Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: ZiNc on Kymaera?  (Read 872 times)

Paul Olson

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 08:53:48 pm
    • Paul's Arcade
ZiNc on Kymaera?
« on: May 23, 2004, 12:52:46 pm »
Hi, is there anyway to set up zinc on Kymaera?  I don't know how to make a list for it.  The only option I see is to use the roms directory, and that doesn't seem to work.  It will display the list in Kymaera, but when I select a game, it goes to a black screen for a few seconds, then returns to Kymaera.

Thanks, Paul

PacManFan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 06, 2005, 12:18:56 pm
    • Kymaera Home Page
Re:ZiNc on Kymaera?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2004, 10:58:04 pm »
Can ZINC be launched with a game rom from the command line like MAME?  You should be able to get a directory listing of your roms, and then use that as a game list. If Kymaera comes back immediately after launching a game, then it sounds like the launch command might not be configured correctly.

Can you post an example of how you would launch a rom from the command line? I'll be able to help you with your launch command.

If you can't run it from the command line, You might need one of Howard Casto's wrappers.

-PMF
All Hail Smezznar! The Giant purple centipede of Omnicron 5. Regail him with your odiferous offerings of onion powder!

Paul Olson

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 08:53:48 pm
    • Paul's Arcade
Re:ZiNc on Kymaera?
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2004, 02:14:11 am »
Zinc launches by command line using a number
type zinc x - where x is a game nr to start game

I was trying it with Howard's wrapper.  I can't figure out how to make Kymaera use the numbers, or even find out what the numbers are.
The wrapper is preset for zinc, but the only place I see the numbers listed is in the lconfig.ini.  The only option in Kymaera for list generation is create from rom directory, so I don't know how you would make the list.

I'll play with it some more this weekend, but I really have no idea.  I saw a recent post that someone got zinc to work with one of the other fes (might have been mamewah setup, not sure), I'll try to find that again, maybe it will shed some light.

Thanks, Paul