Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Has anyone ever actually got PC -> Scan Converter -> Arcade Monitor to work?  (Read 1942 times)

Pegasus37

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 25, 2002, 01:12:17 am
  • I want to Build My Own Arcade Controls!!
I'm seeing all sorts of info here about different ways of connecting up displays. My question to all of you out there is whether or not anyone has actually got a PC -> Scan Converter -> Arcade Monitor to work? And if so, was it a very expensive scan converter, or in the $100 to $300 range? Here's a chance for you to brag if you're someone who has got it to work! I think the reason my setup won't show the picture and have it stay put is because of the SCART output on my AverKey 300 Gold probably outputting the RGB in PAL timings instead of NTSC. So PLEASE, if you have managed to get something like this to work, SHARE!

Pegasus37

Kanedo

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 22, 2003, 11:27:17 pm
I've got a Extron Super Emotia working with my monitor.  It has RGBS output via BNC connectors.  You can get one on eBay for around $100.

Pegasus37

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 25, 2002, 01:12:17 am
Checked Ebay, the only one I found hadn't been bid on yet, but had a minimum starting bid of $275.00, and it was just the unit. No power cables, no manual, nothing but the unit. Called Extron, they said although these models are discontinued, the were in the 1000s of $ ranges. When you said, "You can get one on eBay for around $100," did you accidentally type $100 when you meant $1000? I'd like to do this, but I need a complete workable solution, and don't want to spend $1000s on it. Please let me know...

Pegasus37

Kanedo

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 22, 2003, 11:27:17 pm
Here's one going for starting at $10 http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1373413567

However, this nor mine will accept Horizontal sync less than 31.5khz.  Might be a problem if you choose sync lower than that.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2002, 05:05:21 am by Kanedo »