Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: cabinet styles  (Read 1564 times)

rampy

• *shrug*
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 02, 2007, 11:32:16 am
  • ...as useless as a JPG is to Helen Keller
    • Build Your Own PVR
cabinet styles
« on: August 02, 2002, 10:30:51 am »
So, as mentioned in a different thread in the buy/sell/trade forum I picked up one of those 21" VGA industrial monitors (non-arcade).  

And I'm looking at this thing, and I'm looking at my gutted cabinet (some smaller sized birdie king clone - pics) and doubt has crept in...  did I pick the wrong empty cab for my needs?

Here's what's got me in a minor tizzy.  The cabinet I have is one where the monitor is supposed to be like 110 - 120 degrees ( you look down at it - prob. because the original game was a top down perspective?)   not the more common 160 degree-ish...

Of course I'm not near an arcade with an oldish game where I can see if it's comfortable to play "looking down"...

*shrug* not sure where I'm going with this... it'll probably be fine.. people look down at cocktail displays... and nobody complains of neckpains or anything...

Do other people start their cabinet projects and part of the way through go... "ooh boy... what did I get myself into?"
or is it just me...  I so want to get to the wiring part as that's the part I'm most comfortable with - but don't want to end up with a butt ugly cabinet... cuz i rushed it...

rampy

jelloslug

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 25, 2005, 03:55:59 pm
  • Splut!
    • Jelloslugs Arcade
Re:cabinet styles
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2002, 11:18:31 am »
Actuall thats a common configuration for older cabs.  Lots of old games like Pac-Man, Galaga, ect. were setup like that.