Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Got my 27" Eygo monitor  (Read 1653 times)

Brijinder Grewal

• Trade Count: (0)
Got my 27" Eygo monitor
« on: July 31, 2002, 04:52:54 pm »
I picked my 27" Eygo monitor today, I had bought it off Ebay.  When I went to the store the guy had tested and untested ones.  I had originally paid $85 on Ebay for an untested, but I ended up taking home a tested for $175.  The tested also comes with a power cord and is gauranteed to work.  I brought it home, hooked it up to my iBook (I won't be using my iBook for my cab, I'll put together a pc for that) and it works perfectly.  The picture is bright and beautiful.  $175 for a 27" monitor is a deal for me.  I would highly recommend this buy.  Can't wait to now start my cab, the monitor was the first piece.  Have 21 days before school starts, have to hurry now.  I'll post pics of monitor soon.  

MameFan

Re:Got my 27" Eygo monitor
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2002, 05:45:13 pm »
"Untested"

eBay Dictionary Lookup:
"<uhn> <tes> <ted>"

1. (Least prevelent) Seller is honest. Seller doesn't have the knowledge or equipment to test electronic item out, therefore is willing to take less than full value by listing it as untested.

2. (Most prevelent). Seller is dishonest. Seller fully knows about merchandise, and in fact often sells identical or similar items. Seller has tested and knows item doesn't work from inspection. Seller is looking to increase value by listing as untested instead of "tested and not working for
  • reason"

I am not making ANY accusations toward any particular seller here, but after 5 years of selling and 1 year of buying (with NUMEROUS times of being "had" by arcade item sellers when I was buying) I can attest to this simple fact.... ALWAYS assume "untested" = "broken and not worthing anything"... and bid accordingly.

Just a word of warning to you new ebayers!

SNAAAKE

• -Banned-
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 21, 2004, 03:44:18 am
  • Banned for abusive postings.
Re:Got my 27" Eygo monitor
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2002, 09:32:39 pm »
the seller was great....then my monitor broke in about a week...not saying yours will break but mine did...and the guy never got back with me..JIMRAINDOW that is...however i got my money back after i sue him :)

great monitor by the way..they are as good as 500$ WG monitors.the seller has no idea how great they are thats why he is selling cheap.too bad i am not lucky enough...
« Last Edit: July 31, 2002, 09:38:31 pm by SNAAAKE »