Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: ? for Mikeman or other g400 DualHeaders  (Read 1607 times)

thelevin8r

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 09, 2006, 03:25:20 am
  • I'm a llama!
? for Mikeman or other g400 DualHeaders
« on: July 20, 2002, 12:01:36 pm »
Hello!

I just picked up a cabinet (a fully functional taito street fighter) and am now in the planing stages, trying to figure out what video card I should get.

My question for Mikeman or someone else that uses the same setup: With your setup are you able to get a display on your arcade monitor even in dos or does it have to be in windows? Are you using the TV out or the second display out? I will be getting a j-pac which has the display amp built in. I guess that will fix the need to max out the brightness.

Levin

Mikeman

• Trade Count: (0)
Re:? for Mikeman or other g400 DualHeaders
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2002, 03:36:27 pm »
Ok I'm back!  Just moved across the country.

#1 : With your setup are you able to get a display on your arcade monitor even in dos or does it have to be in windows?
   -  I can ONLY get Windows now.  Therefore you can't use a program like ArcadeOS as your frontend.

#2 : Are you using the TV out or the second display out?
   -  I use the second display out set as TV-OUT with cable type set as SCART-RGB.  The cable is built as shown on the Matrox tech support web site.

The display was much nicer when it was in DOS with output to the monitor at 15khz.  Now all MAME games are fuzzy :(

On the plus side, with the Rainbow Runner G - series, I can play any Windows games up to 1024X768, I play N64 games through the video-in and I watch cable TV with the TV-Tuner.  I'm also able to run the Daphne emulator and play Dragon's Lair, Cliff Hanger, and other laserdisc games.

The main reason I switched to Windows was to play the laserdisc emulator.  I may try to setup a dual boot system (DOS/Windows) in the near future.