Software Support > DOS/WinCab

DOSCab/WinCab Jukebox news

<< < (2/6) > >>

colopioneers:
Gotta put in my $.02 as well...

Chris, you know me as the pest that you've been helping configure the alpha for the past three days!

Anyway, just wanted to post this to let everyone know that Chris and WinCab absolutely rock!!!

If you're reading this and deciding on which jukebox FE to use, you can't go wrong with DosCab/WinCab!

Keep up the great work Chris, and thanks again for all the help!

Jamie
"colopioneers"

Chris:
I expected to have a public beta version by today, but had a bit of a setback yesterday...

I happen to have Malague

RacerX:
Sounds like you're getting close!  I'm glad you didn't lose all 10 hours worth of work.  That would have sucked royally!  Thanks again for all of your efforts.

Chris:
One side effect of rebuilding the input system was that adding other input systems is now simple.  So last night, I tinkered with gamepad support, and it now works.  Most of the time it took was spent tracking down one single typo... :(

The system I added will allow you to map the four main directions and up to 14 buttons for up to 4 gamepads/sticks to any DWJ feature.  For Windows, joysticks are autodetected through DirectX.  For DOS, you do have to specify the joystick in jukebox.ini, and of course you can't use USB.  You can set it up for a standard 2-button, 4-button, 6-button, or 8-button stick, a Flightstick Pro, a Wingman Extreme, a Wingman Warrior, a Sidewinder, a Gravis Gamepad Pro, a Gravis GrIP, an SNES pad connected to the parallel port, a PSX pad connected to the parallel port, an N64 pad connected to the parallel port, and a couple of other console sticks with hacked interfaces.  

--Chris

RacerX:

--- Quote from: Chris on June 30, 2004, 12:03:33 pm ---One side effect of rebuilding the input system was that adding other input systems is now simple.  So last night, I tinkered with gamepad support, and it now works.  Most of the time it took was spent tracking down one single typo... :(

The system I added will allow you to map the four main directions and up to 14 buttons for up to 4 gamepads/sticks to any DWJ feature.  For Windows, joysticks are autodetected through DirectX.  For DOS, you do have to specify the joystick in jukebox.ini, and of course you can't use USB.  You can set it up for a standard 2-button, 4-button, 6-button, or 8-button stick, a Flightstick Pro, a Wingman Extreme, a Wingman Warrior, a Sidewinder, a Gravis Gamepad Pro, a Gravis GrIP, an SNES pad connected to the parallel port, a PSX pad connected to the parallel port, an N64 pad connected to the parallel port, and a couple of other console sticks with hacked interfaces.  

--Chris

--- End quote ---

That's cool.  If I should decide to build additional jukeboxes, I'll just hack old gamepads instead of ordering IPAC's.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version