Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: MOVED: Mame cab back on ebay (previous post was deleted for NO GOOD REASON!  (Read 1993 times)

planetjay

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 22, 2019, 10:50:57 pm
  • Ex-Evil Admin Monkey.
    • planetjay.com
Why? It has been pointed out to us that websites have been sued for being one click away from illegal material. If your should be found illegal AND the ROM owners wanted some more publicity, they could easily sue.

It is much easier and safer to err on the side of caution and remove posts than to leave them. What you and everyone else should probably do is not sell/resell software. These days there's too much controversy over what is and isn't legal.

It's a little know fact that most EULAs these days state that you are only leasing the software. And have no right to do anything but use it. And even that is sometimes in question.

Anyway in the end, I will ALWAYS do what I feel is best for the Website. And I am very sorry that you can't understand how your simple post could POSSIBLY close YET ANOTHER arcade related website.

HOWEVER. Your auction CLEARLY states

Why pay $2,000 for a Ms.Pac Man / Galaga reunion game when you can get those two and thousands more like Donkey Kong, NHL Open Ice< NBA JAM Tournament Edition, Sreet Fighter Alpha / Zero 3, Centipede, Killer Instinct, Tekken 2 , Soul Edge, and thousands more on one machine!

AND no where do you say that ROMS are not included. You are either misleading the person buying it or selling the ROMs. Either way I am FOR THE SECOND TIME removing your post.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2002, 10:47:17 am by planetjay »
planetjay.com. Still in Chicago. Still no hurricanes!