Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: MOVED: MameAnalog+ 0.81 questions  (Read 859 times)

unclet

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 26, 2023, 07:34:43 pm
MOVED: MameAnalog+ 0.81 questions
« on: May 09, 2004, 07:22:23 am »
1) Does V0.81 support the new CHD format?

2) When I download MameAnalog+, I see it is just one EXE file.    Does this mean I can simply replace the EXE which comes with MAME with this one and thats it?

3) Is there a way to use the Mame32 GUI interface with AnalogMame+ or must I use another frontend in which you can specify where the desired EXE file is located?

SirPeale

• Green Mountain Man
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 04, 2023, 09:51:57 am
  • Arcade Repair in New England
    • Arcade Game and Other Coin-Op Projects
Re:MOVED: MameAnalog+ 0.81 questions
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2004, 08:26:07 am »
1) Does V0.81 support the new CHD format?

Disclaimer: I haven't used it.  However; most MAME derivatives have their version numbers based on whatever version of MAME that source comes from.  I'd say quite likely.

2) When I download MameAnalog+, I see it is just one EXE file.    Does this mean I can simply replace the EXE which comes with MAME with this one and thats it?

Yes.

3) Is there a way to use the Mame32 GUI interface with AnalogMame+ or must I use another frontend in which you can specify where the desired EXE file is located?

The mame32 GUI interface is compiled right into the exe.  You would have to get the source to MameAnalog and put the UI source in (which is really easy) but I'm not sure if the two packages are compatible.  It's made to be used with a front end.

SirPeale

• Green Mountain Man
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 04, 2023, 09:51:57 am
  • Arcade Repair in New England
    • Arcade Game and Other Coin-Op Projects
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2004, 08:33:01 am »
Oh yeah...why does your post say 'moved' in the topic?  No wonder it's been ignored since you posted it.

unclet

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 26, 2023, 07:34:43 pm
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2004, 08:57:03 am »
I originally posted this question in the Main forum out of habit.  I always forget a Software forum actually exists.    

BTW: Thanks for the input.