid=21002)

As far as I know, it currently won't do what you requested in #2, though.  (Unless Chris were to add it in since last I heard.)

Ahh, Chris has posted a way to do this below.  Cool.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2004, 04:01:00 pm by RacerX »

Chris

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 21, 2019, 04:59:49 pm
    • Chris's MAME Cabinet
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2004, 03:43:01 pm »
I'm new to this jukbox thing, and I'm trying WinCab for the first time. Because of this, I have couple of things I can't get to work and like to change.

1 - The labels background (Colour/chape) is changing. Is it possible to keep the same background  all the time?

Go into jukebox.ini and set LabelStyle to a number from, if I remember right, 0 to 9.  Right now you probably have it on -1, which is Random.
2 - To make the jukebox as autentic as possible, I'll like to keep the records as they where released.
A single by The Beatles was release with "I want to hold Your hand" on the a-side and "I saw her standing there" as the b-side.

To do that with the version you have now, you'll need to create an index file by running JUKELIST NOCOPY in the folder where your files start, set the SongSort in jukebox.ini to None, and then edit the resulting songlist.ini to get the songs to appear in the order you want them.

With the new version, you can make the songs appear in a specific order by editing the track numbers in the MP3 tags, or by naming the files 1 - I want to hold Your hand.mp3 and 2 - I saw her standing there.mp3 if the songs have no ID3 tags. The jukebox will crop the 1 - and 2 - automatically.  You would need to do this consistently within an artist, though. For the next "record", you'll use 3 and 4, then 5 and 6, etc.  When you go to the next artist, start over at 1 again.
3 - Any change of Songfile and songpath in jukebox.ini does not work. The music files "must" be in a subfolder of the jukebox folder for it to work. Like this: c:\jukebox\the beatles\songs.mp3. I have tried to run jukelist.exe, but the songlist.ini is empty. If there is an empty songlist.ini in the main folder, the Jukbox crashes.

See above on creating the songlist.  SongPath is broken in this version, but is fixed in the next version.

--Chris
« Last Edit: June 28, 2004, 03:44:51 pm by Chris »
--Chris
DOSCab/WinCab Jukebox: http://www.dwjukebox.com

Johnny

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 30, 2021, 01:03:14 pm
  • I Want My Own Coctail Cabinet!!
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2004, 05:47:22 pm »
Thanx for the reply!  :D