Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Can anyone shed any helpful specifics RE: WG 19 monitor  (Read 3220 times)

JLR2000

• Wiki Contributor
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 18, 2021, 02:49:16 pm
  • There is NO Sanctuary...
Can anyone shed any helpful specifics RE: WG 19 monitor
« on: August 07, 2002, 06:43:42 pm »
Okay, so I opened up the small neo-geo cab I bought two weeks ago for $100.  The cab is in good shape, the monitor looks like new, and I saw it working (a game was put in, didn't come with it).  I'm new to arcade monitors, but the inside looked nice and new, saw a sticker saying manufactured in dec. 1990.  It's a well gardner monitor and the model number is 19K7610    120V  60 hz  85w Max

Can anyone offer any additional info?  Does the 60hz mean I don't have to worry about the 15hz issue I've been reading about?  Is this more like a TV than an arcade monitor?  Any info anyone has or can point to is greatly appreciated...I'm going to hunt around but I thought if someone else has this same monitor they could share their experiences. I'm hoping to hook up a PC running windows to run mame and use USB for the controls (with a JPAC for the connection to the monitor, maybe). THANKS!

MameFan

Re:Can anyone shed any helpful specifics RE: WG 19 monitor
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2002, 10:34:55 pm »
60Hz simply means it runs on U.S. AC power at 120 volts.  

In the US, the power lines cycle at 60Hz. In Europe, they cycle at 50 Hz.

This has nothing to do with the specs of the monitor itself, just that it runs on 120 volts AC @ 60 Hz, and draws 85 watts maximum (basically like any 19" computer monitor or television set)

I just did a search on google and couldn't find ANY info regarding that monitor.

My best guess is that it is a Medium-res monitor, meaning it may not run old classic games from old classic boards, but I could be wrong. I don't know much about the Neo-Geo line of games.  I know the old WG 4xxx series were Low-Res monitors and worked with all the "classic" games.

As far as compatiblity with MAME/etc.. I'd have to see the actual specs of the monitor before being able to tell you.

JLR2000

• Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2002, 11:50:08 pm »
Thanks.  I guess I got all confused re: the 60hz.  I did a search on well gardner k7000, assuming the " 19k7610" just meant a 19" and the 610 was just a particular model of the k7000 series, came up with a few hits and some refurbished monitors from Happs, but that was it.  Hopefully someone else is using this monitor or has more info on it...Thanks for the reply!

x-wing

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 28, 2003, 10:40:37 pm
  • I Built My Own Arcade Controls!!
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2002, 07:46:12 am »
Call W-G.  I've read posts about people who picked up used W-G monitors that didn't have manuals, but they called W-G and they sent them the manual for it.  Don't know if they send them for free or you have to pay for them, but it's something to try.

Davestar

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 31, 2013, 01:55:36 pm
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2002, 10:21:29 am »
JLR2000,
      If you go to http://www.arcademonitors.com/ go down to raster monitors on the left hand side frame, all the way at the bottom they have the K7000 series from WG.  Clicking on the link will provide you with some basic information, and most importantly a link to your users manual supplied in PDF format.   Taking a little peak at your manual, it seems the monitor is a 15khz standard arcade monitor.  

If you were to use a Jpac, assuming the cabinet is wired JAMMA, you wouldn't have to worry about blowing out the monitor as the JPAC has a very good feature to keep that from happening.  I would highly recommend the JPAC, as I have one myself, and anyone who has delt with Andy at Ultimarc has been impressed with their professionalism, and support, and rightly so.

Also, I would recommend checking out Advanced mame, and Arcadeos.  Many people have that configuration, again including me, and it works fine.  Good luck.

------------------
Dave
--Dave

JLR2000

• Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2002, 10:27:37 am »
Dave  -

GREAT info, thanks much!!  Are you using windows?  What video card are you using?  Thanks again for the link and the info!

Davestar

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 31, 2013, 01:55:36 pm
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2002, 10:48:36 am »
I am using windows me, with the patch installed to boot directly to dos.  I have used an ATI all in wonder pro, a Stealth 540, and even a SIS 530 integrated video chip.  All work under Advance mame, and they have a big list over there of successful cards to use.  Hope this helps.
----------------
Dave
--Dave

JLR2000

• Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2002, 02:03:09 pm »
Thanks, that does help.  The list over at the advancemame site seemed kinda old, but I will check again.

Thanks again for the help.  I've found manuals for both monitors I have now, so I'm finally getting somewhere!