Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Question about trackball mouse  (Read 2558 times)

"The Manuel"

• Trade Count: (0)
Question about trackball mouse
« on: July 31, 2002, 01:12:53 am »
I just bought the CompUSA crystal trackball (now "Clear Trackball") and got it to work decently on millipide and marble madness (I now this is not exactly "arcade grade").
However, now matter how much I tweak the controls, I can't get the object I'm controlling (i.e. the ship in millipide) to move fast enough.
In windows, I can make the cursor shoot from one edge of the screen to the other.
Is there a way I can make the spaceship in millipide move as fast as the cursor?
Is this a restriction on the game itself originally or on the hardware.

Regards.

Minwah

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 18, 2019, 05:03:20 am
    • MAMEWAH
Re:Question about trackball mouse
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2002, 05:52:37 am »
Run the game (eg Marble Madness), Press TAB & select 'Analog Controls'.  Then increase the 'Track' X & Y sensitivity.  You'll have to do this for each game tho.

Sorry if you've tried this already.